nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Still playing this game and not that far in yet, but while playing as a female MC I noticed that it would sometimes call my MC a 'he' or imply she had a cock (in the scene where you can fuck the homeless dude). If this game is gonna be for male and female MCs you'd think they'd at least check for immersion-breaking details like that.
I'm actually more curious what's devs' intention on these "Female / Futa MC" set up.
You can tell it's pretty gay focused as there're only Hot males so far.
By adding Female MC, you'd need at least 2 different sets of scenes; by adding Futa, you'd need at least 4;
I've only played Male MC, but you can tell they didn't go with the "Gender Neutral" route (you only need 1 sets, but it's far less engaging)

My bet is they just want to keep the options open, maybe some hetero creator will join along the way.

Reactions: usr_55430

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
I'm actually more curious what's devs' intention on these "Female / Futa MC" set up.
You can tell it's pretty gay focused as there're only Hot males so far.
By adding Female MC, you'd need at least 2 different sets of scenes; by adding Futa, you'd need at least 4;
I've only played Male MC, but you can tell they didn't go with the "Gender Neutral" route (you only need 1 sets, but it's far less engaging)

My bet is they just want to keep the options open, maybe some hetero creator will join along the way.
I mean, to me this game feels like a bara/gay game where they additionally chose to give the option to play as a female (and futa?) just to broaden their player base (or for profit? I don't know the exact reason). Now I don't mind that so much as I love big buff cuddly-looking bara-style guys (when playing as a female) and it's something that so rarely happens. The only other game that I can think of that does this is Lustful Desires (are there others?). My only issue is when they give that female option but then only do a half-assed job of it (as mentioned by the mistakes in my last post), in which case it would almost be better if they never give the option in the first place cos the experience usually sucks.

Lustful Desires gets it right there, at least; still feels like a gay game with allowances for female MCs, but takes the time and effort to describe things appropriately.

Ressxd

May 28, 2020
Seems like if you dont give BJ to that green guy in the alleyway (forgot the name), and choose the other option then you never get the chance to meet him again there. I've done plenty of wandering around the street option but it never gave me that.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Lustful Desires gets it right there, at least; still feels like a gay game with allowances for female MCs, but takes the time and effort to describe things appropriately.
That's new to me, does LD give proper Vaginal scenes when you play as Female? Or it's a simple "genital replace"?
I mean, it should be a pretty easy Coding job to replace "anal" with "Vaginal", or address pronoun properly, if that's all you want.
Just give it time, or bug reports (if not done already), that shouldn't be too difficult to solve.

Reactions: Zedire

Kruxis

Sep 3, 2019
I try to start the "Attack on Pirates" thing but it says I should go talk with Galiano before leaving, but there's no extra dialogue with either him or Egon and the quest log says to talk to Rylan, but it's just the same

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
That's new to me, does LD give proper Vaginal scenes when you play as Female? Or it's a simple "genital replace"?
I mean, it should be a pretty easy Coding job to replace "anal" with "Vaginal", or address pronoun properly, if that's all you want.
Just give it time, or bug reports (if not done already), that shouldn't be too difficult to solve.
It's has been a while since I played LD, but from what I recall it didn't feel "off" playing as a female. In terms of the overall feel it still felt like the game was written for a gay/male audience, and could be considered "off" in a few non-h scenes where guys, like Logan, did things that they probably wouldn't have done in quite the same way if the scene were rewritten specifically for a female character (in terms of physical violence). However, sex scenes felt pretty immersive and sexy and not like they'd just replaced anal with vaginal or something. Mind you, I'm pretty sure that IS what they did, but they'd taken the time to change it enough not to feel recognisable that way. That's probably the most I can say on it without bullshitting and without re-playing it to see. In short, I remember it being a good experience with nothing that overtly turned me off about it.

Than again, maybe I'm just biased toward Lustful Desires and notice mistakes less because the characters are generally lovable/likeable and it's pretty well-written. Even though it's based around sex, it's not like the characters entire personalities revolve around it, and they don't make your MC feel 'less' for sleeping with everyone (except for maybe Gunner, although it's sort of part of his personality kink, and he does that will any MC). IDK, that's pretty refreshing in comparison to the overwhelming majority of games that casually 'slut-shame' (which I hate) a female character/MC for enjoying the same thing male characters/MCs do. So yeah, I liked that aspect of Lustful Desires a lot - felt more 'equal opportunity' and accepting.

At this stage Lust Odyssey hasn't drawn me to the characters in that way at all (and granted, I still have a bit to play so that could change). Perhaps I'm less forgiving in overlooking the mistakes for that reason, but describing the penis on my (non-penised) female character in a sex scene was so off-putting and such a mood-killer. lol.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
It's has been a while since I played LD, but from what I recall it didn't feel "off" playing as a female. In terms of the overall feel it still felt like the game was written for a gay/male audience, and could be considered "off" in a few non-h scenes where guys, like Logan, did things that they probably wouldn't have done in quite the same way if the scene were rewritten specifically for a female character (in terms of physical violence). However, sex scenes felt pretty immersive and sexy and not like they'd just replaced anal with vaginal or something. Mind you, I'm pretty sure that IS what they did, but they'd taken the time to change it enough not to feel recognisable that way. That's probably the most I can say on it without bullshitting and without re-playing it to see. In short, I remember it being a good experience with nothing that overtly turned me off about it.

Than again, maybe I'm just biased toward Lustful Desires and notice mistakes less because the characters are generally lovable/likeable and it's pretty well-written. Even though it's based around sex, it's not like the characters entire personalities revolve around it, and they don't make your MC feel 'less' for sleeping with everyone (except for maybe Gunner, although it's sort of part of his personality kink, and he does that will any MC). IDK, that's pretty refreshing in comparison to the overwhelming majority of games that casually 'slut-shame' (which I hate) a female character/MC for enjoying the same thing male characters/MCs do. So yeah, I liked that aspect of Lustful Desires a lot - felt more 'equal opportunity' and accepting.

At this stage Lust Odyssey hasn't drawn me to the characters in that way at all (and granted, I still have a bit to play so that could change). Perhaps I'm less forgiving in overlooking the mistakes for that reason, but describing the penis on my (non-penised) female character in a sex scene was so off-putting and such a mood-killer. lol.
Yeah, the fact LD's NPCs are acknowledging you sleeping around but don't judge really created a dynamic and enjoyable world - that's with a few actually do mind but that's into their character. Thanks for reminding me one of the reason why I love LD.

Mind you, the 'casual slut-shaming' is also a thing for males in a lot of (gay focused or not) games :ROFLMAO:. Humiliation Kink is one thing (Like Gunnar), the whole game does that is a different matter.

For Lust Odyssey, can't always use the "It's fairly new" excuse, IMO so far it's very serviceable, but not really anything stand out.
The dick immersion breaking bug really should be mentioned to the dev's tho, sometimes they just overlook such things.
But again, I can't remember LD's early stages (4 years ago), especially at that time we don't have many games to compare to.

Reactions: Zedire

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Yeah, the fact LD's NPCs are acknowledging you sleeping around but don't judge really created a dynamic and enjoyable world - that's with a few actually do mind but that's into their character. Thanks for reminding me one of the reason why I love LD.

Mind you, the 'casual slut-shaming' is also a thing for males in a lot of (gay focused or not) games :ROFLMAO:. Humiliation Kink is one thing (Like Gunnar), the whole game does that is a different matter.

For Lust Odyssey, can't always use the "It's fairly new" excuse, IMO so far it's very serviceable, but not really anything stand out.
The dick immersion breaking bug really should be mentioned to the dev's tho, sometimes they just overlook such things.
But again, I can't remember LD's early stages (4 years ago), especially at that time we don't have many games to compare to.
Yeah, I know that the slut-shaming thing is part of the humiliation kink, and it's cool for people who are into it, but it's just not my thing (except in some rare cases when my MC is doing it). I think it would be nice if there were a few more games doing what LD does in not straight-up judging your female character over enjoying sex the way most men do, it would kind of be a nice change once in a while. When Gunnar does it I really see that as more part of his character/personality, and besides which, I take a lot of enjoyment out of kicking his ass and then making him beg so he shuts his slut-shaming mouth, so in that way his slut-shaming has its perks for retribution. Funnily enough, I actually quite like Gunnar, but then I don't think there's any characters in LD that I don't like.

Thanks for the suggestion about reporting the bug - I posted a message on their itch.io letting them know. (y)

Reactions: nackedsnake

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
I am genuinely interested in the story being spun in this game, so I hope it won't get sidetracked or dropped.
Also, ever since I read the Warlord basically described as an angry monkey wrecking havoc I can't stop imagining a Saiyan.

Last edited:
Reactions: dronmk2

bchurklo

Jul 23, 2021
I have looked in the code (as I do with most Renpy games), and it actually does do a pretty good job. At various points there are conditional branches which make sure that the game calls the protagonist the correct name, which add interactions (like the NPC fondling your tits) or which remove things that wouldn't make sense. There are some cases where the dialogue will just use a variable name for the player character's hole, but it is pretty good overall.

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
So... is there any way to cure that lizardman in the medbay? We only have 3 options: kill him, leave him, or give him meds. The last one hurts him even more instead of healing. I decided to check on him later, after I free the scientist... but he was already dead.

Reactions: xorthar

XgoldWolf

Sep 8, 2018
Why can't I fly with a ship. Its fully repaired and it says that I need to talk to Rylan after I finished my business in Akra. But idk what to do, do I need to side with Galiano in order to progress?

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
Why can't I fly with a ship. Its fully repaired and it says that I need to talk to Rylan after I finished my business in Akra. But idk what to do, do I need to side with Galiano in order to progress?
No. I managed to fly it with Galiano in jail. You must finish all the remaining events first. It is probably a conversation between Rylan and the four-armed mechanic in the mess hall. At least it was for me.

XgoldWolf

Sep 8, 2018
No. I managed to fly it with Galiano in jail. You must finish all the remaining events first. It is probably a conversation between Rylan and the four-armed mechanic in the mess hall. At least it was for me.
Not sure what is that event or how you get it but in my crew I have Rylan, mechanic, Hakkon (dick thing) and Sammuel. I don't know if there are any other events or how to get them.

May 3, 2019
Not sure what is that event or how you get it but in my crew I have Rylan, mechanic, Hakkon (dick thing) and Sammuel. I don't know if there are any other events or how to get them.
At a certain time, I think around 20:00 PM, you go to the cafeteria and see Rylan talking to the mechanic. Assuming you had talked to the mechanic about what happened to you and how you came to have the ship

KopretCZ

Jan 24, 2022
Sooo I found out about this game by pure chance. And at first i was just bored out of my mind so i somehow i just clicked mindlessly... and then i spend already few days playing and i´m not even at end of current content and i already can´t wait for update :love: I soooo enjoy this game. And definitely will recomend it :sneaky: nice mix of humour, lewdness and serious business :sneaky:

Hey seriously - at first i din´t expect much but the art grows to u and when u get past the first grind at the very begining, story is nicely made, with some choices which alternate your gameplay (which is nice!):alien:

Reactions: lihsdvb
4.80 star(s) 15 Votes