alasad

Jun 13, 2017
Is there a way to reset skill points? Because I fucked up completely. I got that skill that increases your ATK when depressed but decreases it when happy. But I also choose that skills that increases mood when naked. Now I'm basically permanently happy and thus my ATK is like 0-3. Almost impossible to kill anything. Basically unplayable lol

So is there a way to reset skill points?? I kinda don't want to start to over because I'm nearing 8 hour mark

Tyyyr

Feb 3, 2021
Is there a way to reset skill points? Because I fucked up completely. I got that skill that increases your ATK when depressed but decreases it when happy. But I also choose that skills that increases mood when naked. Now I'm basically permanently happy and thus my ATK is like 0-3. Almost impossible to kill anything. Basically unplayable lol

So is there a way to reset skill points?? I kinda don't want to start to over because I'm nearing 8 hour mark
The only way to 'reset' skills is to rebirth:
Birth a baby. Either keep it in your inventory or give it to the nun. Put all your other items in the bank and die.
After the death you get the option to start as the race of your baby. You keep 75% (?) of your exp and all items in the bank.

Reactions: alasad

alasad

Jun 13, 2017
The only way to 'reset' skills is to rebirth:
Birth a baby. Either keep it in your inventory or give it to the nun. Put all your other items in the bank and die.
After the death you get the option to start as the race of your baby. You keep 75% (?) of your exp and all items in the bank.
i have never done that. I fucked hundreds of times but never got pregnant I think lol.
Is there no better way? console command or change some text file or something? I just want to get rid of these 2 skills. I would restart but as I said I'm already 8 hours in and I don't feel like replaying that much

alasad

Jun 13, 2017
Use this command.
$game_player.actor.remove_state(TraitNumber)

Trait number refer to guide.
yooo thanks! This is very helpful! I can use this for other things as well!

However, it doesn't help me with my current problem. Because, of course, that ONE skill I need to get rid of is not in that list haha. I need to get rid of Pessimist

Reactions: Leon5265

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I hate that when you're skipping, you can accidentally trigger a choice. Where's my RenPy-esque rollback option?
Just having a key that advances without selecting a choice would be ace.
It's in countless Ren'py games. This game was made to be difficult and make you live with the mistakes you make that were born of an unwillingness to read or let go of the skip button from time to time.

"Where is my function X when countless games that use a different engine already do?!?1?1"
/s
Ren'Py does not use Ruby. RPGMaker does. It's possible but as they use different code structs it won't be as easy as you might think.
Even if it were, I believe it would have to be in the realm of mods.
Eccma is not one known to take snide remarks with grace and poise.

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
This game was made to be difficult and make you live with the mistakes you make that were born of an unwillingness to read or let go of the skip button from time to time.
I'm sorry, but under no circumstances does "fighting with the UI/UX of the game" count as difficulty that can be enjoyed. I don't disagree with the rest of your reply but that bit is bullshit and you know it.

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
Just found this game and I'm not sure if its just me being still starting but combat in this game feels really bad. Enemies just zoom all over the place and before you can catch up and land a hit, they already fucked off to who knows where. Also, I saved this random lady who gave me an Aqua Staff that can be sold for about 4k tp and I'm not sure if I should keep it or sell. also found a relic of guardian as well which looks useless.

jack_px

Oct 21, 2016
Just found this game and I'm not sure if its just me being still starting but combat in this game feels really bad. Enemies just zoom all over the place and before you can catch up and land a hit, they already fucked off to who knows where. Also, I saved this random lady who gave me an Aqua Staff that can be sold for about 4k tp and I'm not sure if I should keep it or sell. also found a relic of guardian as well which looks useless.
for using magic items or relic items you need first to unlock the respective trait

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
Just found this game and I'm not sure if its just me being still starting but combat in this game feels really bad.
The combat isn't bad, just very difficult. Lona is a malnourished war orphan, she isn't going to be taking down anything tougher than starved refugees, rats and the odd lone goblin on her own without good equipment and a lot of training (levels). The game actually encourages you strongly to avoid combat, rewards for defeating enemies are lousy, little xp and next to no decent loot, and even if you fight perfectly you'll still be spending a good deal of stamina that could be better spent doing almost literally anything else.

horribleaura

Dec 8, 2018
I hate that when you're skipping, you can accidentally trigger a choice. Where's my RenPy-esque rollback option?
Just having a key that advances without selecting a choice would be ace.
Hold down control to advance dialogue quickly without selecting a choice. Someday there will be an instruction manual.

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
The combat isn't bad, just very difficult. Lona is a malnourished war orphan, she isn't going to be taking down anything tougher than starved refugees, rats and the odd lone goblin on her own without good equipment and a lot of training (levels). The game actually encourages you strongly to avoid combat, rewards for defeating enemies are lousy, little xp and next to no decent loot, and even if you fight perfectly you'll still be spending a good deal of stamina that could be better spent doing almost literally anything else.
Ah, that makes a lot more sense and also definitely intended in the setting the dev's making. Also, I didn't realize I was getting shit xp from fights since it never told me how much xp each kill was unless I go check it myself. Still, I do have some gripes with enemy moving around way too fast, too frequently. And letting your companion fight is the way to make fights more fair as they also have access to the movement and also good tracking on the enemy. But, I can live with it.

Side note, needing 10 points in survival just to cook better food is insane when you only get 1 point per level. Same for scout. They better be worth it.

Leon5265

Jul 14, 2021
Ah, that makes a lot more sense and also definitely intended in the setting the dev's making. Also, I didn't realize I was getting shit xp from fights since it never told me how much xp each kill was unless I go check it myself. Still, I do have some gripes with enemy moving around way too fast, too frequently. And letting your companion fight is the way to make fights more fair as they also have access to the movement and also good tracking on the enemy. But, I can live with it.

Side note, needing 10 points in survival just to cook better food is insane when you only get 1 point per level. Same for scout. They better be worth it.
Cooking better food is necessary for Hell and doom difficulty. Otherwise, make good soup is enough (1 vegetable + 1 raw meat/fish). Minimum scout of 3 or 5 is pretty much necessary to use hide skill (ctrl button) especially when Lona is melee combatant.

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
Cooking better food is necessary for Hell and doom difficulty. Otherwise, make good soup is enough (1 vegetable + 1 raw meat/fish). Minimum scout of 3 or 5 is pretty much necessary to use hide skill (ctrl button) especially when Lona is melee combatant.
oh okay that make sense. For the scout thing, the tutorial gives you enough points to invest it all into scout to gain access to sneak so I just did it.

Thinking more on the traits, I wonder if the reason scout and survival have those level 10 requirement to unlock certain skills is because its the dev's way of quietly pushing you to get those and focus more on the survival aspect rather than the fighting cause all raising attack does is... raise the attack stat. While scout and survival have all those other benefits with it. Game design

Tyyyr

Feb 3, 2021
oh okay that make sense. For the scout thing, the tutorial gives you enough points to invest it all into scout to gain access to sneak so I just did it.

Thinking more on the traits, I wonder if the reason scout and survival have those level 10 requirement to unlock certain skills is because its the dev's way of quietly pushing you to get those and focus more on the survival aspect rather than the fighting cause all raising attack does is... raise the attack stat. While scout and survival have all those other benefits with it. Game design
It already got much more forgiving than in the past.
Cooking is no longer a skill you have to unlock and the stuff you can cook with 0 survival is all you really need on just hard difficulty (before soups would rot).

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
It already got much more forgiving than in the past.
Cooking is no longer a skill you have to unlock and the stuff you can cook with 0 survival is all you really need on just hard difficulty (before soups would rot).
That's pretty funny cause I went in expecting the soup to rot because of the other food options that are available.

By cooking skill do you mean the cauldron skill you use in the overworld? Most of the time I just cook at the bar so I don't spend wood. Still glad its gotten forgiving though. I'm not sure how long I'll last in older versions.

Tyyyr

Feb 3, 2021
That's pretty funny cause I went in expecting the soup to rot because of the other food options that are available.

By cooking skill do you mean the cauldron skill you use in the overworld? Most of the time I just cook at the bar so I don't spend wood. Still glad its gotten forgiving though. I'm not sure how long I'll last in older versions.
Yes, the cauldron skill had be unlocked at 10 (15? can't remember) survival.
Today survival on hard is a money stat. The soups are worthless to sell, but you can make some money selling the 10/20 survival food items (especially cheese can be a moneymaker). Also making your own potions can save a lot of money.

4.10 star(s) 181 Votes