Mod Ren'Py Long Live the Princess - Universal Gallery Unlocker [v1.2.0] [SomeGuyWithNoImagination]

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
It works, yes, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of new scenes that have been added. If I had to guess, I'd say the new update perhaps has specific 'ending' scenes, but since this mod doesn't have an 'ending' category, it only shows the regular specific character ones. No idea if I'm right or not though.
This may need a final update with endings included.
Skimming through the game's gallery code, it looks like this mod works as it should. Anything that's in the gallery is unlocked, and that does include any endings that are there.

Of course, if there are specific issues you can name, please do let me know so that I can get on it.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I don't think the mod includes the endings.
This mod only unlocks what is already in the gallery. While I didn't play the latest update, I skimmed its gallery code and this version does unlock the full gallery (as far as I'm aware). If there's scenes missing, they're missing from the gallery itself. This mod does not alter the gallery in any way except unlocking.

OcSenXanhLa

Feb 25, 2019
Can you put the night scene (when girl is sleeping) in this. The creator just reset all the save file and I can't access to these scene

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Can you put the night scene (when girl is sleeping) in this. The creator just reset all the save file and I can't access to these scene
This mod only unlocks the gallery. It does not, nor do I plan to, modify the gallery in any way. I am aware that there are a couple scenes that Belle chose to not make available in the gallery (I thought v1.0 added them all in), but that is not something that I plan to make available.

I have pasted the Persistent file in Android folder, but the gallery is still locked.
I haven't touched RenPy on Android for years. It's most likely that the file was installed in the wrong folder, is not named correctly, or your specific version of the game has been modified to read the persistent file from a different location.

Unogott

Nov 30, 2022
Hey.
I tried it with the persistent file on android and now my whole gallery is just locked. Also the save file location looks different as the save files are now in a save folder. I am playing on verison 1.0.1.
Help pls :(

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Hey.
I tried it with the persistent file on android and now my whole gallery is just locked. Also the save file location looks different as the save files are now in a save folder. I am playing on verison 1.0.1.
Help pls :(
To be sure, you are saying that you previously had unlocked gallery items, but now everything is locked. Correct?

Edit: I do not know what could have caused the issue you experience, but I've regenerated a new persistent file for v1.0.1. Hopefully that works. If you could give an updated location for where to put it, that would also be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unogott

Unogott

Nov 30, 2022
To be sure, you are saying that you previously had unlocked gallery items, but now everything is locked. Correct?

Yes that is correct.

Edit: I do not know what could have caused the issue you experience, but I've regenerated a new persistent file for v1.0.1. Hopefully that works. If you could give an updated location for where to put it, that would also be appreciated.
The persistent file is now in the saves file folder.

I solved the issue. Took a bit of a workaround, but here is what I did:
I tried to initially do it through android but since the android 11 update you are not allowed to copy files into the android data folder.
So I tried to replace the persistent via my computer, by putting it in the saves folder. This locked my whole gallery.

What fixed it was a workaround. Got the files app and with that I was able to move the persistent into the saves folder via android.
So basically I did the exact same thing but just on Android instead of my computer, and that worked.

Thanks for the quick reply btw:)