• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[R>Artist 3D] [R>Programmer] [R>Writer] Unpaid Looking to put together small team of beginner game developers.

Team "eh"

Jan 24, 2022
I would be interested to join your team as a Contributing Writer, I read that your basing it on a guy who has 2 broken arms, if your aim is about a semi or handicapped guy, as a orthopedic weak left leg guy, I can relay to some funny experiences of mine so I think a guy with crutches has a better impact on the story, maybe a dark one wherein nobody knows he kills his enemies in the shadows
Haha, so far it seems like SirSpitz will be our main writer, if you and him would be interested in a collaborative writing arrangement, I'm all for it. Perhaps you guys could breakdown the workload into writing specific characters? Like you would take character 1,3,5, and he would take characters 2,4,6. You would write the dialog for those based off the traits given to those characters. Then SirSpitz could write responses to what you have written based off his characters he has written. I'm just brainstorming how this could work. There probably is a better solution, but the benefit to this idea at least is that characters will seem "fresh" in the as opposed if one person were to do all of the writing, they are only bringing their personal experience into the characters, and the characters might all feel the same since they are all written by one person.

Team "eh"

Jan 24, 2022
I think Discord is the easiest option, it works well for exchanging ideas and assets, it's free, and virtually everyone has an account.
So I've made a discord account now, it's a little unfamiliar to me right now. My username is (Team"eh"#8885) so whoever is interested in joining can add me there, and I guess could be added to the server which we will use for the game dev from that point.

Physical Cicada

Aug 8, 2020
What code work do you specialize in if I may ask?
I think "specialize" is a strong word, if I already was a "good" game developer (or one at all) I probably would not be in this thread lol
In the last few years I played around with Ren'Py, Pygame and Godot, but I already forgot most of what I did learn. On the other hand I have a lot of "general programming" experience, in particular with Python.

My username is (Team"eh"#8885) so whoever is interested in joining can add me there
Added!

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Yeah, I think having someone with experience would be beneficial, especially with project lead experience. I just didn't want anyone with experience to feel frustrated working with beginners, since what might seem like an easy problem for someone with experience might be difficult for someone just starting out, which is the only reason why it says beginners. I think it'd be a good starting point for the team, once there is one, for you to share your "do's and don'ts" of game dev.
Sure, I would be happy to teach you what I know. Since you said you are new with discord, would you like me to handle that part as well? I'm pretty handy with it, so making a server and maintaining it won't pose any issue to me. Can make you the owner of it as well if you'd like once I am done with setting it up.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
At the request of OP, I have made a discord server for this.

Anyone is welcome. Team member role will be handed once we've discussed in the server.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I'm Game designer who has so many pitches and idea but can't even create a tech demo to recruit people :D
Join here if you'd like:

This is the server I've made for the project.

jekki6785

Sep 30, 2020
Hey Team "eh", I am of the same mind as you, I am quite keen on learning the ropes myself have been doing a few Daz3d stuff and blender(mostly for my 3d prints) work. So would be keen to get my hands dirty on the modelling side of things I have mostly a dev background mostly python, c++ and HTML.
With that in mind I do have a full time job so most of my time is with that atm. and that doesn't appear to be slowing down.
As for team comms I do have some assets in the cloud so could essentially build an Rocket[.]chat server etc. with SFTP functionality. I have also worked on project management before so could assist in this side (when I say work it wasn't a very successful venture).

SirSpitz

Aug 22, 2020
....a few more replies and you can forget forming a team but a company :)

That all aside, let's start throwing out game/theme ideas....
While we just get out what it is we are going to do, we can get the nut & bolts of the who and whats. But seriously the more the better in all fields because gathering talent now for this project may lead to future projects

Team "eh"

Jan 24, 2022
....a few more replies and you can forget forming a team but a company :)

That all aside, let's start throwing out game/theme ideas....
While we just get out what it is we are going to do, we can get the nut & bolts of the who and whats. But seriously the more the better in all fields because gathering talent now for this project may lead to future projects
Haha honestly. There is about 10 members currently on the discord server. We already started pitching some ideas there based off the skill set of the people who are interested. The link is on the first post if you are interested in checking it out.

Secret09

Oct 20, 2017
Haha, so far it seems like SirSpitz will be our main writer, if you and him would be interested in a collaborative writing arrangement, I'm all for it. Perhaps you guys could breakdown the workload into writing specific characters? Like you would take character 1,3,5, and he would take characters 2,4,6. You would write the dialog for those based off the traits given to those characters. Then SirSpitz could write responses to what you have written based off his characters he has written. I'm just brainstorming how this could work. There probably is a better solution, but the benefit to this idea at least is that characters will seem "fresh" in the as opposed if one person were to do all of the writing, they are only bringing their personal experience into the characters, and the characters might all feel the same since they are all written by one person.
Yeah that idea could work, but I honestly admit I wont be able to devote more of my time on this project cause same as you, I also have a day job but I'm glad you are open to my ideas. Looking forward to share my ideas to the main writer

wawachocho

Mar 26, 2021
Hi, i am interested to join the team. In the past i looked into some programs and started courses. Marvelous Designer, Blender, Unity, Unreal. But it is a couple years back, so i not remember much of it.

fooslock

Feb 15, 2020
This still a thing? I'm learning Python and Java through college, Ruby soon as well, and I wrote some stuff (not too impressive) in my free time, which unfortunately I had to hiatus due to IRL obligations. I have some free time now during the week, and I'm definitely open to learning more for my own future projects.