Others Love x Holic ~Miwaku no Otome to Hakudaku Kankei~ And its spin-off Mama x Holic ~Miwaku no Mama to Ama Ama Kankei~

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
+1 also, anybody having isssues running this? I click the start.exe but the game just wont run. Brief loading ring and then nothing.

Got my non-unicode set to japanese, not using any locale emus on top of that.

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
+1 also, anybody having isssues running this? I click the start.exe but the game just wont run. Brief loading ring and then nothing.

Got my non-unicode set to Japanese, not using any locale emus on top of that.
  • Try deleting/removing install.inf in the main project directory.
  • Very important: Make sure to run the game with a locale emulator even if you are already set your locale to Japanese-Japan.
  • For older versions of Windows, try not setting the locale to Japan but using only the locale emulator. On newer versions of Windows, the locale it does not matter, but it does for sure on Win 7.
  • These weird quirks to get it to run seems to be an issue with either the Atelier Kaguya games in general or with the noDVD patches distributed with them.
Does anyone know how to extract a Altier Kaguya game like this so I can MTL it with GPT-4.0?
The text strings can be extracted from message.dat using MsgTool.exe from using shift_jis encoding. That will create a file called message.txt. For each pair, translate the bottom entry and leave the top one alone. Insert new lines with \n. Then use MsgTool to repackage the entries in message.txt to message.dat so the game can load them. If you are serious about using GPT-4.0, then message me back if you need help/guidance getting anything to work.

General information:
For anyone not aware of it, there is a translation tread for MamaHolic by S1nner.
UI patch:
Alt sounds patch:
There is also a patch and the base game is available on .

General information:
MTL, post and new sounds at .

There is a third alternative retelling of the above two games that was more recently released called Pure x Holic that has a TL by me done via Sugoi Offline Translator v4.0 (not to be confused with SugoiVisualNovel ).

Reactions: Porkman

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
  • Try deleting/removing install.inf in the main project directory.
  • Very important: Make sure to run the game with a locale emulator even if you are already set your locale to Japanese-Japan.
  • For older versions of Windows, try not setting the locale to Japan but using only the locale emulator. On newer versions of Windows, the locale it does not matter, but it does for sure on Win 7.
  • These weird quirks to get it to run seems to be an issue with either the Atelier Kaguya games in general or with the noDVD patches distributed with them.
It has been ages, but I think I fixed it by setting my clock to japanese as well. Not 100% sure though, it has fallen from my memory.

It definitely was something about altering your regions, with clock being the most probable.

Reactions: Entai2965

Zjun

Aug 29, 2019
Anybody have a download for the Japanese version of mama x holic? The one posted a few pages ago is dead now.