VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth: Development Thread

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I'm reffering to what L7bear said about a mid-to-late January release.
Ah, you are right.

ETA. We've been planning/hoping to have the first release sometime during January.
So far we're still on-track for that goal. Probably mid-to-late January.
But the last info:

Lol, I've been busy lately, i'm still working on this thing. Gonna release some previews soon.
Preview is not the same a release.

Anyway, I am looking forward to whatever is coming!

Reactions: L7Bear

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Updated the main post with some previews so you can see how the game looks. Tried my best not to reveal anything big.
Kailey and Cassidy(You can partially see Cas in one of the pics) got a bit of a redesign so I will update the roster in the "future".

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
From the renders at least this game to to be developing well, really promising. Hopefully the writing and plot is as good. I'm looking forward to it.

Bazooka171

Oct 8, 2019
Game looks great but progress is painfully slow...
I dont think is slow, in my opinion the dev is trying to make around 350 renders for the first chapter and just for comparison, the game Our fate had by the time it was put on hold around 360 renders, that were made and delivered in 15 monthly updates.
so I think this dev choose gameplay time and content for time developing and i for one prefer to have more gameplay time than have to wait each month to have only 30 min to 1 hour tops of gameplay.

LazyBear29

Feb 20, 2021
I dont think is slow, in my opinion the dev is trying to make around 350 renders for the first chapter and just for comparison, the game Our fate had by the time it was put on hold around 360 renders, that were made and delivered in 15 monthly updates.
so I think this dev choose gameplay time and content for time developing and i for one prefer to have more gameplay time than have to wait each month to have only 30 min to 1 hour tops of gameplay.
Hope you are right :)

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I have a feeling that V19 has lost his motivation for this game. I think maybe he expected his patrons to be higher
Lol if that's the case I see this game going nowhere, a dev can't lose motivation when there hasn't even been a demo released yet because they didn't get as much patrons as they thought they would get. It's understandable to lose motivation after a few updates with still no patron increase or support but when the game hasn't even hit the demo phase yet? Lol but Iets see what happens.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Lol if that's the case I see this game going nowhere, a dev can't lose motivation when there hasn't even been a demo released yet because they didn't get as much patrons as they thought they would get. It's understandable to lose motivation after a few updates with still no patron increase or support but when the game hasn't even hit the demo phase yet? Lol but Iets see what happens.
Yeah I hope that's not the case, but I've seen too many really promising projects get abandoned in the early stages because the dev expected to get patrons fast, even though it doesn't usually work that way. Hoping that's not the case here, but development feels slower than expected.

Updated the main post with the media from the (now public) last patreon entry.
Kailey looks great in the new design! Much better!

Reactions: AngelsAfterDark

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
The delays so far have been a mix of artistic perfectionism and several unexpected life events.
Also, I've gotten used to writing for a team of 12-18 people and might have overloaded V19.

V19 & I were both surprised when we picked up a few Patrons. We certainly haven't expected more at this stage.

In other words:
" "