ThorFirehawk

Dec 28, 2016
Unsurprising to see that this dumpster fire still pushes it's Patreon bullshit as hard as it possibly can while still being able to be called a "game." The shilling I'm seeing in this thread is also very impressive.

Devs, you have a good thing here. If it weren't for the bountiful paywalls for even things as simple as QoL stuff, you'd easily have one of the most popular and well-liked games on the site. Right now it just looks like you don't actually care about the game, but the money you'll be raking from Patreon supporters. It's downright predatory, and it doesn't make you look good.

rambool

Jun 8, 2018
Half game is "BECOME A PATRON!!!!111" buttons. Seriuosly, i get it, patreon is nice but... Want to skip - become a patron! Want walkthrough - become a patron!!! Want some more content - becooome da paaatrooonnn mudafuka!!!((999 On each screen, everywhere. Im glad it didnt demand patronship to quit it.

drebin

May 1, 2017
Honestly I'm only watching this so I can see a fresh batch of comments every update.

But anyone else shocked he has 346 patrons? Seems high considering the stunt he's trying to pull.
Why exactly are you shocked? He's basically doing the mobile gaming tactic. In other words, by forcing the transaction down people's throat, you don't need to give a shit about the majority, and only have to fish out the so called "whales", who don't even flinch about spending this amount of cash. The initial outcry only helped him reach those customers.

The paywall being egregious and irritating people doesn't mean he won't make money, it just means there's an upper limit on what he can reach in the long run.

Edit: Very funny Tit. I'm sure you agree you sarcastic ass.

Last edited:

Lance231

Jan 6, 2018
What drebin said. By forcing that paywell bullshit he managed to get more money from his "few" supporters BUT, and here comes the thing that kills his future, by doing the same thing he managed to get so much hate among the common players that he will no get big like other games (Roundscape Adorevia comes to mind).

In short he gets more money on short notice but destroys his potential as a "big" developer in the long run cause his "fanbase" hates him.

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
ok, no i dont want forced to be a Patreon. i understand it but you overdue it, im out

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
If it weren't for the bountiful paywalls for even things as simple as QoL stuff, you'd easily have one of the most popular and well-liked games on the site. Right now it just looks like you don't actually care about the game, but the money you'll be raking from Patreon supporters.
First, I download like everyone here and only support some games (the ones I like more) but:
Good reviews on the site and thousands of people playing with only a few paying vs Bad reviews and haters but a lot more people paying and supporting with real money his work. I don't know, but I can understand him/them.

I could live with the hate of anonymous people when I can pay my bills with the supporters I have from my work.

As I understand it's a good game with amazing art. I get this is a pirate site, but to me this game having so low rating seems like giving an indie game in steam bad reviews because it charges money, is not serious.

Last edited:

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
First, I download like everyone here and only support some games (the ones I like more) but:
Good reviews on the site and thousands of people playing with only a few paying vs Bad reviews and haters but a lot more people paying and supporting with real money his work. I don't know, but I can understand him/them.

I could live with the hate of anonymous people when I can pay my bills with the supporters I have from my work.

As I understand it's a good game with amazing art. I get this is a pirate site, but to me this game having so low rating seems like giving an indie game in steam bad reviews because it charges money, is not serious.
the art is good and thats it besides that the game is as hamstringed as can be and is on ea levels of forcing his patron down your throat.
Simple features are locked behind a paywall like saves or text skipping.
It has drm on the gallery so you need a internet connection to replay already played scenes.
the only people this dev gets to pay for his triple a level greed based game is the paypigs and whales who dont care and will pay regardless but it will mean he will hit his max very very quickly since every other potential supporter will most likely get put off by the dev his nonsense

Reactions: flamie and TitDang

drebin

May 1, 2017

My dood you are comparing a one time purchase indie game on steam, to a recurring purchase until the end of time on patreon. It ain't the same thing.

The whole marketing thing doesn't care about hate, it cares about income and longevity. In that regard this project could have been handled a whole lot better.

Last edited:
Reactions: flamie and TitDang

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with your points on the questionable paywall (And I think in the end F95 offers visibility to a lot of projects and allow more people to support on Patreon).
But it's sad how I see some projects with a lot of fans here and good reviews, but just barely reach 1000 dollars per month on Patreon (or even less), which isn't really enough honestly for one developer, with two or more it basically has to become a part time job. It really suck when some good games become abandoned be it for a mix of lack of income, developers becoming burned out, etc. Is not the case with every game fortunately, but yeah, I hope you know where i'm coming from.

The Drm and lack of basic features on the public version to force the people who like the game to support is a bit questionable, but if it allows them to continually live of the game and regularly update, I would have not an issue giving a mere 2$. If you think of the public version as if it were a demo, is not that bad.

1.80 star(s) 82 Votes