Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
"97_Game_Actor_StatsAndState.rb" has an explicit cost increase in "process_nap_change" deducting 18 saturation baseline, 2 extra from WeakSoul and another 12 extra with Setup_Hardcore. There are several similar lines in other scripts, I can't guarantee any of them take effect during overmap movement specifically but given the nature of that one I'd be surprised if there was no extra cost for advancing the day/night cycle on the overmap in survival/hardcore mode at the very least.
True, and it will affect overmap napping (when time is >100) but that's saturation, not stamina or time.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
I always thought SAT was shorthand for Satiety.
Native speakers can't even get "its" vs "it's" right nowadays and you expect a mostly machine-translated indie project by Chinese original authors to make use of somewhat rare context-specific vocabulary? :ROFLMAO:

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
So, I wrote a few pages back on how playing as a meek mage Lona is a struggle compared to shinobi whip Lona and I think I need to make it into bullet points for clarity and perhaps put it in signature so more players/testers can see it and maybe add findings of their own. So perhaps this post can be a collected LonaRPG wish/enhance-list of sorts.

Legend: "Main" = "first", "Heavy" = second, and "Control" = third.

Aiming:
  • (*In testing as of 0.4.4.3!*) Lona can't be on high ground and aim down. She can only aim the furthest in a walking path down just below the stairs. While the goblin can stand anywhere on low ground and hit Lona at high ground. That makes for very frustrating gameplay. This applies to mage second, third, musket shot, and rock throwing. Probably also bow air strike.
aiming.png
  • The sight/aim is also pretty slow. Any smaller enemy like ordinary goblins move as fast as Lona can move her aim/sight. Don't know if this is due to the recent FPS enhancements but it makes it more obvious at least. So, perhaps a setting for sight/aim speed would be nice.
  • (*In testing as of 0.4.4.3!*) When aiming, Lonas body is fixed in the direction when first aiming, and if Lona then aim all the way backwards/around the body is still fixed in the opposite direction. So when firing it looks quite impossible as she fires backwards. Would be cool if she could follow the sight/aim with her body.
Aborting: (*In testing as of 0.4.4.2!*)
  • The ability to abort mage second, third, musket shot, rock throw, and bow air strike would really benefit gameplay. So many times targets walk of screen or out of range and Lona is frozen with her finger on the trigger/mage book/bow string, and can't abort.
  • STA penalty of intended actions STA minus 1 or 2 when aborting seems fair.
Self harm:
  • Everytime using mage second, third, musket shot, rock throw, and bow airstike the sight/aim is reset to Lonas position. So Lona very often set herself on fire or shoot herself in the head with the musket or just bang a rock onto herself.
  • Aim/sight starts one tile of Lonas current position and direction. That would remedy all except fire mage third, and bow air strike, which has a splash/spread damage.
Hiding: (*In testing as of 0.4.4.2! (Became a skill in 0.4.6.0)*)
  • When in hiding, and Lona opens a door or dismantle a trap. Lona stops hiding and becomes visible for anyone looking in her general direction. Would be cool if she could stay in hiding mode until hide/unhide-key is pressed again.
Companions:
  • It would be great If Lona could share HP/STA potions with companions outside of combat.
Traps:
  • When having mines/bombs in EXT-slot the "Hunter Traning" (trap laying) skill should place the mine/bomb instead of making a trap of the mine like any other stone/thing and not explode. This way you won't have to enter the menu, rebind the trap laying key to EXT-slot, lay the mine/bomb, and then enter the menu and rebind the key back to "Hunter Traning" skill again.
  • A whitelist of items that automatically go into traps. That way you don't have to re-equip rocks when you run out of them to place traps. Maybe a way to mark certain item types (rocks/logs/maybe spare spears/pitchforks/rag clothing) so they can be taken directly from the inventory for trap ammo without having to equip them.
Hope this list is well met as intended and that it could perhaps serve as a wish and or enhanced gameplay list.

Last edited:

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
You are probably right, it's just everywhere in code it's simply SAT and I copied what person I quoted said without thinking.
Both are correct in this context and unlike Minecraft or C: DDA we don't have multiple digestion-related stats to warrant debating which one is best described by which term. "Satiation" also exists.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020
Aiming:
  • Lona can't be on high ground and aim down. She can only aim the furthest in a walking path down just below the stairs. While the goblin can stand anywhere on low ground and hit Lona at high ground. That makes for very frustrating
Aborting:
  • The ability to abort mage second, third, musket shot, rock throw, and bow air strike would really benefit gameplay. So many times targets walk of screen or out of range and Lona is frozen with her finger on the trigger/mage book/bow string, and can't abort.
  • STA penalty of intended actions STA minus 1 or 2 when aborting seems fair.
Hiding:
  • When in hiding, and Lona opens a door or dismantle a trap. Lona stops hiding and becomes visible for anyone looking in her general direction. Would be cool if she could stay in hiding mode until hide/unhide-key is pressed again.
do want, bump

Reactions: hndr07

blackchimaera

Jun 7, 2019
Well, I translated the rest of (v0.4.4.1) Cocona's current questline, (Shopping! and Escape the Saint's Monastery) using MTL then editing for context. Cocona likes to verbalize like a 'cat purring', translating directly to Woo-Miaow, but Nyaa seems better; also, at one point the saints talk about their "sunshine daisies", which, given the context, I assume to be chinese slang for assholes/ass, and I know at least in japanese an 'oshiri hana' is 'ass flower', slang for 'asshole'.

Anyway, two problems: 1: The optional 'Sex Scene' seems to be missing in this version, and 2: After escaping the monastery, the game crashes, I don't know why but if anyone else can figure it out would be helpful!

I've included the translated text file and a backup of the original, you put the file in LonaRPG->Text->ENG

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Nice one, blackchimaera! I see you improved the already MTL:ed lines as well! I am curious though, what does "\{" on line 524 and 530 and so on do? Edit: That is bold and big text setting.

Also, I see a mistake at line 599. Should be 13_3 not 13_2? Or is that a mistake from DEV?
Edit: doesn't seem to matter... Works either way. Yeah, quest isn't quite finished. Like right outside the door you have the asdasd and an unfinished scene..

Great work blackchimaera and thanks again!

Last edited:

blackchimaera

Jun 7, 2019
Nice one, blackchimaera! I see you improved the already MTL:ed lines as well! I am curious though, what does "\{" on line 524 and 530 and so on do?
I've found the \{ makes a line appear with a bigger font, to denote the character yelling/shouting something

Also, I see a mistake at line 599. Should be 13_3 not 13_2? Or is that a mistake from DEV?
In the original DEV file the numbering for lines in scene 584-611 were labeled 13_1, 13_3, 13_4, 13_5 and 13_5 (which caused the line to skip), so while translating I changed it to 13_1, 13_2, 13_3, 13_4 and 13_5 and it plays all lines now, at least in that scene, but if it caused a problem elsewhere, I'm sorry!

Also, here's my save right before the quest and changes to test them

Reactions: jaruh and CaiNanE

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
but if it caused a problem elsewhere, I'm sorry!

Also, here's my save right before the quest and changes to test them
I really think you solved it and I don't think it will casue any error going forward. But we'll see. I edited my post above before I saw your reponse. I think it is all good! : )

blackchimaera

Jun 7, 2019
Yeah, I just found Cocona adorable and wanted to be able to understand while playing through what we have so far :) I love the game for it's realistic and dark take on a fantasy world filled with horrors and trying to keep one girl alive through it all.

Thank you very much CaiNanE for all your work getting this in english!

P.S. Screenshot below is the error I'm getting leaving the monastery

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Well, it's been a team effort so far to which you now can add your name : ) As I said above somewhere I do patches and merges and fixes but no actual translation due to google being what they are. I'll add the whole ENG zip now as usual. Actually, I will add this to signature and always keep this post up to date with the latest English merge instead of making new posts.

Disclaimer and Explanation:
This is (as stated in OP) not an official release by the developer or official translators. Please read:
Disclaimer and Explanation for all and more information you could possibly want on the whole matter.
Thanks.

LonaRPG.Beta.0.5.4.4_ENG.zip merged with official 0.5.4.4 release.

Diffs:
I can't track diffs over versions since I make so many fixes to the files that it's impossible. I am only using a text editor after all. What I can say though is that between official release and this zip, only 6 textfiles out of 111 are identical, so 105 files are different.

New/added/edited stuff from release:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Translation needed:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Important:
Make sure you download the correct version for your LonaRPG release. I will keep the three latest versions available for compability. So make sure your "LonaRPG.V.E.R.S.I.O.N" matches the "LonaRPG.V.E.R.S.I.O.N._ENG.zip" you download. This shouldn't be confusing.

But if it is and you use the wrong patch, your LonaRPG will crash, saves files will be corrupted, your CPU will look for missing RAM adresses and crash, your house will most likely be set on fire, and your neighbours turn into zombies looking for brains to eat. So, I don't want to hear about it in the thread.

Installation/Unpacking:
So, since so many don't understand what to do with this zipped/packed folder/directory I guess we need a mansplation:
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
Just extract/unpack/copy all the content in:
"LonaRPG.Beta.V.E.R.S.I.O.N_ENG.zip"
into
"Drive:\MaybeSomeFolder\LonaRPG.Beta.V.E.R.S.I.O.N\Text\".
Now, it places the lotion in the basket.
If you need to overwrite a bunch of files (114 as of now) you're doing it right. If not, re-check your path.

Bugs/Irregularities/Fixing:
If *you* make a correction/translation, please PM me the *.txt file(s) and I'll update this post. TIA!
pain.jpg

If anyone testing this great game happen upon the kind of messages in the picture below,
please let me know and I'll try to fix it. If you can capture the whole message like below it helps a lot.
slut9.png

Also if you see vertical text anywhere let me know as well:

Support the creator!
Please consider supporting EccmA417
in further development of LonaRPG:

Last updated: 2021-06-16_22:24 UTC

Last edited:

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
1: The optional 'Sex Scene' seems to be missing in this version
Correct. According to changelog, it seems to have been added in 0.4.4.2.

P.S. Screenshot below is the error I'm getting leaving the monastery
Works fine here.
If you are using decrypted version check that you have file /Graphics/Pictures/map_scroll.png
In your translation files make sure that you didn't replace [map_scroll] with anything like [map scroll]

after these messages, my game crushes, how can i fix this problem?
According to changelog, it seems to have been fixed in 0.4.4.2.

Last edited:

blackchimaera

Jun 7, 2019
That's awesome Teravisor!

And I found out what was wrong with my crash after monastery: For some reason I still can't figure out, changing the line to english messed with the cg call up, (even though the code part is written the same), for now I changed just that one line back to chinese and everything works, just tested it, quest finished. I'm sorry I messed up, I'll back off and let someone more qualified handle translating...

EDIT: Text lines 707 and 847 are the ones causing issues when translated, don't know why, fixed the 15_1/15_3/15_4/15_5/15_5 thing again

Anyway, quest finishes now translation below, if someone can do better, please, please do because I'm an idiot...

Last edited:

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
Reporting Error when starting the game, something about the dll, error that I needed to reinstall or something like that, but even despite the error the game still runs though just fine.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Reporting Error when starting the game, something about the dll, error that I needed to reinstall or something like that, but even despite the error the game still runs though just fine.
Try 0.4.4.1, posted here. The opening post of this thread is poorly maintained.

4.10 star(s) 181 Votes