Others Love x Holic ~Miwaku no Otome to Hakudaku Kankei~ And its spin-off Mama x Holic ~Miwaku no Mama to Ama Ama Kankei~

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Anybody have a download for the Japanese version of mama x holic? The one posted a few pages ago is dead now.
Are you talking about this one? The mediafire link works fine. It is also available on Ryuugames. The link for the Ryuu one and the MTL for it is in my post above yours.

Hexadraconis

Sep 6, 2021
  • Try deleting/removing install.inf in the main project directory.
  • Very important: Make sure to run the game with a locale emulator even if you are already set your locale to Japanese-Japan.
  • For older versions of Windows, try not setting the locale to Japan but using only the locale emulator. On newer versions of Windows, the locale it does not matter, but it does for sure on Win 7.
  • These weird quirks to get it to run seems to be an issue with either the Atelier Kaguya games in general or with the noDVD patches distributed with them.

The text strings can be extracted from message.dat using MsgTool.exe from using shift_jis encoding. That will create a file called message.txt. For each pair, translate the bottom entry and leave the top one alone. Insert new lines with \n. Then use MsgTool to repackage the entries in message.txt to message.dat so the game can load them. If you are serious about using GPT-4.0, then message me back if you need help/guidance getting anything to work.

General information:
For anyone not aware of it, there is a translation tread for MamaHolic by S1nner.
UI patch:
Alt sounds patch:
There is also a patch and the base game is available on .

General information:
MTL, post and new sounds at .

There is a third alternative retelling of the above two games that was more recently released called Pure x Holic that has a TL by me done via Sugoi Offline Translator v4.0 (not to be confused with SugoiVisualNovel ).
You wouldn't happen to have the SVN MTL file would you? Their site seems to be down.

Realhunter312

Nov 26, 2017
Does anyone have a download for the Japanese version of Love X Holic? For some reason I can't get the Ryuugames link to work.

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Does anyone have a download for the Japanese version of Love X Holic? For some reason I can't get the Ryuugames link to work.
The ryuu link works fine. Must be a local issue. Anyway, here is a mirror. It is the same version as on ryuu, but without the password.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheVagrant

May 23, 2018
hmm this is odd I can't get either game to start up after I finish installing it. I am running the Japanese Local and Japanese Unicode. There is no error or anything. Just has the blue circle for a few seconds and then nothing.

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
hmm this is odd I can't get either game to start up after I finish installing it. I am running the Japanese Local and Japanese Unicode. There is no error or anything. Just has the blue circle for a few seconds and then nothing.
There are known issues with games from AK BB not starting to due locale issues. There are few things you can try. There are some reports of people able to make it work by changing the regional time format. There was also another report of complete incompatibility with Windows 11 due to known locale issues in Windows 11.
- Tested working on Windows 10 21H2, 22H2, and Windows 7 with a locale emulator. Windows 7 and 8.1U initially did not work, but changing the locale from Japanese-Japan to English (United States) and then using a locale emulator made Windows 7 work. Changing the locale from Japan->US in Windows 8.1 was not tested but probably would have worked. Windows 10 21H2 and 22H2 ran fine as both local=Japan, locale=US, but a locale emulator was still required.
- Basically, a locale emulator is always required and the locale must not be Japan on older versions of Windows. Alternatively, if just a locale emulator does not work, then there are reports that adjusting the date/time to Japan worked for some. . Refer to step #3, "Regional format." At least some of Atelier Kaguya's other games are like this, so this is a known issue for VNs from this developer.
Unrelated: There is no such thing as "Japanese Unicode". It is either Unicode or it is not. The alternative to unicode are ansi code pages like cp932 which is the code page Windows uses for Japanese. To check the currently active code page, open a command prompt and type "chcp".

TheVagrant

May 23, 2018
There are known issues with games from AK BB not starting to due locale issues. There are few things you can try. There are some reports of people able to make it work by changing the regional time format. There was also another report of complete incompatibility with Windows 11 due to known locale issues in Windows 11.

Unrelated: There is no such thing as "Japanese Unicode". It is either Unicode or it is not. The alternative to unicode are ansi code pages like cp932 which is the code page Windows uses for Japanese. To check the currently active code page, open a command prompt and type "chcp".
Ah the unicode thing was me copying what someone else who was helping me said. Either way I've tried the time thing among other things. After trying to the demos on dlsite I think it just hates my computer so I'm probably just going to give up on it.

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Try changing the locale back to English (US). That worked for Windows 7. If your non-Windows 11 computer has any weird settings from messing with it a lot, that should also undo them.

TheVagrant

May 23, 2018
Try changing the locale back to English (US). That worked for Windows 7. If your non-Windows 11 computer has any weird settings from messing with it a lot, that should also undo them.
So I tried going back and even getting a locale emulator. Starting it normal does nothing like expected but using the emulator gets a japanese error which translates to "System data loading failed!"