Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Luke's Way Gallery Mod [v0.31] [OEJ]

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
It'll take a while, this time, I need to figure out a way to make these scenes available, in all their intended glory, without starting each off with like 5 questions to set variables... :/ (scene progress highly depends on prior decisions, this time...)

Also, "demands" really don't work with stuff I do in my off time... if you know what I mean ;)
Take the time you need, no problem for me kk but

why the problem with those questions??

in a way I think its better to ask those questions, or better yet it might be a good idea to show the relevant true/false statements just before the selected scene starts. And make common T/F statements (those that cover more then one scene at once) showing like if they were gallery settings.

Trminator

May 3, 2017
why the problem with those questions??

in a way I think its better to ask those questions, or better yet it might be a good idea to show the relevant true/false statements just before the selected scene starts. And make common T/F statements (those that cover more then one scene at once) showing like if they were gallery settings.
Well, to make it gallery settings, it's not "common" enough. And asking a bunch of true-false questions at the start of each gallery scene means people need to remember which versions they already saw, in order to see them all ... might(!) be better to add the scenes as seperate entities... but I'll figure that out, soon ish ;)

hds666

Feb 6, 2020
Well, to make it gallery settings, it's not "common" enough. And asking a bunch of true-false questions at the start of each gallery scene means people need to remember which versions they already saw, in order to see them all ... might(!) be better to add the scenes as seperate entities... but I'll figure that out, soon ish ;)
Maybe you could put an option in the gallery that calls a screen with the options like the gallery in Long Live The Princess (in that game the screen runs with every replay, probably not your cup of tea).

LongLiveThePrincess.JPG

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
hds666 post showed the base for my idea :)

The "might(!) be better to add the scenes as seperate entities" its a great idea too kk the fastest one to finish things lol.

game is at v29 already, fast!!! if they continue as fast as this you might really need to add all scenes as separated entities to be able to catch them lol

Last edited:

Trminator

May 3, 2017
Well, turns out, it is all way less problematic than I thought. Most of the branching in v0.28.1 is due to the fact that you basically get the "other" side of the events with Vanessa (the waitress) or a repeat (depending on wether you visited her with Michelle or Rachel in v26/v27)... So, the only "new" thing is, that you get a threesome/foursome at the former end of the path with Michelle. So, I moved that scene and the two new ones (with branching inside, as usual) onto a seperate page in the gallery, and cleaned up the page-menu a bit, to allow for a 9th page. Hope you like the gallery and also hope there's no errors in the code, but for me, it ran smoothly through all scenes, so it hopefully should be fine.

Trminator

May 3, 2017
the fastest one to finish things lol.

game is at v29 already, fast!!! if they continue as fast as this you might really need to add all scenes as separated entities to be able to catch them lol
... and posts like this, demanding free things, in a hurry, are the reason modders just stop caring, and just mod for their own use. Just think about it for a minute, maybe? :)

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
:eek::oops:oih oih sorry if you interpreted that in the wrong way. I was just joking, not demanding anything.
And I though of being kind enough to tell some ideas to help you think about it, nothing more. nothing less.

Though I am not proficient on the programing languages you all use, to make this games and mods, I know very well that things take their time to be done. Doing them too fast and it might create more problems then solve them.

Stay cool :cautious:(y)(y)

Edit: ah most important, thanks for the update on the mod. never forget thanking ppl

Balthasar-Gelt

Aug 5, 2021
Sorry, that it took me so long, again, to update this. Here you go, Updated Gallery (2 new scenes, 1 (potential) foursome, 1 (potential) threesome.)
Thanks for the update but I found a bug in the gallery:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/v0.20.rpy", line 3032, in <module>
NameError: name 'v20_g_strapon' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "v0.20.rpyc", line 3032, in script
  File "D:\Game\Lukesway0.30a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\Game\Lukesway0.30a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Game\Lukesway0.30a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Apr 25 14:18:51 2022

Trminator

May 3, 2017
Thanks for the update but I found a bug in the gallery:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "v0.20.rpyc", line 3032, in script
  File "D:\Game\Lukesway0.30a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\Game\Lukesway0.30a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Game\Lukesway0.30a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Apr 25 14:18:51 2022
Err, v0.20.rpy is one of the original game files... and back then, OEJ was still doing the gallery... I'll take a look at this, but I'd guess that, if it IS in fact an issue with the gallery, it's been there for more than 18 months ;)

EDIT: well, the quoted error is definitly not caused by the Gallery addon, since it brings it's own copy of the code, in the gallery.rpy... but I searched for that variable, and found it might in fact be undefined, depending on how you play that scene. so, for now, here's a fixed version:

Last edited: