VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lust Selection [Ep. 2] [Select GameWorks]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019
Umm... Some things that I would like to address. First of all Lust Selection is a game that spans 10 episodes so do not be too quick to judge the direction that this game is taking.

The story itself is inspired by things we see, hear, experienced in real life and then sensationalized to make it more...engaging I would say, however, some of these events do happen in real life and we know about them. If you have read the original story this game is based on then you would sort of know what I am talking about but if not, to summarize, it is about the rich and powerful doing whatever the fuck they want because they can, against people who are at first helpless against them but are still able to deliver their own form of justice against them using wits.

Now, we do not condone sexual violence in any way however we made the call to include them in the game's story because we decided it was necessary for the routes to have substance and not just variations. However, such acts in the game are always punished and not rewarded. For example, if your eventual choice for progression is to leave Sandy completely violated, then you will not see her anymore in the upcoming episodes or worse, an immediate game over for the player.

Lastly, for those of you who have enjoyed the game and loved the story, I am really elated you did and hope that you will continue to do so for the upcoming episodes because trust me, it is gonna get even better from here. The game shifts its focus to Belinda, Terry, and James and when the 3 of them chart into unfamiliar territory together... Shit happens.
For those who are not sold, finds the story dumb, boring, senseless or straight out offensive, well... we can't please everyone, such is the way of this world.

We wish all of you here well and thank you for taking the time to check out Lust Selection!

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019
Just ran into the same issue even though I only played episode 1 the other day, so Looks like another playthrough just to play episode 2.
There was suppose to be a patch for episode one prior to the launch of episode two but it wasn't uploaded here I think. That patch actually syncs the previous saves with the new one so you don't have to replay ep 1 again. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Mormont

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Umm... Some things that I would like to address. First of all Lust Selection is a game that spans 10 episodes so do not be too quick to judge the direction that this game is taking.

The story itself is inspired by things we see, hear, experienced in real life and then sensationalized to make it more...engaging I would say, however, some of these events do happen in real life and we know about them. If you have read the original story this game is based on then you would sort of know what I am talking about but if not, to summarize, it is about the rich and powerful doing whatever the fuck they want because they can, against people who are at first helpless against them but are still able to deliver their own form of justice against them using wits.

Now, we do not condone sexual violence in any way however we made the call to include them in the game's story because we decided it was necessary for the routes to have substance and not just variations. However, such acts in the game are always punished and not rewarded. For example, if your eventual choice for progression is to leave Sandy completely violated, then you will not see her anymore in the upcoming episodes or worse, an immediate game over for the player.

Lastly, for those of you who have enjoyed the game and loved the story, I am really elated you did and hope that you will continue to do so for the upcoming episodes because trust me, it is gonna get even better from here. The game shifts its focus to Belinda, Terry, and James and when the 3 of them chart into unfamiliar territory together... Shit happens.
For those who are not sold, finds the story dumb, boring, senseless or straight out offensive, well... we can't please everyone, such is the way of this world.

We wish all of you here well and thank you for taking the time to check out Lust Selection!
You seem to be missing the criticism. The criticism wasn't directed at the fact the content was included it's the way it is written and the characters react to the situation.

For example as I stated in the review...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The other issue

sexybastardo

Modder
Jul 15, 2017
Episode 2 is where all the "Hardcore" action begins.
Just finished Episode 2 ... and I'm confused ... because I spent more time doing the "wrong" paths (and doing this rape stuff -.-) to see some new artworks. The good or best route got only 8 Artworks (including 5 of the same rape scene) and the bad route got 56 (!!!) Artworks, including 26 that lead to a game over.
Something is clearly wrong with the priorities here ... I don't feel very good about this, kinda betrayed/disappointed.
SelectGameworks, I think all routes should have at least an equal amount of content ... :/

(Update: Just for clearification ... I usually don't play clearly bad routes or do multiple playthroughs.)

Last edited:

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019
You seem to be missing the criticism. The criticism wasn't directed at the fact the content was included it's the way it is written and the characters react to the situation.

For example as I stated in the review...

The other issue
OK, I will try my best to explain but I hope you don't take it in a negative way, as I said some would feel that it makes sense, some won't, so here goes. There is no Good End, Bad End, Neutral End at this point of time because the game simply hasn't ended. As I mentioned, this game is episodic so whatever your choices you decide to make now carries forward to the later episodes. We are only at episode 2 now.
Fine, if you just want to talk about episode two's ending, what makes you determine that being finger banged is the good end? Was there a sort of indication that says so? What about that choice which leads to a total miss? She got rescued before any serious damage, what ending would you consider that to be?

"It's written in such a way that the brother and mother are sympathetic figures when all they are doing is enabling their son.brother to rape other victims."

You are looking at it from a third person's perspective, a more logical perspective but sometimes a mother's love for her child can cause her to go to certain extreme measures. (Think Cersei and Joffrey) The difference in cultural perhaps, I am sure some parents would beat the shit outta their son for sure but not all are like that.

"Then they decide well they really need him to be arrested and instead of just having him arrested for sexual assault they will come up with some hair brained scheme where he gets arrested another way?"

The decision came from the brother only because he wanted his brother back in jail, maybe you missed that part. The mother doesn't know about it, and in order to keep it from her, they needed a strategy. You have seen how she begged in that rape scene.

"The lady is almost raped again and yet the MC doesn't apologize for putting her into danger. She doesn't appear to be angry."

She is still shocked by the event that just took place, that is why she lost her appetite, again it does not mean that she will not confront him about it later in the upcoming episode. However, I do agree that perhaps this scene could be done better. I will look into possible improvements.

"When people say the game makes rape appear as if it's not a big deal that has less to do with consequences and more to do with the reaction of the world (characters you write) to the knowledge of rape and attempted sexual assault. That is what sets it apart from a normal corruption game those games the characters know they are doing something wrong and it's all about not getting caught."

Umm, rape is a big deal, that is why in the game if choices are chosen that leads to rape, it is always punished eventually. As for the characters reaction to rape, his brother wants him back in jail for what he has done, the MC tries his best to convince her to report him but he can't force her if she chooses not to do so, which she explained in the game for the reasons why, for the mother, well I explained. Again, cultural difference :D this game is not set in where you reside. People deal with things differently so perhaps you are not able to contemplate this. Maybe if my game is set in Japan, then there would be some sort of camera in place with footage to blackmail the victim if words get out something like that hahahahaha!!
Oh and this is not a corruption game but I understand if you mistake this for that kind of game as we are still very early in the story.

"The stalking once again is written from the perspective of it's acceptable. The whole office knows it's happening but doesn't stop it even the people who pretend to care about the character don't call the police."

Umm, a few reasons, he is the son of the boss so in a way, he is the boss. He only harasses her in the office so if she does not want to report him partly due to the hush money she got from his father, nothing can be done about it if she chooses to let it go. There is a part in the game which says he always makes it seem in a way that he is the good guy so yeah. By the way, in no part of the game was there any mention of "The whole office knows its happening" so it is just your own personal assumptions.

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019
Just finished Episode 2 ... and I'm confused ... because I spent more time doing the "wrong" paths (and doing this rape stuff -.-) to see some new artworks. The good or best route got only 8 Artworks (including 5 of the same rape scene) and the bad route got 56 (!!!) Artworks, including 26 that lead to a game over.
Something is clearly wrong with the priorities here ... I don't feel very good about this, kinda betrayed/disappointed.
SelectGameworks, I think all routes should have at least an equal amount of content ... :/

(Update: Just for clearification ... I usually don't play clearly bad routes or do multiple playthroughs.)
Hmm, actually when we were developing the game, we didn't really purposely set it in such that all scenes should have an equal amount of artwork but more so in a way that it should make sense. Again, what is seen now from the choices that are made will unlock different routes in the later episodes so it doesn't mean that what you see now will be all there is to it. It could possibly open up a different route in the later game which will unlock more artworks, more rewards in a way. I hope you get what I am driving at but I think as more episodes get released, it would make more sense. We are still very early in the story haha.

"Just for clearification ... I usually don't play clearly bad routes or do multiple playthroughs."

Well noted, maybe you wanna wait for a few more episodes to be released before coming back to it again? ;)

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017

Just saying, but..dramatic experiences are perfectly fine, you are making a mistake by "punishing" the player or the game if some choices are made.
You're just diminishing the roleplaying and storytelling experience, I wish you would have listened to your creativity more and to the people that tell you to cut content less. The game seemed very interesting and I loved how you planned it for the long run. Too bad.

Reactions: SelectGameworks

Forgepuppy

Oct 6, 2017
The horror of it! You may get the suspicion that the MC is a bit gay at times but he's either not or still closeted.

Alternate words that would make more sense. Bewildered, stunned or astonished. Horror is not something girls panties brings to mind unless instead of a bit of pubic hair hanging out we see genital warts.

Last edited:

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019
Just saying, but..dramatic experiences are perfectly fine, you are making a mistake by "punishing" the player or the game if some choices are made.
You're just diminishing the roleplaying and storytelling experience, I wish you would have listened to your creativity more and to the people that tell you to cut content less. The game seemed very interesting and I loved how you planned it for the long run. Too bad.
Fair point. It's always hard to strike a balance but it is still a learning experience for us as a first project. Hopefully the upcoming episodes will do even better. :)(y)

Reactions: Mwanted

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019
The horror of it! You may get the suspicion that the MC is a bit gay at times but he's either not or still closeted.

Alternate words that would make more sense. Bewildered, stunned or astonished. Horror is not something girls panties brings to mind unless instead of a bit of pubic hair hanging out we see genital warts.
:DWell spotted (y), yea you are right. How did I miss this. Will replace. Thanks for the input.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
OK, I will try my best to explain but I hope you don't take it in a negative way, as I said some would feel that it makes sense, some won't, so here goes. There is no Good End, Bad End, Neutral End at this point of time because the game simply hasn't ended. As I mentioned, this game is episodic so whatever your choices you decide to make now carries forward to the later episodes. We are only at episode 2 now.
Fine, if you just want to talk about episode two's ending, what makes you determine that being finger banged is the good end? Was there a sort of indication that says so? What about that choice which leads to a total miss? She got rescued before any serious damage, what ending would you consider that to be?

"It's written in such a way that the brother and mother are sympathetic figures when all they are doing is enabling their son.brother to rape other victims."

You are looking at it from a third person's perspective, a more logical perspective but sometimes a mother's love for her child can cause her to go to certain extreme measures. (Think Cersei and Joffrey) The difference in cultural perhaps, I am sure some parents would beat the shit outta their son for sure but not all are like that.

"Then they decide well they really need him to be arrested and instead of just having him arrested for sexual assault they will come up with some hair brained scheme where he gets arrested another way?"

The decision came from the brother only because he wanted his brother back in jail, maybe you missed that part. The mother doesn't know about it, and in order to keep it from her, they needed a strategy. You have seen how she begged in that rape scene.

"The lady is almost raped again and yet the MC doesn't apologize for putting her into danger. She doesn't appear to be angry."

She is still shocked by the event that just took place, that is why she lost her appetite, again it does not mean that she will not confront him about it later in the upcoming episode. However, I do agree that perhaps this scene could be done better. I will look into possible improvements.

"When people say the game makes rape appear as if it's not a big deal that has less to do with consequences and more to do with the reaction of the world (characters you write) to the knowledge of rape and attempted sexual assault. That is what sets it apart from a normal corruption game those games the characters know they are doing something wrong and it's all about not getting caught."

Umm, rape is a big deal, that is why in the game if choices are chosen that leads to rape, it is always punished eventually. As for the characters reaction to rape, his brother wants him back in jail for what he has done, the MC tries his best to convince her to report him but he can't force her if she chooses not to do so, which she explained in the game for the reasons why, for the mother, well I explained. Again, cultural difference :D this game is not set in where you reside. People deal with things differently so perhaps you are not able to contemplate this. Maybe if my game is set in Japan, then there would be some sort of camera in place with footage to blackmail the victim if words get out something like that hahahahaha!!
Oh and this is not a corruption game but I understand if you mistake this for that kind of game as we are still very early in the story.

"The stalking once again is written from the perspective of it's acceptable. The whole office knows it's happening but doesn't stop it even the people who pretend to care about the character don't call the police."

Umm, a few reasons, he is the son of the boss so in a way, he is the boss. He only harasses her in the office so if she does not want to report him partly due to the hush money she got from his father, nothing can be done about it if she chooses to let it go. There is a part in the game which says he always makes it seem in a way that he is the good guy so yeah. By the way, in no part of the game was there any mention of "The whole office knows its happening" so it is just your own personal assumptions.

I don't want to get into an argument over it you don't seem to see what many of us are trying to communicate to you. If the brother recognizes the rapist has a problem, the MC recognizes he has a problem, then the correct course of action is to call the police regardless of what the mother thinks.

Not put the victim in further danger in some stupid plan to catch him again.

If the MC was any kind of friend he would push the woman to call the cops hard first when he found out she was being stalked, 2nd when he found out the stalker raped her (once again no mention was made of calling the police), and again when the brother sexually assaulter her.

I am not a "SJW" or "woke" I enjoy being politically incorrect and at the end of the day you can create your game however you want but for me the way the world is written makes the game not playable for me. Best of luck on your game.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Fair point. It's always hard to strike a balance but it is still a learning experience for us as a first project. Hopefully the upcoming episodes will do even better. :)(y)
No problem (y)
And to be perfectly clear, what I wanted to say is that if you're going for a sort of realistic roleplaying experience (so realistic story, characters and emotions, which I like) it is RIGHT to have someone act as strong and someone else as weak, controlling or being controlled, naive or watchful, and so on.. that's the BEAUTY of it.
Just please don't cut or wash out content because someone doesn't like it, that's the only thing that kills my interest ;)

GL with the project

Last edited:

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019
No problem (y)
And to be perfectly clear, what I wanted to say is that if you're going for a sort of realistic roleplaying experience (so realistic story, characters and emotions, which I like) it is RIGHT to have someone act as strong and someone else as weak, controlling or being controlled, naive or watchful, and so on.. that's the BEAUTY of it.
Just please don't cut or wash out content because someone doesn't like it, that's the only thing that kills my interest ;)

GL with the project
Yea I get what you are driving at.;) Pointers well absorbed. Thanks!

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019
I don't want to get into an argument over it you don't seem to see what many of us are trying to communicate to you. If the brother recognizes the rapist has a problem, the MC recognizes he has a problem, then the correct course of action is to call the police regardless of what the mother thinks.

Not put the victim in further danger in some stupid plan to catch him again.

If the MC was any kind of friend he would push the woman to call the cops hard first when he found out she was being stalked, 2nd when he found out the stalker raped her (once again no mention was made of calling the police), and again when the brother sexually assaulter her.

I am not a "SJW" or "woke" I enjoy being politically incorrect and at the end of the day you can create your game however you want but for me the way the world is written makes the game not playable for me. Best of luck on your game.
Umm... actually you are the only person here still debating on what the right course of actions should be, but I mean I get what you are trying to say. The logical course of actions from your point of view. However there really isn't any single set of rules of engagement in situations like this. As I said, different people, different places and different cultures. It's either you accept that or you dont and if so, then it is just not your cup of tea but I still really appreciate you taking time to give your thoughts and inputs from your point of view. Thanks! :D(y)

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes worng it goes worng ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Lust Selection [Ep. 2] [Select GameWorks] - Original Size: 653.47MB

Download Win (133.6MB):

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
The story itself is inspired by things we see, hear, experienced in real life and then sensationalized to make it more...engaging I would say, however, some of these events do happen in real life and we know about them.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just tell me where you do come from, dude. You don't live in Western Europe for sure, I guess. Where in the damn world your ex is going to let you stay in your house after you've decided that your life together has ended?!? o_O o_O o_Oo_O Every western man would have packed up his stuff and immediately left. EVERYONE.

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
WTF ... how are you supposed to win that fight against this Farid type????? Been punching him since 20 minutes ... to no avail .... shit!!!!!!

Reactions: Canto Forte

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
I have to ask again everybody who played this game: how does one win this stupid fight against Farid (or so ...) ?? I could not figure out how to play it ... where to click or which keys to press ... any help is appreciated cause it´s gonna be annoying ...

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes