VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth: Development Thread

BlowJoe

Feb 3, 2018
Hope the story uses 'receptionist' and not 'recepcionist' as in the promo image. Looking forward to it...

BeardedJack

May 31, 2017
This is the better "our fate" i was seriously waiting for, good luck with the development and cant wait to try it (please make an android version too).
PS: love those tights and stockings, man... a man can really hope.

Reactions: L7Bear

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
:love:I hope, I hope, I hope even more.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I respectfully disagree.
There are plenty of incest harem games.

What Our Fate did very well was to build the relationship with the daughter in a realistic manner.

Maybe it's just me, but in most harem games, the relationships are rather flimsy.

Eezergoode

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but in most harem games, the relationships are rather flimsy.
It's not just you. Writing a deep, meaningful relationship from formation to completion is hard. Writing 7 or 8 of them is harder, and writing them in a way that they overlap in anything even remotely resembling a believable way is even harder.

Most (MOST not all) writers of harem games approach it like it's Pokemon: Vagina Edition (Gotta bang 'em all) and avoid any depth of relationship or even character because most people assume they just want to bang all the girls.

While it IS possible to write a harem with meaningful relationships with and among all the characters, it would be a huge investment of time, creativity, coding, and art. Especially since in a believable story, the girls would also have some sort of relationship with each other. And for most people, it's just not worth it.

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
The wife isn't necessary (Would have been better divorced or deceased) . damn , because of that , my MC will be forced to cheat again

• Thinking Face
Reactions: L7Bear

LazyBear29

Feb 20, 2021
Check the first post in the first page.
Hmm.. maybe check it yourself before giving useless advice. There is no info there about ETA of release. Progress since starting of render phase seems slow and updates from devs infrequent so that is why I asked my question.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hmm.. maybe check it yourself before giving useless advice. There is no info there about ETA of release. Progress since starting of render phase seems slow and updates from devs infrequent so that is why I asked my question.
Well you did not look very far now did you.
You should look under spoilers and you would have seen this.
Dev is not updating on the OP but for what is under the spoiler.
(Yes dev should update that 12% but he did not so look under the spoiler next time.)

Writing: 99%
Characters: 100%
Locations 100%
Sounds: 100%
Ambience and erotic sfx: 100%
GUI: 70%

LazyBear29

Feb 20, 2021
Well you did not look very far now did you.
You should look under spoilers and you would have seen this.
Dev is not updating on the OP but for what is under the spoiler.
(Yes dev should update that 12% but he did not so look under the spoiler next time.)

Writing: 99%
Characters: 100%
Locations 100%
Sounds: 100%
Ambience and erotic sfx: 100%
GUI: 70%
Well you don't understand what ETA is do you :)? I saw what is under spoilers section and I know dev is updating that part too and not only progress bar but in that section there is no info when dev is estimating the relesea time of the chapter 1. There is no such info in first post. So again I ask and hope someone from dev team will read this. What is estimated time of the release of chapter 1?

Last edited:

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
I gonna agree that Justine, aka the wife looks to young to be the wife. I thought first that Cassidy is the wife because she looks older then Justine but thats not really a big problem for my part. Perhaps the wife is much younger them MC ? :unsure:

People keep mentioning the game "our fate". Never played it but I saw people talking good about it.
From the MC background and his cheating on his wife + the newcoming of a grown up daughter I guess the story will be focused more on realism with a touche of romance then something like harem. Kinda a shame since I like that stuff.
But like Eezergoode said, its already hard to come up with a good story these days. And a good story with a Harem is even more harder. Still, a man can dream. :cry:

Dont get it the wrong way, but what is original here ? Is it something dark where everything comes crushing down for MC for his past actions (and probably his actions during the game) ?

I personally will go for the daughter. Incest is Wincest :WeSmart:
But Alice is also good looking and the temptation is there.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
People keep mentioning the game "our fate". Never played it but I saw people talking good about it.
Our Fate is a realistic story about a father meeting his 18 year old daughter while not knowing she even existed before. Our Fate had four main paths: "good father" (not getting romantically involved with her), "romance", "cynical" (MC acts tough but is not a bad guy), "hard corruption" (evil). The first two paths being "light" and the last two "dark". So, dark is more from the perspective of the daughter than from the MC, but it is describing the overall tone of the story (in those paths).

Sadly, Our Fate has been abandoned / on hold for years now. The devs of "Lost at Birth" wanted to make a continuation of "Our Fate" but the dev of "Our Fate" broke radio silence and forbade them to do that.

It is my understanding that Lost at Birth will not be a remake of Our Fate, but will follow more or less the same premise and paths.

Even though Our Fate seems abandoned for good, I still recommend playing it. There is plenty of content, although no sex with the daughter unfortunately.

And a good story with a Harem is even more harder.
I think realistic depictions of harem are extremely difficult for a good reason. Incest is already something unusual IRL, as is harem. Combining these two makes it exponentially harder. Especially since you need to spend a lot of time to build up both types relationships, as well as the interaction between the (prospective) harem members. Most games fail on all of these accounts but especially the last one seems very difficult.

You may want to check out Petal among Thorns and Midlife Crisis.