VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth: Development Thread

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Introducing our brand new and wholly original creation, "Lost at Birth".

From what's been shown here there is nothing 'original' about it.. :unsure:
"Original creation" is in reference to the fact that this is a new game created by the devs, rather than a fan adaption like Our Fate was. Also, are there any games that are completely "original?"
girlfriend/fiancee/wife or whatever, another slut you can shag
Uh, so a game is "not original" if it features LI's who are family members, girlfriends, fiancees, wives, or other sluts?? Who exactly is left then?? :rolleyes:
My only comment is IMO the wife looks a bit young for someone in her late 30's early 40's. I'd make her a little MILFier, curvier maybe, certainly the face could look a little more mature, a little more character. But still lovable.

The basics are good though, just tone down the supermodelishness a bit.
She doesn't look too young or fit at all for someone in her late 30's. Women that age don't have to look all busted up and broken down :LOL: Dev was clearly going for hot wife/mom vibes, and hit the mark IMO - if she gets older and fatter she would be less attractive to most

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
View attachment 1466585
Introducing our brand new and wholly original creation, "Lost at Birth".

Welcome to the development thread.

PRE-PRODUCTION PROGRESS:
■■■■■■■■■■■■□□□ 82%

Writing: 98%
Characters: 75%
Locations 70%
Sounds: 100%
Ambience and erotic sfx: 100%
GUI: 70%
Synopsis:
Lost at Birth will tell the story of a rather ordinary guy. Stable job, nice house, comfortable routine, married, with no kids… that he knows of. In short, his life is pleasantly boring. To spice things up he has some fun on the side that his wife doesn't need to know about. Then things turn upside-down when a young woman comes into his life…with a birth certificate.

View attachment 1466803
We are putting our biggest effort to make this project outstanding visually and story wise. Every character and scenario are carefully handcrafted, levels of detail never seen before to hopefully bring to life a wonderful and charming tale.
Please ignore the trolls in here trying to tear down the game. The story and visuals look good so far. Although I got to say, maybe I was spoiled by your beautiful version of Claire, but Kailey's design is a bit underwhelming. Her low body seems a bit on the thick side and her facial features make her seem older than 20, and kind of plain looking.

I know you won't use your final Claire design here, but any thought about using the original design you created for Our Fate for this game? She also looked cute and younger, and would fit the story here well.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Please ignore the trolls in here trying to tear down the game. The story and visuals look good so far. Although I got to say, maybe I was spoiled by your beautiful version of Claire, but Kailey's design is a bit underwhelming. Her low body seems a bit on the thick side and her facial features make her seem older than 20, and kind of plain looking.

I know you won't use your final Claire design here, but any thought about using the original design you created for Our Fate for this game? She also looked cute and younger, and would fit the story here well.
I should have put a warning in the header that everything I post in the development thread its a work in progress.

Kailey's design it's probably the hardest thing i've done so far, still ongoing after a month so believe me when I say i'm trying my best. (Sorry but I won't be using the model you are talking about).

Her body it's quite slim, the thickness you maybe see it's probably because of the pose.

I like to think that my character design and art it's more on the realistic side and that's a really fine line when talking about 3D, so it's not that easy to balance things like it could with the usual barbie doll/cartoon style that is present in probably 99% of other games.

Her design could change until i'm done with pre-production, but unfortunately vague concepts like younger or plain aren't things that you can apply in reality because those are very subjective things. As I said i'm in fact still working on her, maybe I will use some polls on patreon to get feedback. As you may know by now I appreciate any help I can get to hopefuly make more people happy.

Last edited:

Aleatory

Jun 22, 2017
I quite like Kailey's design. Especially if you consider most games in this genre start out with "underwhelming" or "plain" looks/outfits that gradually get "less plain" as she gets either more comfortable or more corrupted by the MC's choices.
I don't know if that was the idea behind the first previews of her character, but I can imagine that "plain" feeling some people get when looking at this immediately does a 180 when she wears something more provocative.
I, for one, am a big fan of seeing these gradual changes. And if it's anything like the initial project you were working on, I bet if fits the narrative of this VN perfectly.

Same goes for Cassidy, but just the other way around: people think she looks too young. Well, it's probably because in the preview she looks like she's just got back from a wild night out.

It's just the context they seem to be in that gives us certain presumptions about their personalities/age/etc.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more & good luck again!

nuclearbomb

Mar 26, 2018
Wow you really have a skill in making nice and original looking character V19! Damn. Can't wait too see what this game is like when it comes out :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: V19XX

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
This sounds like a comedy plot come to life :ROFLMAO:

Question, how are you promoting this on Patreon the way it is? Kailey comes to the MC with a birth certificate proving that he's her...landlord?

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
This sounds like a comedy plot come to life :ROFLMAO:

Question, how are you promoting this on Patreon the way it is? Kailey comes to the MC with a birth certificate proving that he's her...landlord?
...a birth certificate that "proves" he might be her father.

• Haha
Reactions: BigDaddyDom

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
It sounds to me like a better premise for a plot then many of the games here.. Just searching the web and one finds many instances where almost this exact thing has happen, or other variations of it.
Which part? Him being actually being the Landlord or not being the Landlord?

• Haha
Reactions: lurkin

nuclearbomb

Mar 26, 2018
Which part? Him being actually being the Landlord or not being the Landlord?
Him probably being the landlord? (He most likely is). Or by saying it in another way, him finding out he has a daughter he never knew about. What is so hard to understand about that?

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Him probably being the landlord? (He most likely is). Or by saying it in another way, him finding out he has a daughter he never knew about. What is so hard to understand about that?
I dunno, maybe you meant that it would be interesting if he wasn't due to how many instances there are where he'd be the Landlord

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I should have put a warning in the header that everything I post in the development thread its a work in progress.

Kailey's design it's probably the hardest thing i've done so far, still ongoing after a month so believe me when I say i'm trying my best. (Sorry but I won't be using the model you are talking about).

Her body it's quite slim, the thickness you maybe see it's probably because of the pose.

I like to think that my character design and art it's more on the realistic side and that's a really fine line when talking about 3D, so it's not that easy to balance things like it could with the usual barbie doll/cartoon style that is present in probably 99% of other games.

Her design could change until i'm done with pre-production, but unfortunately vague concepts like younger or plain aren't things that you can apply in reality because those are very subjective things. As I said i'm in fact still working on her, maybe I will use some polls on patreon to get feedback. As you may know by now I appreciate any help I can get to hopefuly make more people happy.
I totally get that, and to be clear I'm not insulting your work - all the models look very realistic. I'm just comparing Kailey to the two versions of Claire that were just amazing. You're right though, that's all subjective. I know you probably won't change the design at this point, but to clarify what I meant a bit..

When I say "plain," a part of it refers to Kailey's hair. Not necessarily the color, but it looks kind of ragged and stringy. Compared that to your Claire model for example, where her hair was much more lush and shiny (in a realistic way). Maybe it's just the hair style again, but for some reason the current model's head looks large/round. Perhaps it's the combination of the round/squarish jawline and angular nose bridge, but it seems to make her appear older and more mature looking. Compare that even to your Justine character, who to me looks younger/more attractive because she has softer features and jawline.

My suggestion: Maybe make Kailey's cheek bones more prominent, soften/elongate her jawline, and tone down the nose bridge a bit. If you are able to reproduce the "twinkle" in the eye and pursed lips look that your Claire model had :love:

About Kailey's body - upper body definitely looks slim yes, and maybe it is just the pose, but she looks like she has kind of thick hips/thighs. Compare again to your Justine design (whose body looks great IMO), she has a nice thigh gap, whereas Kailey doesn't. Partly just personal preference I know, but in an F-D game I usually hope for slimmer models since there's already so many thick models in most other AVNs, and that also adds to the "youth" of the character.

Even if you ignore all of this I'm excited for your game either way!

...a birth certificate that "proves" he might be her father.
I totally get this as a possible workaround for Patreon, and to add some intrigue to the story. I really hope though that there will be the option (through patch or whatever) to make MC the actual father :giggle:

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
I totally get this as a possible workaround for Patreon, and to add some intrigue to the story. I really hope though that there will be the option (through patch or whatever) to make MC the actual father :giggle:
Well a certificate ain't a "Scratch this part off and find out if you ARE the father! 50/50 chance of being the lucky winner!"
And there be some beatings if Mc don't get that sweet sweet wincest