zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
If Sasha's story needed Prim and Layla to continue her story then I would think it means they are relevant for Sasha's story right? You learn Melanie is Hanna's mentor from the first time you see Hanna in Prim's story too and the second event in Prim's story about Melanie he doesn't recognize her because he's never actually seen what she looks like. The white strawberries isn't retconned at all. Prim explains what she knows of them which is very little. She doesn't know what novas or really much about mayors at all outside the rumors said in the town. She only knows they were grown by her father and her mother ate them. And Iris shows up because she is looking for them since she has the same condition that Prim's mom had, but there are none left. Prim was reminiscing the past about the strawberries during the picnic event while Iris shows up to actually find them. And the rest is explained in the story. Some events can be avoided because it is optional content while others can't because it is important content for that character's main story.
You only get half points for what you said about Sasha's story needing Primrose. Just because a story doesn't *supposedly* need a different character for it, that doesn't mean that there doesn't need to be narrative cohesion. Why are you assuming I'm referring to when you actually meet Maud? I never said that. I was referring to a different event entirely where you see...see? hear? whatever, you "see" Hanna getting spoken to by Maud and the MC doesn't know it's Maud, despite already knowing about Maud from Sasha (if you do Sasha's story first). You can make the argument "well MC can't be sure it's Maud, having never interacted with her before", but that would be a bad argument when context clues tell you the player very blatantly that it's Maud.
The white strawberries were absolutely retconned. They weren't grown (intentionally) by her father until Iris comes. When Primrose tells us the story of the white strawberries, she says that her mother and father liked to picnic in the place he proposed to her and that, because he liked strawberries, her mother would usually bring some. Then one time, he'd left some strawberries on the ground (by accident, I'm pretty sure?), and eventually they'd sprouted and were a lighter shade (I'm pretty sure it said pink, but maybe not immediately). When Maurinne saw that, she started taking care of the plants and they kept getting lighter and lighter until they turned white. Then, after the accident, nobody continued to take care of them, and the patch died out.

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
You only get half points for what you said about Sasha's story needing Primrose. Just because a story doesn't *supposedly* need a different character for it, that doesn't mean that there doesn't need to be narrative cohesion. Why are you assuming I'm referring to when you actually meet Maud? I never said that. I was referring to a different event entirely where you see...see? hear? whatever, you "see" Hanna getting spoken to by Maud and the MC doesn't know it's Maud, despite already knowing about Maud from Sasha (if you do Sasha's story first). You can make the argument "well MC can't be sure it's Maud, having never interacted with her before", but that would be a bad argument when context clues tell you the player very blatantly that it's Maud.
The white strawberries were absolutely retconned. They weren't grown (intentionally) by her father until Iris comes. When Primrose tells us the story of the white strawberries, she says that her mother and father liked to picnic in the place he proposed to her and that, because he liked strawberries, her mother would usually bring some. Then one time, he'd left some strawberries on the ground (by accident, I'm pretty sure?), and eventually they'd sprouted and were a lighter shade (I'm pretty sure it said pink, but maybe not immediately). When Maurinne saw that, she started taking care of the plants and they kept getting lighter and lighter until they turned white. Then, after the accident, nobody continued to take care of them, and the patch died out.
What would be really helpful is if you actually said which event you were referring to. But I was just listing an example of one event she is in. In the Hanna event Lucky is neutral about it. He doesn't say he knows or doesn't know, he is just responding to the actions that are happening currently. The event I was referring to was the water tower event which is seeing her glow for the first time, but she is doing most of the talking anyway. In terms of the strawberries that isn't a retcon. Again you were told information by Prim of what she knew in her knowledge which she knew very little of the truth about them. Thats why she was so adamant in learning about them and why she got so upset when she learned the truth...... Thats how a story goes. You are given some information, then as the story progresses you discover more about it and find out the truth. And in this case Prim was not told by her father what they were actually for. Nobody could make them because only her father could actually create them which you learn from Hanna the process of making them.

ermenegildo2014

Jun 7, 2018
The first two years of development I could barely dedicate time to the game, right now the updates are almost 10 times bigger than back then, plus I already made a general improvement to the game with much better UI (old one was very archaic), each update brings new features, including new interactions and some secondary girls, gallery, etc... that takes time. this is not a linear VN, I have always wanted to keep the player's freedom and that requires a lot of testing.

At the beginning the patches were only 2000 words, some without animations, the graphics were much worse than now and there were many more problems, but they took less time to be released.

Right now my focus is on adding the content that was missing for years, I don't plan to make a remaster, at least in the short term... Maybe touch up some old scenes, but I don't know yet if I should spend time on that.

I also think that even though the game already shows an age, I feel that the positive thing is that I want to keep that unique style in the game. The easy way would be to switch from HS1 to HS2, and do something with more generic models and stuff, but I feel that would kill the soul of the game.
"You're doing a great job and the interface looks way better now. Keep it up!"

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
In terms of the strawberries that isn't a retcon. Again you were told information by Prim of what she knew in her knowledge which she knew very little of the truth about them. Thats why she was so adamant in learning about them and why she got so upset when she learned the truth...... Thats how a story goes. You are given some information, then as the story progresses you discover more about it and find out the truth. And in this case Prim was not told by her father what they were actually for. Nobody could make them because only her father could actually create them which you learn from Hanna the process of making them.
You're still wrong, because it's explicitly said once Iris gets there that the father was cultivating the white strawberries, and that he was the only one who knew how. Which then all of a sudden is something Primrose knows about too. Her father *cultivating* them is vastly different from "my mom (and SPECIFICALLY the mom) watered these weird pink strawberries and then they eventually turned white for some reason".

stumblingfool2002

Mar 10, 2023
This is perhaps the first visual novel I ever played. It has been an enjoyable journey! Thank you Strawer! Looking forward to you finishing the game. I personally don't mind the look at all and treat it as an aesthetic. Very nice of you to keep the game free. The game is wholesome, engaging and hot. A very wide selection of girls.

My only gripe is with the witch girl, I wish we saw more of like a freaky side, I didn't expect her to be a total sexual amateur. Could you add more stocking options for the girls? and heels maybe? That's all. Again, thank you for Lucky Paradox!!

stumblingfool2002

Mar 10, 2023
Also, could you add more modest dressing for Layla? her story is awesome but it's hard to take it serious because of her outfit (big hooters in a bikini).

My fav girls are Charlotte and Sasha.

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes