aris666

Jan 6, 2020
I might not have understood the background of those games I declared but still, I am simply stating what this looks like from the outside to a potential supporter who does not know you. I personally do background check on all devs/translators I choose to support.

I have to do that because right now, there is an abundance of creators who string their supporters along, not delivering on promises and procrastinating the development to get monthly income for as long as possible. This is the huge downside of subscription based crowdfunding, where the creator does not depend on making a great finished product but depend on stretching the development for as long as possible to keep raking in cash. More common than you think, devs shadow-abandon games, meaning they keep promising stuff will happen to keep supports going but end up just ghosting everyone in the end. I have seen patreons that haven't made a single update in months-years, still raking in a sizeable chunk of cash every month because their game used to be popular and they still have naive supporters who think they just might come back one day. That is the kind of douchebags this business is riddled with.

I can name at least 10+ well-known games, both erotic and non-erotic games that suffer from this horrible business model. Devs that receive almost a hundred thousand dollars every month, taking 10 years to make a game that looks and feels like it took 3. I hope you see where I am coming from, even if you are not one of those shady developers.

I'm sorry about you brother and I hope you get the possibility to finish those "abandoned" games at some point.
There are hundreds projects on patreon with minimal updates, which can take from 3 months to sometimes longer time. Much longer. Some of them get's rushed ending just to "be completed" even though it makes no sense in regards to the story. While this dev gives stable updates (in my case monthly updates for the steam version) with substantial content each update.

Of course, I would like this game to have a bit better art for the sex scenes (redraw of some older scenes maybe). It would elevate game by a lot.

But providing content in general is deffinetly not a problem in this game/dev case.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I might not have understood the background of those games I declared but still, I am simply stating what this looks like from the outside to a potential supporter who does not know you. I personally do background check on all devs/translators I choose to support.
You are doing your research - fine. But with proper research before supporting you would have noticed that

(a) this VN updates monthly and more for more than four years now without any hiccup

(b) after downloading and testing the game that the content is there

Instead you nitpick something from ages ago, which even if it were in context would not really be valid anymore, it's like telling a potential employee you cannot hire them because they tended to scream around in kindergarten.

But instead of asking a sensible calm question when something was still unclear and maybe shady, you decided to stomp in with the "How can anybody support this dev?" angle.

Andrealphus: I'd also like to extend my condolences for your loss.

MisterDuck

Aug 31, 2021
And you could also hold against me the unfinished available for free on itch.io that i started with my little brother (he was the artist) and stopped because he committed suicide three years ago.
My condolences Andrealphus, I'm truly sorry.

RE: Abandoned games

Going to be honest, I really don't care. Making Patreon games is a expensive task for unsure reward, if those other projects failed but Love and Sex made it big, then yeah, lets continue Love and Sex and as seen with the Tru Love announcement, I fully expect that the goal of Andrealphus here is to finish Love and Sex, earn himself a position as one of the few Big Ero Games that are completely finished and then move on Tru Love to continue repeating the Love and Sex model (Slice of Life Dating simulator with H Scenes and diversity of girls to date simultaneously) in another game.

Reactions: Andrealphus

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Actually TruLove will be like Leap of Love a game released fully finished ^^
I have a few ideas for DLCs if it does well so we will see how it goes.

Our next big game that will be ongoing like Love & Sex: Second Base will be Love & Sex: Third Base.

Lohengrin77

Dec 29, 2018

Our next big game that will be ongoing like Love & Sex: Second Base will be Love & Sex: Third Base.
Interesting. I guess Third Base will be a dating sim with updated mechanics and a new cast?

MisterDuck

Aug 31, 2021

But Third Base isn't a remake? I imagined something with a new cast.

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021

Love your projects, don't listen to any uncostructive critisizem. My condolnses for your loss.

Excuse my spelling mistakes I'm Bulgarian. Keep making more games. Leap of love was fun, but for now Love is s3x is the best game.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Wait this game is almost finished?? The game better not end before we get to marry Kylie also she still doesn't have any VA. Why???
Why would you think the game was almost finished when there are still 8 girls who haven't gotten marriage scenes? Of course Kylie is going to get a wedding scene and a voice actor.

Reactions: BanditoMarito

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Why would you think the game was almost finished when there are still 8 girls who haven't gotten marriage scenes? Of course Kylie is going to get a wedding scene and a voice actor.
It will depend on what you call "almost finished", I'd say. In absolute terms, there is still some way to go. In relative terms, many stories are finished or close to finishing, so most of the work is done. The Sagrada Familia in Barcelone will probably be completed in close to 6 years, that's a long time. Considering that's 6 out of 146 years of total building time, it's almost finished.

Edorath

Jul 14, 2017
It will depend on what you call "almost finished", I'd say. In absolute terms, there is still some way to go. In relative terms, many stories are finished or close to finishing, so most of the work is done. The Sagrada Familia in Barcelone will probably be completed in close to 6 years, that's a long time. Considering that's 6 out of 146 years of total building time, it's almost finished.
in this case it's less like the sagrada familia and more stopping to build it to then switch to a different building altogether, then stopping halfway through that one and switching to another, different building and then repeating that ad infinitum.
while this game is admittedly a pretty good one, it also suffers from an almost chronic lack of direction at times.
poor morgan and alexis were some of the first girls, alexis just got her ending and morgan has fuck all. meanwhile, they added like three or four different harems for no good reason whereas those should be a victory lap rather than something you add between girls.
first add individual content and endings, and then the group stuff.

Jan 5, 2018
Condolences to you and your family regarding your brother.

The only paid abandoned game in that list is Freakshow and that's because i lost around $10k on it if i had kept up with it i wouldn't be making games anymore because i would have gone bankrupt. It was episodic and not on patreon so people got exactly what they paid for, nothing more, nothing less.

Love & Sex was a proof of concept that i distributed for free on hongfire before starting work on Second Base (my first paid game).

I post new artworks and update about I Am Not A Slut! every few months, it's not because the admin here deem it abandoned that it is. In addition no one ever paid anything for it as i only released a free demo a while back.

And you could also hold against me the unfinished available for free on itch.io that i started with my little brother (he was the artist) and stopped because he committed suicide three years ago.

So no i never abandoned a game anyone paid me to finish despite what you think.

And maybe i could not make this forum shut that thread but i could stop interacting with people here which i don't. I am not ok with my games being distributed for free (I stated it before) but i can understand that people want to try it before paying (hell i was a member of similar forums before being a dev).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
in this case it's less like the sagrada familia and more stopping to build it to then switch to a different building altogether, then stopping halfway through that one and switching to another, different building and then repeating that ad infinitum.
Hmmm, he did that once, four years ago. Hardly "ad infinitum" if you asked me.

Donkeybong

Jan 26, 2019
The only paid abandoned game in that list is Freakshow and that's because i lost around $10k on it if i had kept up with it i wouldn't be making games anymore because i would have gone bankrupt. It was episodic and not on patreon so people got exactly what they paid for, nothing more, nothing less.

Love & Sex was a proof of concept that i distributed for free on hongfire before starting work on Second Base (my first paid game).

I post new artworks and update about I Am Not A Slut! every few months, it's not because the admin here deem it abandoned that it is. In addition no one ever paid anything for it as i only released a free demo a while back.

So no i never abandoned a game anyone paid me to finish despite what you think.

And maybe i could not make this forum shut that thread but i could stop interacting with people here which i don't. I am not ok with my games being distributed for free (I stated it before) but i can understand that people want to try it before paying (hell i was a member of similar forums before being a dev).
I tried to buy it on Itch.io but they would not take my pre-pay card. Sucks because I wanted to support this game but not have a direct tie to me so I bought a pre-pay Visa card with cash but Itch.io blocked me.

spartaan

Oct 6, 2020
Anyone else getting errors with Camila when asking about Viktor?

This is the error i'm getting:

Full traceback:
File "cl/class_event.rpyc", line 177, in script call
File "ch/camila/talk.rpyc", line 182, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1111, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/ch/camila/talk.rpy", line 182, in <module>
NameError: name 'do_activity' is not defined

While running game code:
File "game/ch/camila/talk.rpy", line 182, in <module>
NameError: name 'do_activity' is not defined

latest save file is attached as well.

EDIT: To clarify this is in version 22.6.0a

Last edited:

MisterDuck

Aug 31, 2021
poor morgan and alexis were some of the first girls
All in all, who are the most "neglected" girls?
As, get less content despite being in the time for long.
Morgan wins the contest in that its weird she still doesn't get a ending (and despite being a option in the Patreon poll rn, the other girls are more likely to win that one) IMO, but who can match her?
I know the very first girls were, of course, Sasha and Bree, but who more?

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
All in all, who are the most "neglected" girls?
As, get less content despite being in the time for long.
Morgan wins the contest in that its weird she still doesn't get a ending (and despite being a option in the Patreon poll rn, the other girls are more likely to win that one) IMO, but who can match her?
I know the very first girls were, of course, Sasha and Bree, but who more?
How the FUCK does Morgan NOT have an ending but Alexis does? Yeah I get she's gone through TRAUMA and we should forgive her. but honestly the trauma event isn't done that well at all. Like I don't buy that someone who went through a traumatic experience like she did would behave the way she honestly does. She's honestly probably the worse character in the game. Kylie still doesn't even have any VA lines are there any other girls that still don't have VA's for them.

serscrambles

Feb 3, 2018
I got the eggplant and full date bar but still getting only getting "it was nice" at the end of dates. Is this a bug? Do the cheats fuck with this new system?

Reactions: MisterDuck
3.60 star(s) 286 Votes