• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lust Selection [Ep. 2] [Select GameWorks]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017

The story begins with the main protagonist James coming on-board the company as a senior project manager. This new workplace has its fair share of hot and attractive office ladies, however, what may appear on the surface as a completely normal and friendly office environment is actually just a facade for what really lies beneath.
In episode one, James is first tasked to manage a team of misfits, each with their own personal issues.
In order to shape up the team for competition, he first needs to solve each of their personal problems.
First on the list is Sandy. Will James help Sandy with her ex-boyfriend's harassment by hatching a plot so perfectly executed that it positions him as the perfect white knight?
Or will James, try to take advantage of her situation to satisfy his lust with her body?
The office Ice Queen Sylvia, who is she really? Is she really this cold to everyone or is there another side of her she does not want to reveal, especially after witnessing that… compromising situation of hers?
Lust Selection [Episode 1][WIN/LINUX]
/

Lust Selection [Episode 1][MAC]
/

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I noticed a weird dialogue in which the main character says (I held back from saying "my wife..." Terry's girlfriend...)

So she was his wife and left him at the beginning? I assume this game was meant to have a deeper ntr feel because I thought she was just his girlfriend. He clearly seems to still have feelings for her when she first sees him after 2 years, and she ends up casually making out with Terry specifically in front of him.

I'm not fully sure, but I think this may need an ntr tag.

n0b0dy

Jun 1, 2017
I noticed a weird dialogue in which the main character says (I held back from saying "my wife..." Terry's girlfriend...)

So she was his wife and left him at the beginning? I assume this game was meant to have a deeper ntr feel because I thought she was just his girlfriend. He clearly seems to still have feelings for her when she first sees him after 2 years, and she ends up casually making out with Terry specifically in front of him.

I'm not fully sure, but I think this may need an ntr tag.
They were married for two years and then had a mutual break up because the relationship went sour. Not sure how you missed this, the game even has a picture of their wedding day :p (also seen in the OP)

I have seen no reason to suspect any NTR. There sure as hell is none in the game right now and if it would be going in that direction it is likely the MC would have stronger feelings of jealousy instead of barely caring as he does now. Also the game does everything it can to paint the new boyfriend as an insecure asshole who has an unhealthy obsession with his ex so it seems more likely the relationship won't last.

Good first version by the way. The drawings are very nicely done (even the backgrounds and such) and I thought the voice acting was pretty good too and there is also a lot of it. I don't think the story is particularly interesting or sexy but it definitely flows well and is continuously enjoyable to read. One gripe I have with it is that it seems it will be too much focused on romance and too 'mushy' but that is just my personal preference getting in the way. I'd advise anyone who likes those kinds of 'sweet' novels to give this one a shot. If you are more a fan of the hardcore stuff you won't find much in this first version (and I suspect also later versions) to enjoy though.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
They were married for two years and then had a mutual break up because the relationship went sour. Not sure how you missed this, the game even has a picture of their wedding day :p (also seen in the OP)

I have seen no reason to suspect any NTR. There sure as hell is none in the game right now and if it would be going in that direction it is likely the MC would have stronger feelings of jealousy instead of barely caring as he does now. Also the game does everything it can to paint the new boyfriend as an insecure asshole who has an unhealthy obsession with his ex so it seems more likely the relationship won't last.

Good first version by the way. The drawings are very nicely done (even the backgrounds and such) and I thought the voice acting was pretty good too and there is also a lot of it. I don't think the story is particularly interesting or sexy but it definitely flows well and is continuously enjoyable to read. One gripe I have with it is that it seems it will be too much focused on romance and too 'mushy' but that is just my personal preference getting in the way. I'd advise anyone who likes those kinds of 'sweet' novels to give this one a shot. If you are more a fan of the hardcore stuff you won't find much in this first version (and I suspect also later versions) to enjoy though.
About the underlined part: also when MC meets again his ex-wife, he is not the one who begins the talk. MC's Ex-wife comes to MC and says the classic dialogue of someone who is not moving over the past relationship "Please let's be mature"(or something alike), MC was like "Meh, my ex-wife is here, see if i care i have other stuff in my mind at the moment" then he got almost chased by her in the break-room...just for those "Let's be mature, my dear ex-husband" dialogues...

Most optimistic case scenario the Ex-wife is going to change her mind about MC and crawl to him, Worst case scenario: the both of those 2, stop to talk at all, and both go foward in their lives..

Reactions: n0b0dy

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019

I was playing the demo version, not sure if there's anything different in the release.

As far as feelings of jealousy, the main character seems to show that when she makes out with terry, seemingly having a difficult time with it, and she obviously picks up on this, because she meets him in the break room, tells him it's time to move on and finish the paperwork.

I can't help but suspect she's introduced as the wife to inspire feelings of possessiveness within the mc.

I mean, your wife left you and is fucking the asshat at the office you work at. That's pretty much the definition of cucked.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I was playing the demo version, not sure if there's anything different in the release.

As far as feelings of jealousy, the main character seems to show that when she makes out with terry, seemingly having a difficult time with it, and she obviously picks up on this, because she meets him in the break room, tells him it's time to move on and finish the paperwork.

I can't help but suspect she's introduced as the wife to inspire feelings of possessiveness within the mc.

I mean, your wife left you and is fucking the asshat at the office you work at. That's pretty much the definition of cucked.
EX-WIFE

He may still love her(but nope, he doesn't otherwise there aren't reasons for their divorce, also he was kinda pissed off to see her in the break-room) but legally she is just a woman that MC doesn't love anymore...but still kissing(with such passion) in the office is un-professional...so i think that the EX-WIFE was trying to making jeolous...

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
EX-WIFE

He may still love her(but nope, he doesn't otherwise there aren't reasons for their divorce, also he was kinda pissed off to see her in the break-room) but legally she is just a woman that MC doesn't love anymore...but still kissing(with such passion) in the office is un-professional...so i think that the EX-WIFE was trying to making jeolous...
First of all, again, maybe the demo version is different, but the wife left him without finishing the paperwork, so no she's still his wife.

Second, I wouldn't be surprised if the mc did still love her, given their reaction upon first meeting. I'm not sure if there was any dialogue that implied he didn't. The real question I think is important to ask is why was she introduced as the wife? Why not girlfriend? Or maybe don't introduce her at all until the office as the girlfriend of some other guy, never yours to begin with?

I think the character dynamic she gets by being introduced as the wife is the fact that there may still be lingering feelings between them, which would add a sense of jealousy from both parties.

Third, I wouldn't be surprised if she was trying to make him jealous. That's somewhat my point though.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
First of all, again, maybe the demo version is different, but the wife left him without finishing the paperwork, so no she's still his wife.

Second, I wouldn't be surprised if the mc did still love her, given their reaction upon first meeting. I'm not sure if there was any dialogue that implied he didn't. The real question I think is important to ask is why was she introduced as the wife? Why not girlfriend? Or maybe don't introduce her at all until the office as the girlfriend of some other guy, never yours to begin with?

I think the character dynamic she gets by being introduced as the wife is the fact that there may still be lingering feelings between them, which would add a sense of jealousy from both parties.

Third, I wouldn't be surprised if she was trying to make him jealous. That's my somewhat my point though.
in the moment you admit you played the demo...you stop to have the right to talk(tecnically)...and even there the game begin with MC and that girl, while they're breaking up and she leaves...it's not the beginning of the game, it's a prologue, its purpose is to talk about MC's life, the Episode 1, the prologue is longer talking on how great their relationship was before the thing became sour...MC is just pissed to meet her, because you know, an ex-partner(at this point gender doesn't matter), working with you...not the happiest news for someone; Kinda a big pain in the thinking what you're going to do with it...

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
in the moment you admit you played the demo...you stop to have the right to talk(tecnically)...and even there the game begin with MC and that girl, while they're breaking up and she leaves...it's not the beginning of the game, it's a prologue, its purpose is to talk about MC's life, the Episode 1, the prologue is longer talking on how great their relationship was before the thing became sour...MC is just pissed to meet her, because you know, an ex-partner(at this point gender doesn't matter), working with you...not the happiest news for someone; Kinda a big pain in the thinking what you're going to do with it...
Pretty sure I have the right to talk. If you don't want to address the argument I'm making because you think it lacks validity, you have the right to ignore it. I'm not sure if the scene changed much but looking back, when she's having a meal with him right after making out with terry she talks about finishing the paperwork. Unless it's different in the game itself, she's still your wife. Where did it even say she's your ex which you repeatedly capitalized in your posts?

You've ignored my points which I consider still valid. His feelings are obviously conflicted. Yeah he's pissed, but if he didn't feel something, why does he act all strange when terry makes out with her? If there's no love in the relationship, why does he get so odd, admitting he doesn't know how to feel about it?

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
Think you guys are both right and wrong on some points.

MC could also be Numb, this all just happened and certain things are still in motion. So he might not know what to feel. Seeing the Chapter isn't closed yet.

She could still be dear to him and Vice Versa.
They even when they talk shop later in Ep1 about the Absent worker, sure she's moody but does handle it professionally. but she's is sharing her opinion on the matter regarding the Job.

Though the Intro and Ep 1 could have been fleshed out a bit more.

BTW any information when Ep2 is scheduled? or even the rest of it.

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019

Episode 2 is where all the "Hardcore" action begins.

SelectGameworks

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2019
Think you guys are both right and wrong on some points.

MC could also be Numb, this all just happened and certain things are still in motion. So he might not know what to feel. Seeing the Chapter isn't closed yet.

She could still be dear to him and Vice Versa.
They even when they talk shop later in Ep1 about the Absent worker, sure she's moody but does handle it professionally. but she's is sharing her opinion on the matter regarding the Job.

Though the Intro and Ep 1 could have been fleshed out a bit more.

BTW any information when Ep2 is scheduled? or even the rest of it.
Episode 2 will be released for patrons first in 2 weeks. Public releases should come a little later.

Reactions: n0b0dy

Salopio

Mar 16, 2019
I love the arts ! Great story :p English is not my main language, it' the first time in a adult game that I need to translate some word and i like that because it makes improve my English. I'm waiting to see how it will grow up and I think i will support the game when i could.

Reactions: SelectGameworks
3.80 star(s) 5 Votes