Mod Ren'Py Long Live the Princess - Universal Gallery Unlocker [v1.2.0] [SomeGuyWithNoImagination]

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
After some considerations I came up with more universal Self Removal.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It doesn't remove itself anymore, but it ensures to be of single use per game version.
In my opinion, ensuring that the unlocker only runs once per game version is wholly unnecessary for any RenPy game since the code will almost never change between game launches. As well as that, the unlocker will always set the variables the same regardlesss, so, at most, it'll just be setting variables to what they already are.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Already uploaded. I just forgot to update the version numbers on the thread title and heading.
and the date :p

Additionally if you find other scenes with hidden choices branches hidden it'd be great if it was added to be playable. Also this new scene was worth it. man I've been thinking about this option scene for years... thanks a lot for making it unlocked

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
and the date :p
Whoops!

Additionally if you find other scenes with hidden choices branches hidden it'd be great if it was added to be playable. Also this new scene was worth it. man I've been thinking about this option scene for years... thanks a lot for making it unlocked
The last time I checked all the scenes for hidden flags that need to be enabled (LLTP v0.36.0), there were 4, which checked if you have ever:
  • Dispelled the contraceptive spell
  • Unlocked a handjob with Callie
  • Unlocked sex with Callie
  • Unlocked naughty Primrose
Unfortunately, it is impossible for the mod to reliably automatically detect these flags since doing so could cause the game to break (even if not in the most recent version, maybe in future or past ones). As such I have to manually locate them. It has been a while so I might check that no other new ones have been added soon.

Until then, if you notice any scene variations missing you are welcome to let me know and I'll fix it.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
and the NTR scenes? is the label a lie? I don't understand
The NTR scenes aren't in the gallery at all. I only unlock what's there.

just waiting for the new update
This mod won't completely break when a game updates. I have been told that apparently there's a new variable that my mod won't change, so some options in some scenes may be locked, however since the last update to the game, I suspect there might also be further changes not immediately visible.

The prior LLTP update brought changes outside of the spots that are obvious to check, and reliable to check automatically, so I'll also do a manual run through the content of the scenes themselves and check for flags there.

Give me about a day. Life is crazy.

Reactions: Mikhail Blk

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I just had an idea to instead of unlocking anything to just bypass checks for it.
And after endless tries I turned that idea into reality.
Resulting in universal Gallery Unlocker that should work with any game version and any OS.

Now there is no need to check anything anymore.
That is a very creative solution to the problem. The seen_label hijack in particular is something I know is pretty effective in many VNs outside of this one.

I don't have the time to test it myself or have a deep enough understanding of the renpy api functions to confirm its functionality on paper, but I do congratulate you for it.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Is there an Andorid version with gallery mod?
At the bottom of this thread OP, there are instructions for how to install a persistent file, since to my knowledge there is no easy or good way for Android users to install mods.

By installing the persistent file, it will fully unlock your gallery but also reset your settings, seen text, and also New Game+ unlock status. It will not affect your save files. Unfortunately, unless someone can give me a better (and simple) method of unlocking the gallery for Android users, it's the best I am aware of right now.

VerumMortis

Jan 26, 2019
At the bottom of this thread OP, there are instructions for how to install a persistent file, since to my knowledge there is no easy or good way for Android users to install mods.

By installing the persistent file, it will fully unlock your gallery but also reset your settings, seen text, and also New Game+ unlock status. It will not affect your save files. Unfortunately, unless someone can give me a better (and simple) method of unlocking the gallery for Android users, it's the best I am aware of right now.
I followed the instructions and everything is still blocked in gallery for me.

RichterQ87

Donor
Dec 4, 2016
i've tried it and it seems to be working just fine with the latest update
It works, yes, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of new scenes that have been added. If I had to guess, I'd say the new update perhaps has specific 'ending' scenes, but since this mod doesn't have an 'ending' category, it only shows the regular specific character ones. No idea if I'm right or not though.