Others Onhold Love Inn [v0.1.5] [croco_nsfw]

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
just the door icon. I thought it look like Pause button on old DVD player or other stuff with Pause icon. For other door I mean like there should indication that it interactable. the door that facing the player view
At very first time to the game
I thought all door are lock except those with icon
it probably only me too cuz I been playing sooo many game with uninteractable door
Ah yeah I agree! I though about it but was unsure how to show which one you can interact with. Maybe some small button on the side of the screen. :unsure:

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I didn't post a review yet because the game is still brand new, but it really feels unique compared to most of the games people can find here.

It's really the overall mood that's selling it.
Musics, sprites, animations, dialogs, everything is mashing well together.

• Red Heart
Reactions: croco_nsfw

MilesKiyaAnny

Jan 18, 2019
I suggest highlight object you can interact. I could draw them for you how it work
and for door icon I have some idea. I trying to draw one for example but fking forget layers. You can use the old icon but drawing it as a silde japanese door and that it. When player apparoch and able to interact it begin glows white around it
this game not make by RPGmaker right?? I got busy with life and stuff soo wont make any progress soon and kinda foggy mind stuff etc

Last edited:

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
I didn't post a review yet because the game is still brand new, but it really feels unique compared to most of the games people can find here.

It's really the overall mood that's selling it.
Musics, sprites, animations, dialogs, everything is mashing well together.
Thanks a lot Gwedelino :giggle:. I'm just going for a game with a similar vibe to Stardew Valley since I couldn't find anything like that haha. I appreciate your comment.

I hope everything is going well with your project. If you ever need anything (even if I'm not the most knowledgeable or the best option), please contact me!

I suggest highlight object you can interact. I could draw them for you how it work
and for door icon I have some idea. I trying to draw one for example but fking forget layers. You can use the old icon but drawing it as a silde japanese door and that it. When player apparoch and able to interact it begin glows white around it
this game not make by RPGmaker right?? I got busy with life and stuff soo wont make any progress soon and kinda foggy mind stuff etc
The highlight is a good idea, but I'm not sure how to add that in 3D. Adding glow is easier tho, so I can try that. Maybe even some sprite floating around when you are close to something you can interact with.
No this is not done in RPGmaker, it's Godot :giggle: It's really easy to learn compared to other game engines!

Reactions: MilesKiyaAnny

Xinthos1

Dec 1, 2018
You told me to wait for the next update and this is what happened, nothing, just this interface
View attachment 2725675
For anyone else stuck on the GODOT splash screen, you have to turn off Antialiasing in your NVIDIA control panel to get to the game.

1. Open NVIDIA control panel and click on Manage 3D Settings
2. I used program settings and found the .exe, then toggle Antialiasing to Off

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
For anyone else stuck on the GODOT splash screen, you have to turn off Antialiasing in your NVIDIA control panel to get to the game.

Another user was reporting the problem to me, so I sent them this post to see if it helps them. Even if it doesn't, thanks a lot dude, it's been my longest "enemy" since launch, it's driving me crazy.

How did you figure out the solution??

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aescanor

Aescanor

Dec 11, 2019
Another user was reporting the problem to me, so I sent them this post to see if it helps them. Even if it doesn't, thanks a lot dude, it's been my longest "enemy" since launch, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks, it worked out, the game works without problems now
ScreenShot_20230802043121_٢٠٢٣-٠٨-٠٢_٠٤-٣٧-٤٧.png

• Yay, new update!

Xinthos1

Dec 1, 2018

Honestly just googled and found a random Steam discussion where the developer on their game mentioned it for theirs:

kk2oven

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2021
I found the game and I fell in love with it, then I read what you had to say, your plans... There was a lot of it because you love to talk about your project. Sadly, I didn't like what I read. Here is my grain of salt, hoping it may help.

The mood system: I don't think a mood system ever made a game better. I don't understand what it will add to the game. Most of the time, it's added and the characters are always happy and no one cares about the mood. Moreover, it breaks immersion because even if Alice is in a bad mood, I'm pretty sure that in events it will be completely ignored.

NTR: The world is cruel. You either do NTR or don't do NTR. If you're in-between you'll have to deal with a bunch of people who hate NTR and you definitely don't want to deal with those people. In the version I played, the husband was sleeping so it's ok I guess. But the tone of the game isn't this, I'm sure a lot of your players don't want to make the husband feel miserable.

Keyboard: It's annoying to have to switch between Keyboard and Mouse. You need to make the game playable using only the mouse because it will make the port to mobile way easier. I'm on itch.io as well and I can tell you there are more players on Android than on Windows. The game should be playable keyboard-only as well. (also players love to play adult games with only one hand for some reason)

Patreon: I played the game until I unlocked everything and I have absolutely no idea what I missed because I'm not a patron. Sure there are people who like the game and will support you for the sake of supporting you or to check if a more recent version is available on patreon. But I don't think that's how it works, you need to entice players during the game without being intrusive. You definitely need to add patreon cheats, the pattern "start a game -> get bored by the grind -> subscribe to patreon to skip the grind" is probably the most common pattern. You can also make the gallery patron-only.

The sandbox curse: A pet peeve of mine but I'm sick of those games where the gameplay loop is "open the menu -> check how to progress with the girl -> do what is written". I'd suggest an exclamation mark on doors that launch an event.

Money: You plan to add money to the game. Why? Clearly, your game is lacking content, not means to unlock it. The game needs content and definitely not new mechanics.

tldr: My advice (which I think is good even though I don't think I'm a good game designer) is to start by making the game SIMPLE and SOLID. The rest is for later.

Reactions: wiseold6996

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
Hello! Let me address the comment, thanks for taking the time to write up your thoughts.

The mood system: I don't think a mood system ever made a game better. I don't understand what it will add to the game. Most of the time, it's added and the characters are always happy and no one cares about the mood. Moreover, it breaks immersion because even if Alice is in a bad mood, I'm pretty sure that in events it will be completely ignored.
This is mainly a pseudo-dating sim and I loved how older dating sims did it (like Tokimeki Memorial).
You can't initiate story events if the mood is under a certain number, also I like adding small variations in dialogue if a character is mad. May be stupid but I don't really have a reason not to include it. It's also a good way to have dialogue branches actually affect the character you are talking to.

NTR: The world is cruel. You either do NTR or don't do NTR. If you're in-between you'll have to deal with a bunch of people who hate NTR and you definitely don't want to deal with those people. In the version I played, the husband was sleeping so it's ok I guess. But the tone of the game isn't this, I'm sure a lot of your players don't want to make the husband feel miserable.
There's no NTR and won't be in the game. There will be netori, but it's not the couple you are referring to. In the one you mention, the point of the scene was that the husband actually wants you to do what you do. The MC is not trying to be a dick or making the wife cheat. I tried to imply it heavily multiple times in the event, but maybe I failed.

Keyboard: It's annoying to have to switch between Keyboard and Mouse. You need to make the game playable using only the mouse because it will make the port to mobile way easier. I'm on itch.io as well and I can tell you there are more players on Android than on Windows. The game should be playable keyboard-only as well. (also players love to play adult games with only one hand for some reason)
Yeah I can understand that! It's something that's on the to-do list, along with only mouse controls. I'm not planning to port to mobile any time soon tho.

Patreon: I played the game until I unlocked everything and I have absolutely no idea what I missed because I'm not a patron. Sure there are people who like the game and will support you for the sake of supporting you or to check if a more recent version is available on patreon. But I don't think that's how it works, you need to entice players during the game without being intrusive. You definitely need to add patreon cheats, the pattern "start a game -> get bored by the grind -> subscribe to patreon to skip the grind" is probably the most common pattern. You can also make the gallery patron-only.
I appreciate the feedback. Even if it doesn't look like it, I'm not trying to make the game grindy on purpose. Right now I don't know how I feel about trying to incorporate mobile gaming psychology tactics into the game / patreon, feels a bit iffy to me. Maybe I'm better suited for platforms like Steam.

The sandbox curse: A pet peeve of mine but I'm sick of those games where the gameplay loop is "open the menu -> check how to progress with the girl -> do what is written". I'd suggest an exclamation mark on doors that launch an event.
I agree! As soon as I add a bit more, I hope the map will improve that.

Money: You plan to add money to the game. Why? Clearly, your game is lacking content, not means to unlock it. The game needs content and definitely not new mechanics.
I think it's a good way to have progression. The story revolves about the character working in an inn. How's the MC meant to have new stuff if not from having an exchange between goods? Money is nothing, just a variable that shows how much of something you've done, you could call it "love points" that you gain through fucking girls to unlock new positions for all that matters.
I agree it's lacking content atm, but I mean, I released this the last day of May, and since then I consider I've made good progress. The first version was literally a walking simulator.

tldr: My advice (which I think is good even though I don't think I'm a good game designer) is to start by making the game SIMPLE and SOLID. The rest is for later.
I prefer to implement systems as early as possible. Adding a system halfway through is a pain in the ass, and it won't feel integrated into the core loop. What if it doesn't work well? The Patreon cycle forces everyone to get content ASAP without stopping to focus on other things. How many games are in limbo, spending months on end trying to add something new but it's difficult because it requires full re-writes.

Anyway! Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it :D

Reactions: himomo and lxh123

kk2oven

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2021
I didn't know what netori meant. I thought it meant NTR (NeToRi). I'm sure I'm not the only one who will make this mistake so maybe it's better to scrape the word and instead explain with words like (have fun with the customers' wife) or something.

What games do you think of when you say "in limbo because it requires full rewrite"? Some patreons clearly scam their patrons and make up every excuse imaginable to explain why there is no progress. If you make the game while knowing what mechanics you'll add later then it shouldn't be a pain to add them later.
You do you, it's your game after all but thinking about opportunity-cost, it's better to port to mobile and add content rather than to add new mechanics. Godot is a cross-platform engine, it shouldn't be too difficult. Maybe you're not doing the game for the money. But without earning money, the probability your motivation wanes is pretty high, even if you think otherwise.

free protip : when you upload a new version on itch, upload it as a new project, you'll get a lot more visibility doing so.

Johnamo

Jun 6, 2023
Hello , i think i have a strange bug , in day 12th (monday) after i have done an action in the evening (talk,bath,etc) i have a black screen and more strange i can acess with esc the menu and the game menu , i like this game and i want to complete it but i don't know why i have this bugs , please help ?

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
Hello , i think i have a strange bug , in day 12th (monday) after i have done an action in the evening (talk,bath,etc) i have a black screen and more strange i can acess with esc the menu and the game menu , i like this game and i want to complete it but i don't know why i have this bugs , please help ?
Hey! Some people reported that, so I kind of have an idea what's up. In the new version I have included more detailed information in the logs (located in Windows a %appdata%/godot/app_userdata/LOVE_INN), though right now I don't need the logs from 0.1.3 since they are insufficient unfortunately. Though I've been modifying how some things load so it might be solved, nobody reported that yet in the new version.

Since that problem doesn't make the game crash, in theory you could save on a new slot (just in case) and load, and should be OK. Also you could load the autosave slot, you would start from the morning of the day the bug happened, and it probably won't happen again.

Sorry about that!

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
LOVE INN 0.1.4 PUBLIC RELEASE

Untitled.png

Win: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN
Linux: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN

CHANGELOG

• Two events for Aya (ecchi, with CG), two for Keiko (one lewd, with CG. Repeatable). Introduction of Ume, three events, one lewd, with CG.
  • Chores: Cleaning and maintenance. They give you money, that you receive at the end of day. Idea is to expand similar to reception eventually.
  • Rain, (sounds inside and outside, ceiling lights when raining / night all rooms), plus rain schedules. Been adding dialogue for each action during rain for the main characters, want to expand to all activities for all characters eventually.
  • There's some variation in the reception mini events. Now there's 3 for each main character depending on their mood, picked randomly, plus one extra for rain.
  • Bathroom stalls are walkable in when empty and characters can be in them using them. Making the stalls walkable was a pain because they are opaque, so I tweaked a lot with transparency + render priority, but I think they look good now when you enter them.
  • Fullscreen support. Screenshots and video recording DOESN'T WORK with fullscreen, it's a Godot thing (it's fixed in Godot 4.0, but I can't / don't want to port the game yet).
  • Open / close menus with right click button. Disabled mouse wheel input in dialogue.
  • Added a small box that shows when you can interact with things around you. Also now the game shows how many times you have done an activity until 5, as it caps at 5 affection for each one.
  • Spy cam system as a separate task and cam UI. Events are chosen from an array pool, as chosen by a previous poll. I feel it's a good idea, let me know if it disrupts the gameplay a lot or not. Right now there's no events or multiple cams, I added for now a bathroom cam and girls can be in there. The idea is to expand that a bit, so it's not only a small animation loop. Maybe even so you can go "interact", as seen by the event in the update.
  • More details from the night screen. If you feel there's something missing in there, please let me know!
  • The handyman is Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturday mornings (once you have met him) at the entrance. He'll sell you a better futon for now, which can increase your stamina. The UI is ugly as hell right now, but I want to check with you guys any possible bugs. You can buy a futon, which increases max stress levels.
BALANCE

• Talking to a character while sleeping doesn't increase the daily mood boost.
  • Talking to a character while on the toilet, decreases her opinion on you.
  • There’s a 20% chance that these occur: Cleanliness goes down between 0-2 daily, or 1-3 if it rains. Maint. down 0-1 daily.
  • Mood for all residents decrease if the ryokan is dirty or poor maint. And the other way around, if high stats mood increases.
  • If the player has done an event with a character in a day, prevent from allowing an event from that character the same day even
BUGFIXES

• FROM EARLY ACCESS: Changed how cam events load so they no longer soft lock the game.
  • Prevent the player to open the menu while on some nigh screen / wani book.
  • You could get a character's Location as "Away from the Ryokan" and the hint saying "I should look for her now".
  • Routines schedules were not saved properly.
  • Sometimes you could get stuck during sex scenes because one bar wouldn't fill.
  • Pressing control while also clicking on dialogue, broke the correct sequences of events. Also passing dialogue with control is slower now on purpose.
  • Going from room to room is slightlyyyy slower, so it can load the room without glitching visually.
KNOWN BUGS

• STILL have the problem with the black screen when finishing an event and having to load another one, It's very inconsistent, can't replicate it easily so it will take me longer to track it. I'm very sorry, it's the thing that frustrates me the most right now.
  • Loading a save, going to title, and then starting a new game messes some things right now.
  • While in fullscreen, screenshot + video recording doesn't work. This is because of how Godot is made, won't have a solution any time soon.
  • If you have to sleep earlier because you are tired, tasks still give you money.
  • When pressing Control in an event and a fade in / fade out starts, and Control is released, it can mess up the fading.
  • If you try to load from an autosave in the middle of an event, it won't load correctly.
  • At night, when the mood updates bc of ryokan stats, multitude of popups appear making them unreadable.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
LoveInn-0.1.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Hapopo

Sep 7, 2018
Really love your artstyle man and it's nice to see someone dev in Godot, the engine has a lot of potential and this game is refreshing next to all the ren'py games !

I've had the blackscreen bug too after spending some time with Aya, it was the second time i tried reading mangas with her i think.

I might have had a bug too; i fucked Keiko's sister in the toilets and Aya told me something like "you can go and fuck all of the inn's girls for all i care!!!" even though i don't remember having that kind of talk with her.

Have you considered using shaders to highlight 3D models you're selecting ? i don't think it would be too hard this way, though it might not be the best looking way of showing which object you're interacting with. Maybe you could have a little animation when you get in range with the character, like a door starting to slide open ?

EDIT: the black screen thing might happen when clicking too fast ?

Last edited:

blobmaneatsme

Nov 10, 2017
I might have had a bug too; i fucked Keiko's sister in the toilets and Aya told me something like "you can go and fuck all of the inn's girls for all i care!!!" even though i don't remember having that kind of talk with her.
I had the same bug, I then had the Chiharu BJ scene where Aya bursts in so I think that the flags for those events have got swapped or something?

Otherwise Dev, loving the game so far. High quality and very focused design, the characters have a solid 90's anime feel to them and are very attractive.

If I could ask for one quality of life feature it would be the ability to see the maintenance and cleaning bars at the end of day screen and the ability to change tomorrows schedule then as well. I keep on forgetting to set it before going to bed and then night events send you straight to sleep without the ability to set it if you haven't set it before hand.

Also if your taking suggestions for late game upgrades for the Inn, My mind kept jumping to a lucky shrine that allowed you to bless one of your pervious guests with a sudden windfall (like a lottery ticket or promotion) so they come back the next day for a short notice holiday.

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
Really love your artstyle man and it's nice to see someone dev in Godot, the engine has a lot of potential and this game is refreshing next to all the ren'py games !

I've had the blackscreen bug too after spending some time with Aya, it was the second time i tried reading mangas with her i think.

EDIT: the black screen thing might happen when clicking too fast ?
Thanks a lot!! I agree, I love Godot and it has great potential, I really want to see it used more :giggle:

About the bug, I kind of have an idea what's going on, but since I can't replicate it easily (sometimes with the same conditions happens and sometimes it doesn't), I have a bit of a hard time narrowing it completely. Anyway I'm so tired of it (it's hindering my own enjoyment of the game when I play test) that I'll focus solely on it for the time being, and release a hotfix.
It totally could be an input thing, since I've only seen it happen when going really fast with Control + plus fast clicking. I'll have a deep look into it disabling input before the event ends and such.

There's two events required for this to trigger, having completed the previous one with Aya, and the lewd one with Chiharu. If you haven't played the Chiharu one, it's a bug then :unsure:

Have you considered using shaders to highlight 3D models you're selecting ? i don't think it would be too hard this way, though it might not be the best looking way of showing which object you're interacting with. Maybe you could have a little animation when you get in range with the character, like a door starting to slide open ?
I though about shaders, but I think mini pixel animations would look so much better!! Thanks for the idea :D

I had the same bug, I then had the Chiharu BJ scene where Aya bursts in so I think that the flags for those events have got swapped or something?
Sorry about the inconvenience. Hopefully I can fix it soon and release a hotfix and we can enjoy the game without breaking the immersion.

Otherwise Dev, loving the game so far. High quality and very focused design, the characters have a solid 90's anime feel to them and are very attractive.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!!

If I could ask for one quality of life feature it would be the ability to see the maintenance and cleaning bars at the end of day screen and the ability to change tomorrows schedule then as well. I keep on forgetting to set it before going to bed and then night events send you straight to sleep without the ability to set it if you haven't set it before hand.

Also if your taking suggestions for late game upgrades for the Inn, My mind kept jumping to a lucky shrine that allowed you to bless one of your pervious guests with a sudden windfall (like a lottery ticket or promotion) so they come back the next day for a short notice holiday.
Oh fuck that's a great idea!! I also when playing kept forgetting to change the schedules and kept missing shit I wanted to do haha that's great, will be in definitely.

Also yeah! I had a plan so you could call recurrent guests, but I like WAY more your idea. After I fill a bit more the base inn, when I get to 0.2.0 ("soonish"), I want to start expanding outside of it, so having a shrine in the back is a great great idea. Thank you!

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes