MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
Can anyone upload a screenshot of the new Kleio? With so much debate going it'd be nice to have a visual reference without having to go ingame.

AnHorse

Aug 2, 2018
This feels a lot laggier than it used to
I wanted to play with no cheats but the loop of which places you have to visit everyday is such an annoying amount of clicking just to keep up with basic needs and money making

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Reactions: Necronlord3

Skarr

Feb 16, 2018
Reactions: Druid2k

Skarr

Feb 16, 2018
Maybe one day we can have a PC version with the framerate ploblem finally dealt with? Looks like they just don't care : "we don't know where the problem come from"... Wow...
Too bad 'cause this game is unique and very promising !! Hoping that the final version will be very different (if there's one in the future) :)

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Totally agree... The third one is great but the second is just horrible... the eyes !! Seriously... and this is not the only character like that : all of them are completely different on the CGs... there is no regularity in the art style, it's lame...
Apparently they have 3 different artists because no single artist can keep up with their demand for posses and images in a timely manner. So they've basically got a jumble of 3 different art styles.

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Apparently they have 3 different artists because no single artist can keep up with their demand for posses and images in a timely manner. So they've basically got a jumble of 3 different art styles.
Yes there are 3 artists:
- One is working on the sprites (images you see during dialogues): Kleio was the last one not by him
- All three work on CGs
I don't see anyone complaining about the amount of content we can put out every months thanks to that way of working and appart from a few complainers here people are pretty happy with the game as we can see thanks to:
- 92% good reviews on steam
- 22nd/4000 adult game on Patreon
- 5 star rating on itch.io

Sotillo

Jun 28, 2020
Yes there are 3 artists:
- One is working on the sprites (images you see during dialogues): Kleio was the last one not by him
- All three work on CGs
I don't see anyone complaining about the amount of content we can put out every months thanks to that way of working and appart from a few complainers here people are pretty happy with the game as we can see thanks to:
- 92% good reviews on steam
- 22nd/4000 adult game on Patreon
- 5 star rating on itch.io

There is an old saying that goes “criticism is kindness in disguise”.

This game is successful because the best part of the game, without a doubt, is the writing, but the weakest part is the sprites.

The first time I tried the game I uninstalled it in the first minute. Audrey's sprite seemed bad and I decided not to give it a try, thinking that since the most important part of date-sims is usually the graphics, the rest would be just as bad.

After a while I decided to give it a second chance and I was surprised how well it was written, the girls seem more than just dolls ready to fall in love whatever you do, you can even chase only one and ignore the others. That made me buy it on Steam without hesitation and it still seems like a good buy to me.

The sprites of Emma, Morgan, Angela or the new backgrounds of the house, or even the aquarium, let's compare them with the new Kleio's sprite, the difference in quality is too obvious.

I am not criticizing Kleio's redesign or the game as a whole. I am simply saying that she is poorly drawn. Her chin, her eyes, her hands, her top, her arms. It is simply wrong.

Kleio is still a cool well written character (the Brujah in me likes her). Unfortunately now she physically resembles the goth-punk sister of the ugly guy from The Goonies.

3.60 star(s) 286 Votes