Indivi

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I have to say I really hate how you get overpowered with no chance no matter how high your stats are with the don in the city. I quit and I'm going to avoid that until you can teach the slimy fuck a lesson. At the milk farm you could get captured by the slavers if you wanted, but if you don't you could train a high strength first and beat them. It seems really pointless to avoid paying the 5g only to then have to pay 200 to avoid being beaten and raped. As for the rest reactions to v10 below:
It's because I want to avoid 'anime power levels' type of resolutions, where one person can easily take down 5-6 guys at once. Otherwise, I need to find some sort of obstacle that can't be overcome just by having lots of power, which just means things get scaled up unrealistically and unnecessarily.

Tension in a story requires obstacles that can't be overcome easily. It's not engaging if you can just hulk your way through every event. There should be a sense of 'how can I get myself through this situation', not 'I'm level 100, just my middle finger is enough to handle this.' While the latter might be amusing at first, that feeling can't carry a text/story-based game.

Besides, it makes a lot of problems for me, because then I have to figure out how to give the player certain plot points, in a situation where it might make no sense, or not even matter since you've already taken down the villain.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Might be more scenes coming later for this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm, I'll see about that.

Nah, I'm just playing the public version... good to know that it's finished in r11 :)
Yes XD.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It's because I want to avoid 'anime power levels' type of resolutions, where one person can easily take down 5-6 guys at once. Otherwise, I need to find some sort of obstacle that can't be overcome just by having lots of power, which just means things get scaled up unrealistically and unnecessarily.
But at the milk farm you do take down six guys at once. Which was a good thing, because I don't want to be kidnapped and raped! Forcing that on the player is terrible!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: mehmeme

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Maybe it's terrible for you personally. Some people like bad ends even non permanent ones. Long term consequences to reckless actions should be present in more games.
isn't that more like your opinion?
Maybe you two should consider the meaning of the word forced? If you want your character tied up and abused more power to you, not everyone shares your preference.

Indivi

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
But at the milk farm you do take down six guys at once. Which was a good thing, because I don't want to be kidnapped and raped! Forcing that on the player is terrible!
I'd argue that I haven't force anything on anyone. You're given several options to respond to the situation given. It was your choice to attempt to fight overwhelming odds, instead of negotiate your way out. Logically, what do you expect would happen?

Anyways, it's basically because plot.

The reason why you could do it in milk farm and not at the don's, is because the milk farm guys are inconsequential. Being captured by them or not does not ultimately affect Bell's story.

The don however gives you certain information which only makes sense in the context of him holding power over you. Which means the plot requires him to hold power over you. So if it's not being quelled by large numbers, it's gonna be some other bullshit like magical paralysis guns.

If I make it so that you can fight and kill him immediately, that information gets lost, because it no longer makes sense for him to tell you, or if you do learn it, you learn it at a point where it holds no impact and might as well just be random.

Consider the reveal of Darth Vader as Luke's father. It's impactful because it happens at a really critical part of the story. It doesn't have the same impact if say, Kenobi just reveals it one day while him and Luke are drinking tea back in the first movie. It's the same thing here. If I can, I'll always try to give the player choices. But if I don't, it probably means I had to make the choice between a compelling story, or tossing it all out the window and letting the player go hog wild.

Yeller

Jan 12, 2018
So I just found this game today and I've played a little but I was wondering and I don't know if its been mentioned before or not but since we can have a dog cock and I assume there are other characters with them is it possible to knot someone or to be knotted by someone?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'd argue that I haven't force anything on anyone. You're given several options to respond to the situation given. It was your choice to attempt to fight overwhelming odds, instead of negotiate your way out. Logically, what do you expect would happen?
The same as happened the last time we encountered a group of bad guys? Seriously, there is no hint at all that that will happen. Railroading 'because plot' is still railroading. If the only way forward is to be a little bitch, that's not fun. Remember you aren't writing a movie that only goes one way, in a game we can have multiple ways to get to the same place. How about when the thugs try to drag us off to meet him in the first place we fight them off, and he decides we could be useful and offers money to do the job, just off the top of my head. Ends up in the same place but doesn't force us to be weak. And still leaves room for going to his lair and killing him to be too much if that's important beyond this point.

KoropeiniKi

Sep 27, 2017
The same as happened the last time we encountered a group of bad guys? Seriously, there is no hint at all that that will happen. Railroading 'because plot' is still railroading. If the only way forward is to be a little bitch, that's not fun. Remember you aren't writing a movie that only goes one way, in a game we can have multiple ways to get to the same place. How about when the thugs try to drag us off to meet him in the first place we fight them off, and he decides we could be useful and offers money to do the job, just off the top of my head. Ends up in the same place but doesn't force us to be weak. And still leaves room for going to his lair and killing him to be too much if that's important beyond this point.
than you should be playing the older version of the game (Lust Doll without the Plus). Indivi already said that they will write a scene where you can actually fight them off in the future build of the game. if you don't like the game because your PC act like a, quote on quote, "little bitch", than stop playing the game, take your disappointment somewhere else.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Indivi

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I'll try to give more heads up to the player, so that they don't end up 'being a little bitch' (I actually did try to do this, but apparently it wasn't enough?)

As for your other points, there's things I agree with, but also some things that I don't, partially due to me having certain things to consider that you don't. Just be aware that my intentions with the game might not always match what you're hoping for. I'm sorry, but I can't please everyone.

Is/ will it be possible to knock up Bell?
not yet, but it's definitely planned!

Reactions: Assblasta9k

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'll try to give more heads up to the player, so that they don't end up 'being a little bitch' (I actually did try to do this, but apparently it wasn't enough?)
The problem is that you trigger this story by forcing your way past the thug at the gates (presumably because you aren't interested in being bullied) but if you then act consistent with that you get punished, the only way forward is to stand up for yourself then start grovelling in front of him. It seems like it requires meta-knowledge to get through here; if you're playing trying to act like a character would, a submissive, non-confrontational character has to go force their way past the thug, a strong take-no-shit character has to bend the knee. If you stand up for yourself to him then get raped for your troubles, why on earth would you force your way past the thug a second time?

Reactions: Beggarman

Indivi

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
The problem is that you trigger this story by forcing your way past the thug at the gates (presumably because you aren't interested in being bullied) but if you then act consistent with that you get punished, the only way forward is to stand up for yourself then start grovelling in front of him. It seems like it requires meta-knowledge to get through here; if you're playing trying to act like a character would, a submissive, non-confrontational character has to go force their way past the thug, a strong take-no-shit character has to bend the knee. If you stand up for yourself to him then get raped for your troubles, why on earth would you force your way past the thug a second time?
That's a good point. I'll see if I can't make that more fair for the player.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see an issue. The dons personal guards are probably a lot more numerous and a lot better prepared and equipped than some random hicks/thugs.
You can't have the player be the ultimate engine of destruction, it just ruins the plot/setting. If you want a Power Fantasy, play different games.

That said, the thugs at the gate could let you trough instead of you forcing your way.
And you can make it clear that the Dons bodyguards are packing lethal weapons and that attacking would be suicide.

Reactions: Indivi

Indivi

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I don't see an issue. The dons personal guards are probably a lot more numerous and a lot better prepared and equipped than some random hicks/thugs.
You can't have the player be the ultimate engine of destruction, it just ruins the plot/setting. If you want a Power Fantasy, play different games.
That said, the thugs at the gate could let you trough instead of you forcing your way.
And you can make it clear that the Dons bodyguards are packing lethal weapons and that attacking would be suicide.
To a certain extent, I do get why it's appealing for some. But yeah, Mary Sue type characters just don't work for storytelling unless they're facing Mary Sue level problems, which this is not.

Anyways, I've come up with something which hopefully will suffice.

he asked if there is a walkthrough for this game.
I'm working on a guide, but it's for backers only. Sorry! Can just ask here if there's any questions, though would have to be in English.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes