bucefala

Sep 1, 2020
It's actually the low difficulty (HARD) that makes the Succubus run a breeze. There's actually lotsa stuffs that are made pretty easy in HARD mode compared to higher difficulties, like food/ingredient not spoiling, breastmilk never spilling out when it becomes full, etc etc. I'm not really sure if things have changed since the last time I played during v0.8 of the game, but try to raise the difficulty to HELL or DOOM and you'll notice that the ennemies will start attacking you once one sees that you killed its pal through juicing, and in DOOM mode, once an enemy sees you as a threat, it will always see you as a threat, even if you clear the aggro that made you be seen as such, until you exit the map. Also there's some unique ennemy AI reaction in DOOM mode where, for example, in that place where the goblins are having an orgy with the prisoners, if you so much as alert one of them, all of the goblins group will start killing the prisoners instead of fucking them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thats actually really cool and interesting. Really makes trying the harder difficulties more worthwhile. Too bad we arent told that in game. Didnt play much of doom mode because the ai made an ironmode plathrough maddening, so random and unpredictible when you cant reload a save for important story missions.

Areskrator

May 14, 2018
The effect of the new selected difficulty should get in place right away.
Alright, just tried the same mission with the same build in HELL difficulty and you would be right, Juicing in HELL draws aggro from enemies upon witnessing a kill! Though I still found the mission a cakewalk tbh, did it naked the entire time and, though I did have a bit of a close call from attempting the gangbang method again, I was smooth sailing the entire time. Didn't really use much potions either aside from a few blues and most of my reds (though mostly for SPD and to not see my Lona too beat up)

Reactions: bucefala

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
Alright, just tried the same mission with the same build in HELL difficulty and you would be right, Juicing in HELL draws aggro from enemies upon witnessing a kill! Though I still found the mission a cakewalk tbh, did it naked the entire time and, though I did have a bit of a close call from attempting the gangbang method again, I was smooth sailing the entire time. Didn't really use much potions either aside from a few blues and most of my reds (though mostly for SPD and to not see my Lona too beat up)
Good to hear. That mission isn't exactly all that difficult since it mainly involves scouting for surviving people and then get out of the map. As much as Succubus build can be a force to be reckoned with in its own merit, there's certain content that this build can't do unless you use a bomb, like

Reactions: Areskrator

Areskrator

May 14, 2018
Good to hear. That mission isn't exactly all that difficult since it mainly involves scouting for surviving people and then get out of the map. As much as Succubus build can be a force to be reckoned with in its own merit, there's certain content that this build can't do unless you use a bomb, like
Aaaaand I've finished it again without much issue.
It's a little more tedious and I do like the challenge of being unable to open the menu whilst fighting (really makes planning ahead or having Blue and Red Pots on hand paramount!), but I didn't find it anymore difficult than if you were in HARD mode aside from enemies being disillusioned a little faster.

That said, yeahhhh, not saying Succubus Lona is the end all be all- I'd be fucked if it were against the
. Of course, getting outnumbered and cornered is always a bad time.
But is it borderline unplayable, or one of the most difficult builds to play? Nah.

Note: When I say "finished," I mean "killed/juiced everything"

Reactions: RLJFZ

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
Aaaaand I've finished it again without much issue.
It's a little more tedious and I do like the challenge of being unable to open the menu whilst fighting (really makes planning ahead or having Blue and Red Pots on hand paramount!), but I didn't find it anymore difficult than if you were in HARD mode aside from enemies being disillusioned a little faster.

That said, yeahhhh, not saying Succubus Lona is the end all be all- I'd be fucked if it were against the
. Of course, getting outnumbered and cornered is always a bad time.
But is it borderline unplayable, or one of the most difficult builds to play? Nah.

Note: When I say "finished," I mean "killed/juiced everything"
If you love challenge, I recommend downloading a mod called SURVIVAL mod. This mod pushes your thinking limit to the extreme and tests your knowledge of the entire game, the mod maker even suggest that you play this mod ONLY if you're familiar enough with the game's mechanics. So give it a try when you can.

Reactions: Areskrator

bucefala

Sep 1, 2020
I mean, that mission is extremelly early game, and you have extremelly late game build. Stealth missions against humans and fishmen are way more difficult, they alert very quickly, in some they alert immediatly, you can just use mines to trim their numbers, like in broadblade gang Cecily mission. They give the alert instantenously.

Areskrator

May 14, 2018
I mean, that mission is extremelly early game, and you have extremelly late game build. Stealth missions against humans and fishmen are way more difficult, they alert very quickly, in some they alert immediatly, you can just use mines to trim their numbers, like in broadblade gang Cecily mission. They give the alert instantenously.
In that mission in particular, I started it after alerting everyone.
I've already mentioned that I had done so in Cecily's missions and find them just as easy, though the second-to-the-last mission is the hardest due to it being in a semi-closed space.
I've done the same in the
and the
as well as some water caves, still don't find them difficult; alot more easier due to it being fairly open-spaced, with the only issue being overwhelmed by attracting too many Deep Ones.
Again, I always went in, alerted everyone, fucked everyone to death, and then went away.

On another note, considering whether to go Survival Mod first, or Roleplay S cuz... it kewl

bKohime2

Nov 2, 2018
On another note, considering whether to go Survival Mod first, or Roleplay S cuz... it kewl
I'm checking out Roleplay S as it's updated to the current version now and so far it's fascinating. There are some new traits that seem highly specialized (and probably ridiculously broken, though with high requirements and some heavy penalties), some gimmick traits like the one that prevents you from equipping weapons but gives you some new skills and a hefty ATK bonus, or the one that locks you out from every other trait but gives you 2 trait points per level (there seems to be some new non-high quality weapons to help that out, like the shortbow which is like just a worse longbow).

But the most interesting thing I've noticed so far is how they rebalanced XP gain. XP from quests have been nerfed (my usual starting routine of 2 crystal cave cleanup with the deep one artillery and then repairing it brought me only to 10 while in vanilla it's enough to boost me to 15 immediately), but killing enemies are actually giving you XP now, with tougher enemies giving more. So far looks like this might make leveling more gradual and might allow one to level lategame organically, instead of you being able to skyrocket to around 25-30ish, after which you're forced to spam masturbate/prisoner rescue to get a decent amount of XP.

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
I'm checking out Roleplay S as it's updated to the current version now and so far it's fascinating. There are some new traits that seem highly specialized (and probably ridiculously broken, though with high requirements and some heavy penalties), some gimmick traits like the one that prevents you from equipping weapons but gives you some new skills and a hefty ATK bonus, or the one that locks you out from every other trait but gives you 2 trait points per level (there seems to be some new non-high quality weapons to help that out, like the shortbow which is like just a worse longbow).

But the most interesting thing I've noticed so far is how they rebalanced XP gain. XP from quests have been nerfed (my usual starting routine of 2 crystal cave cleanup with the deep one artillery and then repairing it brought me only to 10 while in vanilla it's enough to boost me to 15 immediately), but killing enemies are actually giving you XP now, with tougher enemies giving more. So far looks like this might make leveling more gradual and might allow one to level lategame organically, instead of you being able to skyrocket to around 25-30ish, after which you're forced to spam masturbate/prisoner rescue to get a decent amount of XP.
I've briefly checked the new update of that roleplay mod and how it handles the XP system. It's certainly fairly balanced and makes leveling less mind-numbing mid to endgame. Also you don't need to kill the ennemy yourself to gain XP, I'm not sure if it's an intended mechanics but I've had multiple NPCs of various kind fight each other and Lona still gained XP even though she's not the one doing the killing lol. Still testing to see how far this new leveling system goes.

Areskrator

May 14, 2018

Radical! Perfect for a genocidal maniac like me!
Am mostly interested in the Fist Fighter Trait since it allows Lona to beat the shit out of people via pugilism. I mostly think the ATK Bonus is to make up for the inability to use Weapons, which primarily for the ATK Bonus (and Skills of course) imo. Hopefully it'll be more than just that!!

I was a few minutes ago old when I figured out there's a way to select an entire stack via Shift+Z, I love it already lmao

4.10 star(s) 190 Votes