Mar 29, 2018
Tbh, just do like Avengers SOB, Big Kuyash, or GirlLife. Have one full download, and then just keep have updates in addition. So if you already have the previous version, you only need a update for new content.
not bad, but try to reduce number of passages, you have 300 in version 0.0.5, at thousand twine becomes slow and laggy, you will not be able to develop project ;)
For the game the developer wants the engine isn't the best one.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I reduced the video quality due to the size of the game. It is 0.0.5 version and is already 550 mb in size. In some versions, it will exceed the free limit allowed by many upload sites.
This feels like a bit of a lame excuse. Mega lets you down load 3-5gb with a free account on a bad day, on a good day you can pretty much download as much as you want. Plenty of games on here are +3gb. The key is you have to have an account with mega (which requires minimal details to set up), if you try to download without an account you hardly get anything.

Sounds like your issue is video size? there are 4 main ways other users have got round this,
1)convert to webm and or use less frames
2)When possible just supply whats changed (this is what most Devs do with large image/video folders)
3)As above but make it available as a torrent.
4)I had a fourth but can't remember what is was ... :unsure:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry73au

MartinDrake

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
I tried to convert videos to WebM, but the result was bad, the quality was even worse. The videos I see in most other games are, on average worse. "The Company" itself has much lower video quality. In any case, nothing is definitive. If a choice is not appreciated, I can always go back or find a better one. Besides, my videos are longer than the average of the other games, so I have to lower the quality if I don't want to exceed the size of the game excessively.

Reactions: mememeandmyself
Mar 29, 2018
I tried to convert videos to WebM, but the result was bad, the quality was even worse. The videos I see in most other games are, on average worse. "The Company" itself has much lower video quality. In any case, nothing is definitive. If a choice is not appreciated, I can always go back or find a better one. Besides, my videos are longer than the average of the other games, so I have to lower the quality if I don't want to exceed the size of the game excessively.
Good to see that your open to feedback. Again as stated don't worry about file size. You can always just release updates. And with mega/nopy/google/etc. Filesize isn't that much of an issue.

My problem with the video quality is that you went better than gifs of the games you mentioned and then went back.

MartinDrake

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Tbh, just do like Avengers SOB, Big Kuyash, or GirlLife. Have one full download, and then just keep have updates in addition. So if you already have the previous version, you only need a update for new content.
This could be an interesting solution.

The rewards that I currently intend to reserve to the patrons are early access and the page with the Cheats. And they will be activated from the first release of April. The best video quality is not an essential requirement that I want to dedicate to them. I reduced the video quality because I read in several other threads that games that are too wight are not appreciated. So much so that many create their compressed version.

Mar 29, 2018
This could be an interesting solution.

The rewards that I currently intend to reserve to the patrons are early access and the page with the Cheats. And they will be activated from the first release of April. The best video quality is not an essential requirement that I want to dedicate to them. I reduced the video quality because I read in several other threads that games that are too wight are not appreciated. So much so that many create their compressed version.
Yes you see that with mostly renpy games. But then players still have the option. Again I hope you will change this decision. Plus it would be easier for you ;) .

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Ok, based on the advice you have given me, I try to find a better solution for the next release that does not require a reduction in video quality. If you think subsequent updates are a good idea, I could do it like this.
If you look at SOB (Son of a bitch), that over 12gig now. Imagine you had to download that every update... :p

Casper

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
um? Is my browser messing up? What is all this discussion of SOB and QSP games? I thought this was the thread for Lust for Life, a twine game.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
um? Is my browser messing up? What is all this discussion of SOB and QSP games? I thought this was the thread for Lust for Life, a twine game.
It was kinda used as an example of how he could do updates to this game. Rather than scale back on quality of images, as gfx assets grow larger. Just give option to release content updates for people to download, rather than the entire game every time there is an update. (and then it went a bit off the track).

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I like this game, hope you don't drop it before it gets more content like so many other devs do. Also you handled players working around stealing the cheats perfectly and even managed to find another way to give a little extra to your pledges. However you chose to do HTML and 90% of the time, this works to cheat HTML games and this one isn't in the 10%- https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-debug-or-cheat-twine-sugarcube-variables.6553/

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

MartinDrake

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
It is true, with HTML, changing the attributes of the game is very simple. For this reason, in my Cheats page, in addition to changing the character's stats, I will add the possibility to select a specific quest for each character, to immediately advance to a particular quest or go back to replay it. This from the Developer Tools is almost impossible. Also, with the next versions, I will add more features related to that page.

2.50 star(s) 24 Votes