Looking to commission translation of Kaichuu Sentai Insect Angels

CSanders

May 13, 2018
As the title says - anyone knows any translators capable of this feat?
Will be grateful for any tips as I can't find translators dabbling with RPGmaker

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
As the title says - anyone knows any translators capable of this feat?
Will be grateful for any tips as I can't find translators dabbling with RPGmaker
Hello, any update on a possible translation of this ?
Hey, don't know if you guys are still interested, but I'm currently translating the game AND this will not be machine translated. I've got decent chunk done already.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Hey, don't know if you guys are still interested, but I'm currently translating the game AND this will not be machine translated. I've got decent chunk done already.
nice would love to try this out, really enjoyed the ship of servitude made by the same circle

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
nice would love to try this out, really enjoyed the ship of servitude made by the same circle
Hey, it's cool someone's still interested. In case you're curious I've almost finished all in battle dialogue and most of the UI in the base and combat. There is just one bug though. One interaction between the spider girl and the dog girl pull out the wrong art, but otherwise everything is working hunky dory.

Reactions: Gummiel

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Ay, just giving status update about the translation since you were interested. I am 3/5 of the way done with the mid battle dialogue, I have not solved a bug that makes the game crash, but the quick fix atm is to NOT have spider girl and scorpion girl attack the tiger girl at the same time (it's fine if it's anyone else). Lastly I have to redo the patrol events, but I hardly started those anyway so not a big loss. That's it for the status update!

gouranga4

Jul 6, 2017
Ay, just giving status update about the translation since you were interested. I am 3/5 of the way done with the mid battle dialogue, I have not solved a bug that makes the game crash, but the quick fix atm is to NOT have spider girl and scorpion girl attack the tiger girl at the same time (it's fine if it's anyone else). Lastly I have to redo the patrol events, but I hardly started those anyway so not a big loss. That's it for the status update!
Thanks a bunch Joop, when do you think you will be done with the translation and post it here ?

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks a bunch Joop, when do you think you will be done with the translation and post it here ?
Hey, so I’ll give you an update. i went pretty crazy when i first started and i burned out a bit so i‘ve gone back to it here and there. Here’s what is done, ALL the main character’s battle dialogue is officially done. Next I’ll be doing the battle dialogue between the npcs. Most of the menus and interfaces are translated. I have to redo the patrol events, but I barely started those anyway. I still have not managed to fix the bug that crashes the game if red and blue attack the tiger girl at the same time, if I cannot fix it just avoid having them both attack her. Literally any other combination of the main three are fine. I can’t really give an estimate but just to be safe maybe a month or so, probably longer. ALSO if you’re interested i want to translate this group’s newest game that came out last week. It’s called “Demon Peddler.”

• Love

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
ALSO if you’re interested i want to translate this group’s newest game that came out last week. It’s called “Demon Peddler.”
Do you have a link with some info about that game?, can't seem to find it on DLsite at least

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Do you have a link with some info about that game?, can't seem to find it on DLsite at least
Here you go:

it’s because it’s only in the jp only section of dl site atm. I’ve beaten it and i can tell you it’s a time management game in village of nightmare universe. You plays as the younger of the merchant twins and build weapons to sell to the two factions at war. These weapons are obviously corrupted with succubus magic and will start to slowly corrupt their users. The corruption works similar to the succubus board game. Also a few characters from the previous game cameo. It was interesting and i waited to talk about it until they fixed most of the bugs.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've given update. Some very good news is that I met someone who was also working on a translation during his spare time, not to mention he mostly worked on things I wasn't able to get to yet. This has seriously helped the workload I need to do. He has also helped fix the bug I accidentally created during my translation. As of this moment the Insect Angels translation is currently bug free. Ironic, I know. However, there's still quite a bit of work to be done, but just know I haven't abandoned the project. I promise this will be done, thanks for bearing with me here.

• Love
Reactions: DiveGal and Gummiel

gouranga4

Jul 6, 2017
Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've given update. Some very good news is that I met someone who was also working on a translation during his spare time, not to mention he mostly worked on things I wasn't able to get to yet. This has seriously helped the workload I need to do. He has also helped fix the bug I accidentally created during my translation. As of this moment the Insect Angels translation is currently bug free. Ironic, I know. However, there's still quite a bit of work to be done, but just know I haven't abandoned the project. I promise this will be done, thanks for bearing with me here.
Thank you and him for your work !

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Great news! I'm wrapping up the dialogue and doing some grammar checks. Next on the agenda is something I've been very much looking forward to which is a quick playthrough to test for bugs. Feels like the goal is close.

• Love

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Great news! I'm wrapping up the dialogue and doing some grammar checks. Next on the agenda is something I've been very much looking forward to which is a quick playthrough to test for bugs. Feels like the goal is close.
Nice, but I mean it is pretty much guaranteed to have bugs right :p

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Good news and bad news. Bad news, getting close to the finish line caused me to be careless with my work and I accidentally created a new bug that crashes the whole game. I would have to go over 1,300 lines of code to find the error and, frankly, I'm not gonna do that. Good news, I kept a backup of my old file and it's just a matter of copy/pasting my old work and being vigilant with where I created the bug. So fortunately none of my current translation work has gone to waste, but play testing has been delayed for a bit.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Good news! I'm pretty close to being done. All that's left is translate the patrol events, the endings and the daily reports after a patrol round. The patrols are gonna be quite grueling to be honest, but at least there appears to be a lot of variation.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Here’s what’s been going on with the translation for the past couple weeks. All the endings and game overs are done, unfortunately i created a new bug that makes the game crash when trying to view patrol events in the recollection room. Fortunately the patrol events still work in-game. Trying to fix it with no success was making me tear my hair out and burned me out a bit. I’ve made progress on the patrol events but it’s been slow going. That’s about it, keep on keeping on and I’ll post again in about another ten days or so.