VN Ren'Py Love Season: Farmer's Dreams [v1.8] [MuseX]

4.20 star(s) 73 Votes

KOYLI

Oct 21, 2018
Will the time come when a developer will keep his word?
I'm afraid that, for many, Patreon seems to be a way of soliciting funding on the vague promise of something being done as and when they feel like it. We're now looking at over two months of funds being received from Patrons for no result whatsoever.
It seems to be becoming a bit like those "partwork" magazines where you subscribe every month and get a little pack of parts along with a magazine - the parts EVENTUALLY building up into a model. When you finish the model you realise you've paid over a thousand pounds for a model car !

Reactions: ann87ra

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I'm afraid that, for many, Patreon seems to be a way of soliciting funding on the vague promise of something being done as and when they feel like it. We're now looking at over two months of funds being received from Patrons for no result whatsoever.
It seems to be becoming a bit like those "partwork" magazines where you subscribe every month and get a little pack of parts along with a magazine - the parts EVENTUALLY building up into a model. When you finish the model you realise you've paid over a thousand pounds for a model car !
Says the free rider in the pirate forum... :KEK:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
WRONG ! Have been a Patron for several months now but am seriously considering cancelling
Oh my bad then. If you are unhappy you can unsubscribe. And you can later re subscribe.

I think development has been relatively good since november/december. But hey, you do you.

Last edited:

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
your analogy doesn't work, you're not paying for the partwork magazine, but you support financially the maker of it. and you can always buy a finished car model of the same type that the parts would allow you, or you can buy a kit and make it yourself.
when it comes to this game, there's no shop where you can buy this particular brand of game with the same details and characteristics, and the DIY approch would result even more costly.

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
your analogy doesn't work, you're not paying for the partwork magazine, but you support financially the maker of it.
Maybe if the current versions were always free for all to access, but that's not the case. So what the guy said makes sense. For this game here (and many others), you're paying for a visual novel that's built up piecemeal, with no guarantee it'll ever be finished.

If people want to support someone doing that, then more power to them, but I wouldn't do anything beyond a dollar or two at most. My feeling and I've said this on numerous occasions is that there's no way in hell I'm paying a sawbuck or something for a piece of a visual novel. I'll give them a buck monthly and download that shit here, and then if it's finished give them what the typical cost is for a premium visual novel.

Anyways, has the dev ever said how much is left on Farmer's Dreams? That shit really needs to be finished so this game can become the new focus. I won't even touch the RPG Maker game, and plus it doesn't have Nova, so it's automatically worse just from that.

The Nova scenes in this game are fucking hot though. Like, that scene where MC in bed with her like "No, Nova you don't do shit for me", and she like "Oh, really now?" and that underwear comes off and he flashes it to him like check this out then... Like damn Nova... Good shit right there. Probably one of the best younger girls in any game on this site, to be honest.

Real good stuff in this one though, and the dev writes good scenes. I'd gladly pay the dev 50 bucks or so if this ever gets finished.

duolaamm

Feb 13, 2020
your analogy doesn't work, you're not paying for the partwork magazine, but you support financially the maker of it. and you can always buy a finished car model of the same type that the parts would allow you, or you can buy a kit and make it yourself.
when it comes to this game, there's no shop where you can buy this particular brand of game with the same details and characteristics, and the DIY approch would result even more costly.
It's just that people don't realize that installment payments are more expensive .

4.20 star(s) 73 Votes