disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
I tried this. I know all the tricks and workarounds for programs. I wouldn't have bothered you if I could've fixed it on my own.

Edit: I can confirm in Task Manager (both executables) when launched are listed for a second before it closes. The game is not launched, and no log is generated.
I think I saw in another thread this happens if someone is double-clicking the executable inside the zip file. Any chance you're somehow doing that?

drunkenrioter

Sep 13, 2021

Greetings, everyone!

It's been a long time waiting, but finally, we have released Lust Academy v0.2.2!
After this gruesome battle against technical issues and code errors - we can relax and enjoy playing Lust Academy.
In case you're wondering what this game has to offer, here are some key points:
In Lust Academy v0.2.2 you can find:
  • Over 2300 high-quality renders. +1100 new renders!
  • Over 130 high-quality 60fps animations. +55 new animations!
  • Almost 5 hours of playtime. Win weekly house competition to win a trip to Dale. This town has a lot to offer.
  • Exciting and unique plot. Approximately 75 000 words of the story revolve around magic, college life, romance, and fun. It is heavily inspired by Harry Potter and dozens of other popular fiction.
  • 5 mini-games! +1 new!
  • 34 unique and potentially romanceable characters. +12 beautiful characters from Dale.
  • Our new key feature: custom-made comfortable user interface.
  • Quest Log and Fast Travel. With the new UI these options got even more convenient.
  • Free roam. We do not force the player into any sexual interaction with the characters.
  • LGBTQ+ options. You can enable occasional LGBTQ+ options for some of the characters.
This release took us a really really long time. And we hated it. We are all players, just like you, and we know how frustrated you can get waiting for new content for ages. We don't have a Time-Turner like Hermione to fix mistakes, but we dare to promise you that you won't be waiting that long for Lust Academy v0.3.1 release!:
We know that storywise the game lucks focus, but all those juicy renders, animations, and other changes were needed to set the fundament of the game.
Now we can start building a magical paradise we've always aimed to create. We want to speed up the development process and focus on developing character routes and romantic encounters. We're also going to expand the main story greatly.

Here's the complete list of things planned for Lust Academy v0.3.1:
  • 540 HD renders
  • 27 60fps animations
  • New scenes for Haley, Samantha, Audrey, Vanessa, Sabrina & Molly
  • New plot-driving scenes
  • One new romanceable character
  • Reworked map
  • Improved sound design
  • Improved dialogues
That's all the information we have for you now, but you can always check out our weekly dev blog for news.
As always, thank you for your interest and support for Lust Academy.
Bear in the Night
So I don't want to sound like a whiny asshole, but when you say "Improved dialogues", do you mean you guys are also going back to old dialogues to fix them? 'Cus I finally sat down and tried to play 0.2.2c and the writing was such a mess that I couldn't even get past the prologue. Though the clarity of your update posts gave me hope, the writing in the game itself (at least at the start) is SHOCKINGLY clumsy. Still interested in the game, but I can't get over that hangup. I really hope it's fixed.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Hello and welcome to Lust Academy weekly dev. Update!
Have you heard what happened when the fire wizard entered a pool?
It turned into a hot tub!

Now, we envy him so much because we had no time for neither pool nor hot tub! That's because we were working on Lust Academy, and here's what's been done this week:
Lust Academy V.0.2.2.:
  • Fixed minor bugs and errors we found in the public version.
  • Fixed a bug with Adele scene navigation.
  • Fixed a logical bug with Dale-ly apartments.
Lust Academy V.0.3.1.:
  • Prepared a skeleton for V.0.3.1. alpha build.
  • Re-retouched some renders.
  • Finished the character info tab.
  • Finished the Quest log.
  • Started working on sound design.
Lust Academy V.0.4.1.:
  • Finished 70 new lovely rendes for Naomi & Sabrina.
  • Retouched 60 new renders to add some special magical touches.
  • Finished 2 new juicy animations for Naomi & Sadira.
Lust Academy V.0.5.1.:
  • Finished plot base for V.0.5.1.
  • Finished Samanthas and Giants storylines for V.0.5.1
Well, yeah, that's it. It may seem crazy that we are working on four releases simultaneously, but it's really not. Since we had those development problems earlier, we had plenty of time to move forward, especially storywise.

We don't want to give any promises just now in order not to jinx it, so let me just say - there may still be some pleasant surprises in October.
Intrigued? Then keep in touch for more information and have a great week!
Always thankful for your love and support,
Bear in the Night.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
So I don't want to sound like a whiny asshole, but when you say "Improved dialogues", do you mean you guys are also going back to old dialogues to fix them? 'Cus I finally sat down and tried to play 0.2.2c and the writing was such a mess that I couldn't even get past the prologue. Though the clarity of your update posts gave me hope, the writing in the game itself (at least at the start) is SHOCKINGLY clumsy. Still interested in the game, but I can't get over that hangup. I really hope it's fixed.
Hey!
Maybe you can give some examples? Cuz it hard to change anything or fix smth if we do not understand the problem

Reactions: Nerttu

drunkenrioter

Sep 13, 2021
Hey!
Maybe you can give some examples? Cuz it hard to change anything or fix smth if we do not understand the problem
Sure thing. The main issue I've found is that though the dialogue is usually understandable, it doesn't read at all like something someone would actually say.

This is everything I've noticed didn't flow well from the start of the game to the point where you eavesdrop on Don and Olivia's conversation about the letter (spelling errors are kept as is), as well as example changes that- to me, at least- improve the flow of dialogue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On their own, these little problems aren't the worst things in the world, but they add up- and if the rest of the game continues in the same vein, I'd be tearing my hair out after every three boxes of dialogue.

Again, I don't presume to tell you how to make your game. I'm not the writer and I'm not the proofreader. I just think that with some polish- more generous use of contractions, matching dialogue to the character's current mood, cleaner punctuation, and so on- the writing could really shine.

Regardless of what you make of this, I hope things work out for you guys whether I'm playing the game or not.

petertavy

Aug 21, 2020
This problem of saves from old versions being disabled: Does it mean that we have to restart
from the beginning every time there is a new version? It is illogical for the load menu to
offer saves from older versions if these are disabled.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Sure thing. The main issue I've found is that though the dialogue is usually understandable, it doesn't read at all like something someone would actually say.

This is everything I've noticed didn't flow well from the start of the game to the point where you eavesdrop on Don and Olivia's conversation about the letter (spelling errors are kept as is), as well as example changes that- to me, at least- improve the flow of dialogue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On their own, these little problems aren't the worst things in the world, but they add up- and if the rest of the game continues in the same vein, I'd be tearing my hair out after every three boxes of dialogue.

Again, I don't presume to tell you how to make your game. I'm not the writer and I'm not the proofreader. I just think that with some polish- more generous use of contractions, matching dialogue to the character's current mood, cleaner punctuation, and so on- the writing could really shine.

Regardless of what you make of this, I hope things work out for you guys whether I'm playing the game or not.
Hey!
Thanks for your comments and examples!
We are open to any suggestions and try to make our product better, so no worry about this :)
I'll send everything to our writer :)

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
This problem of saves from old versions being disabled: Does it mean that we have to restart
from the beginning every time there is a new version? It is illogical for the load menu to
offer saves from older versions if these are disabled.
Hey!
Which version did you play before this one?
There was some problem with the saves for 0.2.1, but since that, all saves worked well

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Welcome to Lust Academy's Halloween Costume Contest finals!
We present you four beautiful women who got to the finals! Do you feel the tension in the air? It's because the stakes are very high! All four contestants tried really hard to impress you, our dear judges.
Yes, it's right: your vote will determine who will win the contest and the grand title: the Queen of Halloween (the results would be published on 7 November)
It's up to you to decide!

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
is there a combat system ?
Yes,
Practice with Victoria to improve spellcasting and strength of spells.
(would recommend Combat Bolt <No cooldown> and Rictusempra <1 turn cooldown But small chance to stun rival>
Build up a stock of "Lesser Heal Potions" <You can use potion AND still cast a spell>
In duels I alternate between Combat Bolt and Rictusempra, <Starting with Combat Bolt>
(And drink potions when or if required)
Try to at or just before 100%
Pay close attention to the damage you cause,
If you cause little or no damage you have clicked too late !
Use the "Back" button and recast the spell

OR just make a save before talking to Jacob

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Welcome to our weekly dev update!
First of all, I have a confession to make:
As a wizard, I enjoy turning objects into glass.
Just wanted to make that clear.

Now, when your stomachs are aching from laughing at that smart joke, we're ready to talk about how the work on Lust Academy has been going:
  • Added 75 beautiful renders with Victoria, Naomi, and Sadira.
  • Made unique renders for the Halloween beauty contest. Check it out and vote for the winner:
  • Released Lust Academy v0.3.1. Alpha. More on that here:
  • Retouched 90 renders with Victoria and Haley to be sure that magic feels authentic and breathtaking.
  • Remade 26 renders for Sabrina, Haley, and Victoria to take them to another level of visual perfection.
  • Reworked some old dialogues to make them more lively and realistic. Special thanks to everyone who helped to spot and contain those bad bits of writing.
That's It for today. As always, thank you for your interest and support. It is our primary source of power.
Sincerely,
Bear in the Night.

3.80 star(s) 163 Votes