VN - Ren'Py - Lust Campus [C3 Final] [RedLolly]

1. 5.00 star(s)

ProximaLewds

I will admit, I was highly skeptical about this game at first but after playing a bit of it, it has become one of my favorites. It is very much a slow burn and I appreciate that.

First off, the visuals are great. Most 2D games on this site either go an anime-inspired route or a stylized, cartoonish sort of route. This game decides to go for a stylized but actually fairly realistic look. No bimbos here! Well, not visually anyway. The artist had some fun with doing expressions for sure, especially with the main character's cat.

The writing is another high mark for this game. Its just good. A slow burn with a female protagonist that isn't just a constant fuck fest with no repercussions. Decisions you make matter to varying degrees and you can actually make or break relationships.

Gameplay is very straight forward since its a VN but how everything is designed it works fairly well. There's a track skipper at the bottom for music (which isn't intrusive and the music isn't annoying ), useful UI info for relationships and personal stats, and even actually a good way to keep track of how your character stands with everyone else.

If you just want a mindless fuck fest with bimbos and a forced incest plot with supernatural elements, this is not the game for you. If you want something that actually looks like it took a lot of time to make with some actual effort put into the writing, then give this game a try.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

loronda

Love the writing! It has a very compelling story that does not feel cheap or easy. It hooks you right away. While it may seem like just another one of hundreds of "college games", I feel that it has certainly created its own niche. I hope the story continues to deliver. Can't wait for each update!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

GunnyHighway17

Wow, excellent production so far. The character art is incredible, but its also the little details that stand out like the intro menu design, story pacing, the little side vignettes, etc. Also noticed it had some of the feel of an Eva Kiss game and was happy to note that they have collaborated some on this. Keep it going, and am looking forward to see how things go from here!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

JerryC

For a surprise, that was a surprise! I wasn't so sure about it when I downloaded the game, thought about the other FMC games I tried and didn't like any. I just thought FMC wasn't for me until now. Thanks to LC, I now know that it's more bad writing that's not for me!
    Playing Alice is so much fun. She's funny, clumsy, clever, full of life... And the other characters are great as well. I really liked it a lot and look forward for more!

[EDIT] Post rework, I will have to change my ratings. A VN has to be visually appealing, even when primarily story focused. Since it's being reworked, I find the visuals are really not for me. I don't want to interact with any character I see as I find them all very repulsive. So I'm droping the game, even though I liked its premise.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Ricardo Sousa

Yes, art matters, as many other things.
    The story so far is well written and should captivate players. I like most of the characters (the cat is a winning bet) and depending on how things turn out, they may spice up the story in the following releases.
    Returning to the art subject again, can't really complain about anything so far, this type of art is not seen often, and it's well-conceived.

The game has some bugs, maybe due to code (not an expert), the good side is, it can be fixed.

The dev definitely has my (y) and I can only hope this project continues.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

D2M3

Excellent art style, promising story, interesting setup.

But godawful QA. This will be a 5 star when future patches come out and game breaking errors are cleaned out. Coding problems are galore even when game is not erroring out, and the code itself is in a bad spaghetti state even at 0.3. Recommend investing time in learning and retooling the code a little.

Past those issues, this main character is one of the most beautiful female protagonists on F95. Straight up. The art style only emphasizes that. Hopefully the cast will grow a little in future, but again, code needs to be cleaned up before doing so.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

MegaApe

The art is Amazing i loved the atmosphere and the story so far so good the only issue is there was a bug where it kept displaying the traits/attributes without choosing an option. Other than hat this is a great game and has a great potential.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

Really promising start thus far. The art is beautiful. Especially the MC, she is stunning. The supporting characters obviously haven't been fully fleshed out as of yet, leaving them feeling a bit empty, but I expect that to change in later releases. (still very early on in the dev process after all.) Excited to monitor the progress of this one. Great job, dev!

4 stars for now, with 5 star potential.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

JohnyShadow7

0,3beta
    As other have said, the art is AMAZING. Easily the best point.

The story is... OK, right now. Most of the male options are basically a kink category. (bad boy, sugar daddy, teacher, nerd...) And they are absolutely fine if you are into them. If not, well...
    The girls are perfect. And really hot.
    There are a few obvious exlusive (either/or) choices, and probably some not so obvious. Not sure how much content there is now, but looks promising.
    Overall it can go both ways in the future, so here´s hoping.
    Also, love the stats screen, but could do with tracking more things.

Now for some of the not so good stuff.
    Creepy smiles.
    Maybe this one is just me, but sometimes the girl´s smile would just remind me of a "creepy fake robot smile". Not really a big deal, just throwing it out there.
    The sex scenes are fine, but sometimes seem a bit short. More like a quickie than full sex scene. (Suppose that´s the price for great art. Still, a few more text lines wouldn´t hurt.)
    And of course some bugs. I managed to skip past them, no big deal (just annoying).
    NOTE: I was using the mod, so the bugs might come from that.

That´s that. I´m just going to mention a few small dissapointments. Purely a matter of personal taste.
    The two main girls aren´t virgins. (At least they can start slutting sooner.)
    The claim that there won´t be any pregnancy.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Ggwpglhf

The art is top notch but that's the only redeeming quality I can find in this game and it just feels like a waste of effort.

I have never tried a female mc before and this really made me regret doing so, while having so much forced content and attraction to totally uninteresting or shallow and bad characters.

I would like to see a more solid story In the games I play aswell but with the great art I thought I could overlook everything that screamed: stay away.

Unfortually It was all overwhelming and I just straight up shut the game down and deleted it.

Maby concider teaming up with another developer who can work on the story with choices and characters while you provode the art, It's truly a shame to see ot wasted on this title and I mean that in the best way possible given the circumstance
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

The art is really outstanding. The story started kind of interesting (a reasonable female protagonist) but turned frustrating, to me, very quickly. MC is very passive, choices do not seem to have much effect, one of the two (??) main potential love interests is so disgusting that I was sorely missing a "kick him in the nuts" and "report him to university admin for harassment" option...
  12. 5.00 star(s)

heatherwendy

Love the game so far,its well done, really like Bonnie, shes really sexy and hoping she has a lesbian relationship with her in the next update.I will be following this game ,really looking forward for the next update.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Prokopije

Only good thing about this game is art. Everything else is way bellow any standard. Shallow and uninteresting story, forced content and fetishes in combination with lack of proper choices (no choice not to: invade other peoples privacy, fantasize about none in the shower, sleep hugged with other girls, shower with other girls, kiss with other girls...) makes this rather unpleasant experience. Good luck with further development, deleted and ignored. Would not recommend to other players.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

lordrango

For a while, this seemed like a game with potential. But, somewhere around chapter 4 things started falling apart. which was 9-12 months ago.

Story became less coherent, characters were becoming shallower instead of deeper, and I didn't feel like I'm in control of the protagonist as much as I should be.

Then there was a problem with graphics. Original artist left for whatever reason. Can't say I prefer the new art but it is very high quality still.

It saddens me that the story hasn't progressed in a very long time. In fact, it has regressed. It is obvious that Eva Kiss games are an a huge inspiration, but the quality is significantly lower.

Hopefully development gets back on track and quality improves. There's still chance this might end up a 4 or 5 star game, but I'm getting less and less convinced.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Kata

Reviewing as of v0.3 Alpha. This is not a spoiler free review.

This renders are extraordinary. Easily among the best on the site. It's a 2dcg game with mostly static images and almost no animations, but considering the effort that clearly goes into making the characters look distinct and interesting, I can forgive the lack of animation. Lighting, facial features, body composition and posing are all done really, really well. There are certain frames that look like still art.

Now, to some of the nitty-gritty. There's bugs in every single release. Every single release I've had some error message that you have to "ignore" via renpy's inherent error message. It's usually due to some mislabeled dialogue, and on an alpha release you certainly expect some bugs. But considering they have it on every release I've tried, you would hope that they make more of an effort to correct that particular flaw.

I have to give big kudos for the setting and premise. You play a female protagonist who is a first year architecture student navigating her early foray into university life. There's nothing extraordinary or contrived, the setup is simple and, at times, even elegant. It's good because it doesn't try too hard. Your character has suffered a tragedy in her past (her dad passed away in the not too distant past), but it's not a hackneyed reason to explain the introduction of her situation. It's simply just something that is there, an element of her backstory that is referenced but not a constant reminder.

The characters you can interact with are fairly decent. There's currently only a couple of legitimate sex scenes, but the author makes it clear the story does not throw sex at you, and the build up feels natural. You can plant the seeds so far for a number of potential relationships down the line, and I'm satisfied with the pace of the story as of v0.3.

However, the player character is quite passive, and a lot of things happen to you without giving you many options to navigate it. As is often the case with stories involving a female protagonist, it seems like you're kind of pushed into situations with minimal agency, and while there's certainly a level of realism to that, the author relies pretty heavily on you sharing the same kind of dubcon and power kink that they have.

The only explicit lewd scenes so far are a kind of rape-y rich playboy type and your much older landlord, both of which have pretty imbalanced power dynamics at work. You also set up a lesbian option so far (with potentially more on the way?), but it's with your best friend and it feels like you can't really say no without hurting your friendship points. An interesting dynamic to explore, but where are the more normal relationship interests? Why can't you just meet a nice classmate that you hit it off because you have great chemistry?

Ultimately though, despite the bugs and the rather specific content, I think it's one of the best slice of life, female protagonist stories available, and certainly the best looking.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

SupaPirat

The game is in a really early state of the story (0.2),but i am pretty excited for new updates. i hope this high quality will find its way in to coming content

i love the design of this game! Texts are well written. Charakters act not always like expected, but reasonable. The cat is hilarious and i love the main menu screen.
    At this point of progress of the game i am not sure how much impact the stats have on gameplay, but this is pretty nice designed as well. maybe the developer are able to change the way you quit out of stats menu so its just one click instead of two. (of course not very important, but was a little annoyed by that.)
  17. 5.00 star(s)

verved

I freaking loved it. The art is clearly different than other games on this site, and I can tell that it takes real work to create a piece of art at this level. I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't play this game yet, because it's simply worth to try.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

sske30

First of all, THIS GAME HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL. I've just played this game, and all I can say is I enjoyed every single second of it! Beautiful redheaded protagonist, and more importantly the art definitely draws my attention. Yes, I do agree there's a lot of improvement that needs to be done on the writing. But at the end of the day, it's an adult game so I'm not really expecting like some most complex video game plots (atleast not yet at this point).
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Smiley896

that is just awesome !!! love the graphics, love the characters & the storywriting! Eva Kiss is just Wow!

I'm really looking forward to playing the full game, once it is finished!
    Please @all support this game and support the Developer of this game.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Orichan

Finally a game with a female protagonist tag being meaningful. Well done on that part.

Otherwise the BGM is great, art style feels unique and very well polished, the build-up is also appreciated as it keeps things interesting :)

I've nothing really special to say, good work !