Ubtsha

Jun 15, 2017
Thanks a bunch, man! I'm assuming the effects will be noticable once I load the save or do I have to have my game saved not on the world map? You know... To avoid corrupting the save?

Edit: Wait, you said rate. Could I also lower the world danger by modding it like you've mentioned?
No Idea, sorry, that only works to control any further world danger growth. The value you seek could be stored in the save file probably.

Leon5265

Jul 14, 2021
Thanks a bunch, man! I'm assuming the effects will be noticable once I load the save or do I have to have my game saved not on the world map? You know... To avoid corrupting the save?

Edit: Wait, you said rate. Could I also lower the world danger by modding it like you've mentioned?
I use Cheat Engine to modify values in the game. It can modify world danger too.

FluffyMephit

Mar 13, 2021
I use Cheat Engine to modify values in the game. It can modify world danger too.
Ironically, Cheat Engine is the least efficient and most obnoxious way to change thing in this game- since 95% of the source code for the game is at your fingertips. You can modify it at will.

levdanig

Oct 19, 2017
Anyone know anymore games like this? Politically incorrect, no-fucks-given types of games that still have a good artstyle and story. The only types I can think of are Crotch's games, but his are all scat so most people don't have that fetish.

I need more games like this, they're funny.

Reactions: toplaygames

imetus

Aug 29, 2017
After a hour into a playthrough, Lona's image froze after using intimidate and now won't change pose at all (clothing still changes). I've tried searching this thread but can't seem to find anything, probably using the wrong key words. Any way to fix this issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wuzere

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
After a hour into a playthrough, Lona's image froze after using intimidate and now won't change pose at all (clothing still changes). I've tried searching this thread but can't seem to find anything, probably using the wrong key words. Any way to fix this issue?
If it's the very latest version that just came out today on itch.io, it's likely a new bug

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
So eccma is unhappy with Anon "anon file is kinda shit" and WorkUpload "workupload is kinda slow".
He's getting his own file server set up now.

imetus, which version are you playing?

• Wow
Reactions: YODSYODS

Malata

Apr 13, 2018
my savegame from 0.6.1 doesn work anymore..
is it normal.. I hate to begin from the start

Code:

■ Backtrace :
  (eval):525:in `+'
  (eval):525:in `draw_hotkey_icon'
  (eval):490:in `refresh_hotkey'
  (eval):228:in `refresh_numbers'
  (eval):157:in `refresh'
  (eval):149:in `initialize'
  (eval):27:in `new'
  (eval):27:in `start'
  (eval):13:in `main'
  (eval):950:in `main'
  (eval):28:in `run'
  (eval):416:in `run'
  (eval):2253:in `run'
  (eval):456:in `run'
  (eval):10:in `block in load_script'
  :1:in `block in rgss_main'
  :1:in `loop'
  :1:in `rgss_main'
  (eval):8:in `load_script'
  "ScriptImport"(67):in `eval'
  "ScriptImport"(67):in `load_script'
  "FileGetter"(38):in `block in load_from_list'
  "FileGetter"(35):in `each'
  "FileGetter"(35):in `load_from_list'
  "FileGetter"(79):in `load_starter'
  "loadStarter"(5):in `<main>'
  ruby:in `eval'

Leon5265

Jul 14, 2021

Code:

■ Backtrace :
Old save from that version won't work anymore I think. You can use mine if you want.

svoss

Jan 17, 2018

Code:

■ Backtrace :
It is normal for old save not working in the newer version. Even if it work, you won't get access to certain content like the dark cauldron.
When playing a newer version with an old savegame, you can update your savegame to the newer version by using rebirth. You will keep all items in bank and your level and skill points. This is better than start from scratch.

ProjectS001

Sep 12, 2020

Code:

■ Backtrace :
You can try a very scuffed method of reloading your save one version up every time and slowly updating it lol. You could use the rebirth method to update your save to the current version slowly. That way you keep most of your progress while gaining some rebirth points.

Aug 11, 2021
Lona RPG - Unofficial English Patch

Info:
This patch is for those who want the whole game in English and can stand some
edited MTL in places yet to be translated upstream. How is the poetry? It varies
from place to place but generally keeps a good quality and will make the plot and
story understandable.

I also find and correct things in the game like text not fitting in some areas, bugs
when the game code calls for the wrong text, and some other minor things.

There is a that can translate and allow you to edit your own text files but I
have yet to make it work on my computer. The godot stuff it runs on doesn't agree
with my system. I use google translate, a text editor, and an orthodox file manager.

Installation:
Extract/copy/drag the directory/folder: "ENG" and replace the one found in:
"Drive:\MaybeAFolder\LonaRPG\Text\" with it. That is all.

Currently available releases:

(Since 0.7.4.X is laggy as hell and have taken all the joy out of playing this Great game; here is a link to 0.7.3.0)

Last edited:

Azrail26232

Jan 15, 2019
What is best way to earn money and leveling up early on as tough Lona?
10 SUR is super useful, get it asap.
Try:
-Probably your earliest bet is completing repeatable quests. The 20 skeletons in the graveyard gives a small bit of coins and exp and can be done every day or two. Pick up either the indiana jones follower with a meat soup bought in the tavern or cecily and gray rat if you've finished their quest to unlock them. Either can solo the quest for you.
-Exploring the plains and killing rabbits for meat. If you have 10 survival you can cook the meat in your dark pot with 1 wood club to make smoked meat that sells for 225+.
-Exploring the rainforest. Boars are a tough foe to kill but drop more meat than rabbits, there's also lots of fruit&veg that can be turned into dry meals with a wooden club in the dark pot at 10 SUR. You can also pick white dragon weeds which sell for 150+.
-Once you get the trait for wielding high quality weapons buy a longbow and start fighting in the arena. Most on the enemies can be twoshot with snipe and it's easy enough to kite and snipe from stealth. This gives 2 big copper coins per day if you win after waiting out the timer.

Seriously try and get your quests done as quickly as possible while world difficulty is low. Several give major cash rewards, and others unlock seriously useful bonuses like free companions; and finishing conona's questline gives you a free room at the noer tavern at day if you sleep with her, saving you a key and giving you a free, 100% safe rest spot that refills food and stamina.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Seriously try and get your quests done as quickly as possible while world difficulty is low. Several give major cash rewards, and others unlock seriously useful bonuses like free companions; and finishing conona's questline gives you a free room at the noer tavern at day if you sleep with her, saving you a key and giving you a free, 100% safe rest spot that refills food and stamina.
Well i would but i also want the achievements :p. Like in the first quest, "missing caravan". I wanted to save those captives but can't...too weak. So i figured i should get stronger first. What would happen if world difficulty get too high?

Azrail26232

Jan 15, 2019
Well i would but i also want the achievements :p. Like in the first quest, "missing caravan". I wanted to save those captives but can't...too weak. So i figured i should get stronger first. What would happen if world difficulty get too high?
Mostly that random encounters get harder, with more and tougher foes spawning. You can mitigate or even reverse this by using the preacher depending on how much of your time you spend walking around noer, but that is somewhat costly and I remember how hard getting a reliable income can be early on. Still worth keeping 5 big copper and 6 small copper on hand at all times in case it pops up though.

This could be a problem for you if you stall for too long on this quest, because the bandits encounter in noer can be pretty dangerous at high world danger. Once there's enough bandits they can make it difficult to escape the alleyway maps or even the streets.

You could always leave that achievement until you rebirth I guess? It's tricky because that one has the entire Cecily questline locked behind it, so you're missing out on a lot of bonuses there that could make your early game much smoother. Just the first cecily quest gives you 1 gold, enough to completely kit you out with a couple of high quality weapon sets, plus access to the duo as a free companion.

The other thing you could try is hiring two companions (probably either Indiana&addict or Merc warrior&Merc archer) that will work together and trying to see if they can force you through the quest.

What specifically are you struggling with on the quest? I'll admit that I didn't even bother to rescue the captives, but I've managed to get a tough Lona to level 55 so maybe I can help? If I remember correctly the orkind sound the alarm pretty quickly once they notice you so I'm guessing a full stealth run is difficult to pull off if you're trying to save the captives?

If you've hit level 15 then definitely get weapon expert. Saber and iron shield is a massive QOL improvement over their regular counterparts and can be used to solo almost any enemy in the game with good block timing. Longbow is the bread-and-butter for stealthy tough Lona; snipe can oneshot some goblins out of the gate, and twoshot most regular enemies that don't have the defensive benefit of a shield. It can also be used from stealth at range with throw rock to lure enemies and keep them in place.

Traps are another thing that could help you that you can get at level 15. They don't deal huge damage without heavier items than rocks or major SUR investment, but they don't alert enemies when they're damaged by them, so you can place them on patrol paths or use throw rock to lure enemies over them, killing them with multiple traps without alerting them. You might be able to lure the enemies by the captives over some to slowly kill them in this fashion.

Reactions: Avron64 and sonhot

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Mostly that random encounters get harder, with more and tougher foes spawning. You can mitigate or even reverse this by using the preacher depending on how much of your time you spend walking around noer, but that is somewhat costly and I remember how hard getting a reliable income can be early on. Still worth keeping 5 big copper and 6 small copper on hand at all times in case it pops up though.

This could be a problem for you if you stall for too long on this quest, because the bandits encounter in noer can be pretty dangerous at high world danger. Once there's enough bandits they can make it difficult to escape the alleyway maps or even the streets.

You could always leave that achievement until you rebirth I guess? It's tricky because that one has the entire Cecily questline locked behind it, so you're missing out on a lot of bonuses there that could make your early game much smoother. Just the first cecily quest gives you 1 gold, enough to completely kit you out with a couple of high quality weapon sets, plus access to the duo as a free companion.

The other thing you could try is hiring two companions (probably either Indiana&addict or Merc warrior&Merc archer) that will work together and trying to see if they can force you through the quest.

What specifically are you struggling with on the quest? I'll admit that I didn't even bother to rescue the captives, but I've managed to get a tough Lona to level 55 so maybe I can help? If I remember correctly the orkind sound the alarm pretty quickly once they notice you so I'm guessing a full stealth run is difficult to pull off if you're trying to save the captives?

If you've hit level 15 then definitely get weapon expert. Saber and iron shield is a massive QOL improvement over their regular counterparts and can be used to solo almost any enemy in the game with good block timing. Longbow is the bread-and-butter for stealthy tough Lona; snipe can oneshot some goblins out of the gate, and twoshot most regular enemies that don't have the defensive benefit of a shield. It can also be used from stealth at range with throw rock to lure enemies and keep them in place.

Traps are another thing that could help you that you can get at level 15. They don't deal huge damage without heavier items than rocks or major SUR investment, but they don't alert enemies when they're damaged by them, so you can place them on patrol paths or use throw rock to lure enemies over them, killing them with multiple traps without alerting them. You might be able to lure the enemies by the captives over some to slowly kill them in this fashion.
Yup stealth seems like a bad idea. I even tried to set up the bomb then threw some rocks but those goblins fucking the captives were busy they didnt care enough to come investigate.
I think i'll wait till lv 15 then hire some guys with me to brute force this.

I imagined that sneaking around is intended for timid and hiding behind companions is for nympho so by choosing the tough personality my Lona would be a badass close combat warrior slaying goblins by herself...guess not then at least not now :LOL:.
Is rebirth the newgame plus of this game?

4.10 star(s) 179 Votes