VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lust Selection [Ep. 2] [Select GameWorks]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Seriously, its impossible, do I need to be a pro gamer for this?
I asked the dev twice how the gamplay works with this minigame - to no avail. I assume if the dev himself does not know how his own work should be dealt with it is useless for as "normal" gamers ... so I deleted the game and start looking for another game ... not that there is any shortage of them!:p(y)

Stud-e-Smurf

May 11, 2019
I just finished the first episode and am totally hooked. The artwork is fantastic, the story both intriguing as well as well written. it's so refreshing to play a game that has not been translated from another language using google translate. Very happy to see the 2nd episode and once I post this I will dive right into it. Thank you for making this game and for sharing. I truly am a fan of your work.

tieuunhi

Sep 28, 2018
This is a great game, but I'm too lazy to open each CG. So who can give me a save full CG or extracted CGs?

p / s: my english is not good

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
I asked the dev twice how the gamplay works with this minigame - to no avail. I assume if the dev himself does not know how his own work should be dealt with it is useless for as "normal" gamers ... so I deleted the game and start looking for another game ... not that there is any shortage of them!:p(y)
Well, it took me the whole ten minutes and like 10 reloads to understand mechanics (and what I thought about game developer that moment... that wasn't nice things). It's quite easy actually, just choose next choice after your opponent. There are 3 choices, if Farid uses 2nd, you choose 3rd, if he uses 3rd you choose 1st and so on - that's all, a way to victory.

Ti Guan

Jan 11, 2019
I have to ask again everybody who played this game: how does one win this stupid fight against Farid (or so ...) ?? I could not figure out how to play it ... where to click or which keys to press ... any help is appreciated cause it´s gonna be annoying ...
Done ;) You need fast hand and use the right response to Farid.

1. Right response. Against hook use jab, against jab uppercut and against uppercut hook.
2. The star is shown after several hits. Click on the star very quick, another star is shown (5 total). All stars must me hit.
3. The fight continues, so follow step 1 and when after some time star is shown again, follow step 2.

Three sets of starts must be finished.

I agree, totally no fun with this mini game...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Development log
  • Lust Selection Episode Two now available on Itch.io
    72 days ago
.....In other news ... ::

Quick Update 04/09/2019

Hey guys,

First of all, sorry for the long hiatus, much has happened over at my end but do not worry as we are not stopping on development.
Time has been kind of short lately, I had a change of day job, took up some part-time jobs in order to generate more capital for the project, oh boy game development is really expensive and whatever time I have left goes into the development of Lust Selection.
Some updates on game development, the base story for episode 3 has been scripted in, now we are into scripting and planning the routing for the different routes based on player choices. We are also currently working on a trailer for episode 3 so stay tune for more updates on that.
Thank you for the continued support and we promise to provide more frequent updates from here on.
K

Reactions: Ragnar and Melkai

CookieMonster

Donor
May 31, 2017
So... @Select Gameworks, I just have to say... somehow I guess I missed this little gem of a game. The art style is really enjoyable and the overall implementation of the game makes it rather quite fappable, so I've gotta give kudos to the dev team. Looking over the reviews, I kind of feel like people kind of jumped on pitchforks too quickly with the rape in this game. For one thing, I skimmed a bit over the source work, and it looks like it's based in Malaysia/Singapore, wherein such seedier practices/power dynamics between the genders might be more imbalanced, whereas the reviews seemed a bit on the prematurely zealous in criticizing something well, which does happen to happen in life.

That said, I guess I do have a few concerns about the general direction of the plot. For one thing, one of the early characters that the dev did such a good job getting me emotionally invested in doesn't seem to be someone shipped to in the ending, so I wonder how much deviation the dev will take from the source material in order to round out the game, and to provide for multiple endings. Another piece I noticed was kind of a jarring pussification of the protagonist around 3/5ths of the source work. Now, in the game so far, it seems like the dev has kind of done a good job rounding out the aggressive/passive tendencies (wanted to avoid using the charged language of alpha/beta there) to give the player more choices, even though, at times it does seem like the choices don't seem to matter too much. So, I wonder, with the source narrative being written with a fixed direction and ending, whether or not a lot of the major plot points and direction are still ultimately inevitable, with player choice being in the end, trivial.

Arghhh... good job Select Gameworks, now this game is kind of stuck in my head. Did a damn fine job teasing the tip...

Reactions: Melkai

Toksicz

Aug 21, 2019
Farid fight is basically rock paper scissors and quick time event. faris uses option 1, use option2. farid uses 2, use 3. faris uses 3, use 1.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Seriously, its impossible, do I need to be a pro gamer for this?
this is the only part of this game i don't like , could be removed if i had my way it would be ,, fight could have been made alot easier to use .. other than that not a bad game ,, like the artwork (y)

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes