Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
I think you can go to the church then go to the left room and theres a dude behind a counter. I think he serves the same purpose.
That is for morality, for world danger you have to proc preacher event no matter what.
It's pretty disappointing that the whip adventurer can't even beat a spear bandit 1v1.
He's only strong againt low stamina opponent like Lona or the undead (he can't even win againt shield skeletons though)
Tbf spears are OP in enemy hands, they're like twice as fast as any other weapon for some reason.
Realistiscally speaking, same spear if wielded by a smol girl vs a grown ass guy will have a difference in speed and velocity. A fair example would be pike vs short spear, pike almost never win. so yeah, Lona is indeed using a spear too long for her to handle.

TheGodEmpress

Feb 25, 2021
That is for morality, for world danger you have to proc preacher event no matter what.

He's only strong againt low stamina opponent like Lona or the undead (he can't even win againt shield skeletons though)

Realistiscally speaking, same spear if wielded by a smol girl vs a grown ass guy will have a difference in speed and velocity. A fair example would be pike vs short spear, pike almost never win. so yeah, Lona is indeed using a spear too long for her to handle.
Oh! My bad!

Ruras

Sep 16, 2018
Yeah, but I was talking about NPCs, not Lona (although a dagger should probably be faster than a spear even in Lona's hands). As far as I've seen, spear NPCs are the fastest attacking motherfuckers of them all, they can easily stunlock you if you don't have a shied to break their streaks. That's why you bet on Kin Greenskin at the arena: spear goblin is only marginally weaker than The Deep and comes with an archer companion, for a much higher return. If they lose it's usually because they start to fuck downed people lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Chosen Sloth

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Yeah, but I was talking about NPCs, not Lona (although a dagger should probably be faster than a spear even in Lona's hands). As far as I've seen, spear NPCs are the fastest attacking motherfuckers of them all, they can easily stunlock you if you don't have a shied to break their streaks. That's why you bet on Kin Greenskin at the arena: spear goblin is only marginally weaker than The Deep and comes with an archer companion, for a much higher return. If they lose it's usually because they start to fuck downed people lol.
It's.... quite biased view since almost every bandits use spears/mancatchers, the fact is, they're not that much faster than goblins or deepones attack. I'm not lying, try to corner a goblin and you will experience what fast attack means (any goblins , but not shield goblins since his combat AI is different). Almost all HQ weapons attack very slowly save for dagger (yes, even the whip is lower than low quality weapons)

Of course, there's also the matter of rougly 1/10 chance of encountering enraged variant of a same enemy type that attack 5 times/second (they don't look different than normal one)

Reactions: CaiNanE

Ruras

Sep 16, 2018
It's.... quite biased view since almost every bandits use spears/mancatchers,
True, I'd say in fact that spear users being so common represents like a good 80% of the game's difficulty for me, speaking of combat at least.

the fact is, they're not that much faster than goblins or deepones attack. I'm not lying, try to corner a goblin and you will experience what fast attack means (any goblins , but not shield goblins since his combat AI is different). Almost all HQ weapons attack very slowly save for dagger (yes, even the whip is lower than low quality weapons)

Of course, there's also the matter of rougly 1/10 chance of encountering enraged variant of a same enemy type that attack 5 times/second (they don't look different than normal one)
Guess I'll try next time. But from my experience, among the enemies I've encountered so far, spear users are the only ones capable to reliably outpace my heavy dagger spam. Not sure if it's just a matter of weapon stats, might be something related to their AI, exactly like the shield users you mentioned who keep guarding at random.

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
Damn, so
You can smoke mutant flesh for a nice sale price of about 85p per unit.
But if you add 1 human flesh to the pot, you get "Smoked Meat" which is cheaper than real smoked meat, but still worth like 180pper unit.
Cleaning the mines is a HUGE moneymaker with Dark Cauldron.

Reactions: bucefala

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Damn, so
You can smoke mutant flesh for a nice sale price of about 85p per unit.
But if you add 1 human flesh to the pot, you get "Smoked Meat" which is cheaper than real smoked meat, but still worth like 180pper unit.
Cleaning the mines is a HUGE moneymaker with Dark Cauldron.
With all that is happening in Noer, I think they want to eat some shit to forget everything.In some way you can make drugs too with the cauldron.

By the way this is not a thread, this is a chat.

Reactions: Hentaibrowser

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Chance for this game to use less resources and stop my toaster from going on BSOD every few minutes into it?
I think you have other problems. My phone is three times as powerful as this computer and lona runs fine on it. Sounds more like missing deps or drivers.

sprayduster

Jun 25, 2017
as far as I can tell from what i'm reading, in the eyes of Eccma, it's already been finished he's just been adding extra content. So not really "abandoned" more like, fully completed.
I suppose in a sense Lona is kinda complete, it has an ending where she leaves the island.

However, i don't feel like the game is 80% complete like Eccma said. There are so many loose ends on plot points.

Perhaps he means that he's implemented all the mechanics he wants and the rest is just implementing story so it's quicker hence 80% work done.

Or it could be that the game will just end with those loose ends for a sequel.

Ruras

Sep 16, 2018
Perhaps he means that he's implemented all the mechanics he wants and the rest is just implementing story so it's quicker hence 80% work done.
Probably that. I'm no dev but I'd imagine assets and systems occupy a good 60% of the workload for a game like this. With that in mind, the remaining 20% could easily mean doubling the count of quests, events and other smaller things.

4.10 star(s) 181 Votes