4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Iblis2150

Sep 14, 2017
I'm one of those artists lol, I figured it'd be easier to embrace AI and blend it with my own work than try to fight it. I feel like eventually I'll find a nice balance between artistic expression and automation of the tedious parts of drawing.
I wish a lot more artists had that kind of mindset. In the end AI is just another tool and it's tiring that people are always scared and angry at new things.
Lots of people complained about Photoshop and similar software too, when it was new.
Hell, even the printing press was an "evil" invention, because it made people who made handwritten copies of books obsolete.

Anyways, I hope you keep your optimistic mindset and have good success with your projects :)

CozyKeeper

Game Developer
May 12, 2023
I wish a lot more artists had that kind of mindset. In the end AI is just another tool and it's tiring that people are always scared and angry at new things.
Lots of people complained about Photoshop and similar software too, when it was new.
Hell, even the printing press was an "evil" invention, because it made people who made handwritten copies of books obsolete.

Anyways, I hope you keep your optimistic mindset and have good success with your projects :)

Thanks, and yeah the anti-AI stuff can get kinda exhausting but it's definitely getting better.

Reactions: SenMizeri

Anofun

Mar 22, 2021
Out of curiosity, have you trained a Lora on her or anything like that, or do you literally sketch every pose etc?

CozyKeeper

Game Developer
May 12, 2023
Out of curiosity, have you trained a Lora on her or anything like that, or do you literally sketch every pose etc?
No loras for the character or anything. A simple sketch and the right colours can do a lot.

What I've found works best is to put the sketch in control-net and then use the colours as the img2img source. That way it follows my lines even at a high denoising level.

Anofun

Mar 22, 2021
No loras for the character or anything. A simple sketch and the right colours can do a lot.

What I've found works best is to put the sketch in control-net and then use the colours as the img2img source. That way it follows my lines even at a high denoising level.
Damn, it's great seeing artists putting new tech to such good use! Really enjoyed the VN, ty :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: CozyKeeper

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I feel like eventually I'll find a nice balance between artistic expression and automation of the tedious parts of drawing.
Honestly, in that regard I don't see that as such a bad thing for creators. It means more and faster updates for some and for the ones who can't draw for shit but can write a good story, maybe it can help them in some way. (Obviously hiring an artist would be the way to go but I can imagine some people being a little embarrassed to being commissioning artwork for more ... "lewd" games.)

Anofun

Mar 22, 2021
Honestly, in that regard I don't see that as such a bad thing for creators. It means more and faster updates for some and for the ones who can't draw for shit but can write a good story, maybe it can help them in some way. (Obviously hiring an artist would be the way to go but I can imagine some people being a little embarrassed to being commissioning artwork for more ... "lewd" games.)
You could do something like use AI art to sketch out the game, and once you are confident, you can commision an artist to make it all consistent. You can deliver your vision of the game better this way too

Reactions: allanl9020142

CozyKeeper

Game Developer
May 12, 2023
You could do something like use AI art to sketch out the game, and once you are confident, you can commision an artist to make it all consistent. You can deliver your vision of the game better this way too

That's also a really good use of ai for artists, you can use it to generate an image and then trace over it yourself. I used to do that with daz3d renders.

SigryUnderwear6

Jul 21, 2020
As an hobbyist artist myself, i also think the anti-ai doomer shit can get pretty tiring and i have to admit i've fallen for that fearmongering in the past myself. But i think it's good to keep in mind there absolutely ARE a lot of jerks that absolutely insist on antagonizing artists and genuinely do want AI to be a replacement, i've seen some people coming up with the cute idea of buying a cheap sketch from an artist and then have an AI turn it into a full piece, just so they can avoid paying for the full price.

But yeah AI does seem like an amazing tool, im just too stupid to learn to use it so i'll probably wait for it to be more accesible lol Midjourney looks like the best one but it seems like such a hassle to use.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
it's kind of a messy workflow but I basically do a quick sketch with all the key elements, run it through ai to bring it to life and then spend a little while touching it up so everything is consistent and nice.
Bring it to life? So you use the methods to animate the AI by sequence, or do you mean that you just let it render a still, which isn't bringing anything to life?

The problem with ai cg games is that ... they usually lack any kind of animation, which is a MUST in a modern adult game.

Reactions: standbygames

Yaros

Jun 11, 2018

I mean AI dudes really gave it all to make artists see AI as evil at the start. Cause when the tech appeared everybody went apemode and started bulliyng artists. A lot of platforms also seemed to be more interested in getting hype rather than helping artists. Also there are still issues with how legal AI art

Personally as an artist, I think that AI has to be heavily regulated and kept under control, AI has a lot of uses and can speed up a lot of processes, but if uncontrolled there is always a chance, that media gets filled with "all the same 0 personality" content and decent author just won't be able to be seen in that dumspter cos you can't compete with AI in amount of work produced

Reactions: Banshee96

frepyou

Aug 4, 2018
how come i can never get girls like this *or any girl for that matter* to go with me on hikes lol

Croiza

Oct 5, 2019
I'm one of those artists lol, I figured it'd be easier to embrace AI and blend it with my own work than try to fight it. I feel like eventually I'll find a nice balance between artistic expression and automation of the tedious parts of drawing.

It's not but I can see the resemblance. It's actually a blending of my own cartoony stuff and a photo-realistic dataset so you get this weird realistically cartoony style. I personally like it a lot because it's detailed enough to look pretty but also simple enough that I can add to it by hand and cleanly blend my work with the AIs.
I would actually be really interesting in seeing that workflow since that is exactly what I've had in mind for some projects. Would love to see how you do if you are okay with sharing.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Had a go at porting Long Hike with a Cute Girl v1.0.1 to Android.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

• Red Heart
Reactions: CozyKeeper

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Bring it to life? So you use the methods to animate the AI by sequence, or do you mean that you just let it render a still, which isn't bringing anything to life?

The problem with ai cg games is that ... they usually lack any kind of animation, which is a MUST in a modern adult game.
When a game is called "long hike WITH a cute girl", my bet is that she is NOT the protagonist.
facepalm.jpg

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes