Hitman Kazama

Feb 9, 2018
Translation is required if the language doesn't already exist in the mod or the game.

A feat that the game itself can't really handle well for itself (due to dialog choices that don't work without the text)
in my case everything worked fine without the translation but you had to know what you play, as it comes out directly as if it were the command console, another game would explode directly, or others like stellaris would pick up and numbers would come out, by the way I added something else to the previous comment to see if I understand better what I mean by translating.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
i.e. MTL cannot translate anything that is not in Chinese in the original folder, it tries but only copies the same file without translating it.
I am aware of this already.

The mod translations are all google translated from English (being my native language), so there is no partial Chinese to translate which results in the tool having nothing to do apart from copying the existing files.

This is also why that in normal usage of the MTL tool some languages in the game have different translation durations, as each language has differing amounts of Chinese within that has yet to be translated.

martin202

May 7, 2021
in my case everything worked fine without the translation but you had to know what you play, as it comes out directly as if it were the command console, another game would explode directly, or others like stellaris would pick up and numbers would come out, by the way I added something else to the previous comment to see if I understand better what I mean by translating.

Sorry I don't understand much about mods and translations, but I understand that the error is that I want to start the game and the mod fails as it is not translated, explain to me how to fix it.

It's just that the game is interesting and I want to understand it but it's very difficult and without the help of the mod I won't be able to pass it, hahaha.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Sorry I don't understand much about mods and translations, but I understand that the error is that I want to start the game and the mod fails as it is not translated, explain to me how to fix it.

It's just that the game is interesting and I want to understand it but it's very difficult and without the help of the mod I won't be able to pass it, hahaha.
I've already explained how to fix it, I've even added it as a known issue to the mod post. The mod should still work without any translation data (I tested this when I added the translation support, everything worked as expected [but with the text block paths in place of the missing text])

The mod is translated, but not for MTL, that requires further steps on the users part which have already been explained.

Reactions: Hitman Kazama

Hitman Kazama

Feb 9, 2018

I think you have misunderstood our comments, the mod doesn't fail, it works, but when you open it only code comes out, what you would normally put for example:
add.coins. 200/ is example, the code does not exist as I put it
the mod works but without descriptions because the game doesn't find the MTL folder inside the mod text folder, just create one and copy your language inside it from for example the ENG folder, it won't pop the warning and it will load the text with its description etc.
to sum it up, if the game doesn't detect the folder for example ENG inside text in the mod folder it warns you, when you open the mod menu without the translation you will get the raw text which would be for example add.coins 200

Reactions: Kenny567

Hitman Kazama

Feb 9, 2018
I am aware of this already.

The mod translations are all google translated from English (being my native language), so there is no partial Chinese to translate which results in the tool having nothing to do apart from copying the existing files.

This is also why that in normal usage of the MTL tool some languages in the game have different translation durations, as each language has differing amounts of Chinese within that has yet to be translated.
in my case there is a bug that will never allow to translate to spanish whatever you do, I already reported it to the creator, the tool is there to translate the texts to your missing idiot, because the creator has added, let's say, a city but it's all in chinese, it's faster than if someone has to translate it by hand.

martin202

May 7, 2021
I think you have misunderstood our comments, the mod doesn't fail, it works, but when you open it only code comes out, what you would normally put for example:
the mod works but without descriptions because the game doesn't find the MTL folder inside the mod text folder, just create one and copy your language inside it from for example the ENG folder, it won't pop the warning and it will load the text with its description etc.
to sum it up, if the game doesn't detect the folder for example ENG inside text in the mod folder it warns you, when you open the mod menu without the translation you will get the raw text which would be for example add.coins 200
I was able to make it work, I went to the text folder of the mod and changed the name of my language to MTL so that it would pass as the translation, making the translator and the mod work together. thanks for the help

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I was able to make it work, I went to the text folder of the mod and changed the name of my language to MTL so that it would pass as the translation, making the translator and the mod work together. thanks for the help
It should be a copy of the language that gets renamed to MTL, otherwise that language is now broken if you switch to it ingame from MTL (which would happen if the official translation for the game gets updated and fully translated)

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Should also be noted that the game itself also behaves this way, but without the warning and breaks far more catastrophically as there are dialog choices where if the text is missing (or in an incorrect format or a malformed text block) they do not function.

Since the mod doesn't have any of these, it still functions correctly without the text.

Hitman Kazama

Feb 9, 2018
Should also be noted that the game itself also behaves this way, but without the warning and breaks far more catastrophically as there are dialog choices where if the text is missing they do not function.

Since the mod doesn't have any of these, it still functions correctly without the text.
true, but I mean the mod not the game, the same with the examples, for example homeworld 2 on steam, has problems with the text formatting of the original mods that makes the numbers come out because it does not find the text even if it is there.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
true, but I mean the mod not the game, the same with the examples, for example homeworld 2 on steam, has problems with the text formatting of the original mods that makes the numbers come out because it does not find the text even if it is there.
I was just emphasising the difference between how the game handles missing text and how the mod handles missing text. They both use completely different methods of retrieving the translation data, so one fails in a game-breaking manner while the other just works.

Coomer4571

Aug 19, 2017
is there any extra content that you can have by being of another race?

Well you get some new race apecific skills like how the fish people can treanform you into a siren while being an abomination baby lets you use some wacky abomination spells and even cannibalize people but your body is weaker if you are an abomination

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
You should be able to create a new game with a different race if you unlocked it in the main game, I say this so you can experience which race is the most op or just because you like it better.

Also, I wonder when they will add a goblin like reborn, it would be crazy to be the goblin spawner and lead them to conquest xDDD

But I understand a problem because the mermaid and abomination can mix with humans, whereas a goblin reborn wouldn't have this advantage unless they justify it in some way.

In such a case, the game would have to have a different start with different missions, as well as a different ending, which poses a lot of work for the developer.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
You should be able to create a new game with a different race if you unlocked it in the main game, I say this so you can experience which race is the most op or just because you like it better.

Also, I wonder when they will add a goblin like reborn, it would be crazy to be the goblin spawner and lead them to conquest xDDD

But I understand a problem because the mermaid and abomination can mix with humans, whereas a goblin reborn wouldn't have this advantage unless they justify it in some way.

In such a case, the game would have to have a different start with different missions, as well as a different ending, which poses a lot of work for the developer.
I could sworn reading somewhere that mentioned that the Mixed-Race (Moot) resulted from breeding between Orkinds and other races... or maybe I'm delusional... o_O:unsure: I don't play enough to know for sure either way. If I'm delusional and wrong... so be it.

Scud74

Oct 12, 2017
Little question here guys. Do you know how I can make a character inmortal? I want my female companion to be raped during combat but not diying.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes