FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
What's Elona never heard of it before can u maybe give me a link?

Elona: Is the original version made by Noa/

Elona+: Is the main mod that adds content, it expands the world by at least 3 times the original (last I checked).

Elona custom: Is an enhancement of Elona+, dunno exactly what all it changes but I think the translations are supposed to be better.

Basically you probably wanna go with custom (Or + if downloading right now, since I think custom has some bugs), though some people prefer to play the original Elona before the mods. You may not be able to transfer characters though since the mod is very different from the original at this point, can't remember if that's possible. Most discussions about the game will be Elona+ or custom at this point though since the original hasn't been worked on in over 10 years I think. Also there's a shit ton to learn about the game, so use the

If you like the game enough, it's the type of thing you could easily dump hundreds or even thousands of hours into. Lots of different playstyles possible and a lot to do. I think I've played it as much as I've played Skyrim. It is known for its grindiness as well, being a pretty typical JRPG in that way. It's also hella difficult, you're going to die and fuck up constantly even once you know what you're doing, kinda like LongRPG, though a lot of it is a more nonsensical or random deaths.

I remember I made nude sprites for it a long time ago, lol. Oh I should mention, sex is technically possible in Elona, but it's not really graphic. You go to bed with a character and can wake up to blood on the floor if you took their virginity. You could technically make a post for it on f95zone I guess because of that. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an adult mod out there somewhere, though I don't think it's made its way to the English version/audience yet. There are hookers too and I think you can prostitute yourself as well if I remember right. It's all implied sex though and nothing is graphic.

P.S: It's also high tier for memes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

More memes

More detailed info on version differences

Last edited:

ResanDochez

Apr 3, 2021
Does anyone know where i can get the SUR equip?

I already have the boots and the belt, in the game files I found png of the two parts that I am missing, that is, the middle and the top but I am not lucky enough that they come out in the chests

Are there places where they are more likely to come out or do all the chests have the same probability?

I was trying to get them in the chest of the bandit camp of the copper mine (the one that is more to the east of the whole map to the northeast of pirate bane)

jefxxxyxyz

Nov 10, 2018
i know. because the game was designed for a female protagonist, of course. i was saying, that the premise sounds cool. a hardcore, grim, roleplaying experience, with crazy elements, like re-incarnating as other creatures (in this case. ones you've birthed), that show it's open ended, and sandboxy nature. but, as i said. designed for male. or male&female mc's. as that is my preference.

reading the OP, and some comments. as i said. reminds me of "Elona". and I was saying i like those kinds of games.

i'll probably end up trying it anyway, at some point. but yeah. the game sounds great, honestly.

edit: i've had the game in my bookmarks for like a year+. for the reasons above. i'm just not a fan of playing as a female protagonist for a sex roleplaying game. as i like to immerse myself in a roleplaying experience(games with open ended gameplay, that allow you to play in a way you want, even with a set character). and it's easier, and more fun for me. to do, with male characters.
Why would you want to play a game as a submissive male character who is raped by men and male monsters?

brazilla

May 30, 2021
Have sex (consensually or not) with a Deep One
well, for reproduction, from what i tested, deepone still consider "fishkind", so juice a normal fishkind does has the same effect, both come out "fishkind semen", the chance of getting deepone baby still 50%
and for someone who already had deepone lona and still wanna continue as so, simply juice human at the ovulation day, transform to deepone b4 and sleep with a full stomach of human semen (the order is important else the lona race is consider human), 100% chance get a deepone baby

RenZReh

May 16, 2018
Okay, I've downloaded this game a couple of times but never got around to running it and this time I decided to check it out. This is what I got in the first minutes of the game.

jackymkc

Aug 7, 2021
Does anyone know where i can get the SUR equip?

I already have the boots and the belt, in the game files I found png of the two parts that I am missing, that is, the middle and the top but I am not lucky enough that they come out in the chests

Are there places where they are more likely to come out or do all the chests have the same probability?

I was trying to get them in the chest of the bandit camp of the copper mine (the one that is more to the east of the whole map to the northeast of pirate bane)
buy in fishtopia

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
Why would you want to play a game as a submissive male character who is raped by men and male monsters?
lol. well, there are certainly some would.

but, I was talking about the general gameplay, and "atmosphere". not the actual H content, or premise.

I'll put it like this. lets pretend diablo was a h game, purely about defeating and dominating demons, as a big brute of a male. it's still an arcadey hack'n'slash game. same gameplay as it has. but all demons are females. and you beat'em, and fuck'em.

I could love the general gameplay of Diablo, as millions of gamers, and developers clearly did! hence the "diablo clone" genre of hack'n'slash games.
but not like the premise. (big man, beat up and rape helpless, and defenseless women). maybe, i want to make a defeat fuck game, with a female protagonist? still got that hack'n'slash gameplay that everyone loved in H diablo. but now you are "rewarded" with a defeat scene for our heroine instead. or maybe have you impress the lovely ladies at the hub town with your awesome exploits as a means of pushing the H, or a dating sim type deal instead, with building affection.

In the end. it's the GAMEPLAY, and ATMOSPHERE. that would remain the same. only the Erotic gameplay, focus, and delivery. would be different.

thats what I was saying. the gameplay of this game, from what i can tell. sounds like the game "Elona". lots of cool secrets, and open ended style gameplay, where even important npcs can die off! but, with nicer graphics. and of course. being a H game. i'm just not a fan of female protagonist, defeat fuck games. it's not my thing.

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
I mean, any H game that could have the level of content/freedom of Elona+ would be absurdly amazing. That game from the original Elona release has been getting updates for almost 15 years now hasn't it with Elona+. There's really nothing H game wise that can compare to that. Even finding open world H games is difficult, there's really nothing with the same style. Another game that has that pseudo real time combat/action at least is Rogue Survivor, but that's a non H game. Also a survival game vs typical open world rpg.

Elona is probably always going to be a special gem. Feeling like you can do about anything you want, breaking the game in silly or overpowered ways, the detailed lore, goofy mechanics (Keeping a little girl as a pet, riding her as a mount, etc). I feel like it'd be hard to do something similar even if somebody had all the resources in the world at their disposal. It's just a really great combination of factors that's hard to replicate without being a clone. Really unique charm to it.

The original dev of Elona is working on a btw for anybody that didn't know. I still don't know exactly what type of game it will become, but I'm sure it'll have the same charm/humor as Elona at least.

Comparing this game to Elona is seriously apples and oranges anyways. LonaRPG is pretty unique on its own. Only thing it can really be compared to is like Violated Heroine. The atmosphere is something I've pretty much never seen in another game before.

sorry. i didn't see your post. but thank you! what would you say the gameplay like this game is more akin to? i haven't played violated heroine.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
sorry. i didn't see your post. but thank you! what would you say the gameplay like this game is more akin to? i haven't played violated heroine.
Sad thing is that Elona has been cancelled twice, the second time seeming permanent.
His new project sounds interesting and he's hoping to release a new demo sometime this month.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ashkun and ejmuerte

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Elona was cool when I played it but I got fed up with how grind-heavy it felt, the updates coming out tended to make grind worse too.
A lot of the mods have options to decrease the grind, I just installed the latest custom (at the top of reddit threads currently) and there's an option to reduce the grind during character creation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My only problem now is I can't get my nude mod to work, keeps causing errors even when I follow the guide on implementing custom sprites. Guh, maybe I'll look up somebody else's nude sprites, sure the JP board has some. Ah nvm, got it to work.

Action RPG instead of turn based mostly. LonaRPG has a pretty complex hotkey system too and isn't just simple attacks like some action rpgs. I haven't played VH in a long time, but I think it's a bit more basic when it comes to what actions you can perform.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 185 Votes