Votes: 251 17.2%
  • Isabella

Votes: 194 13.3%
  • Jane

Votes: 123 8.4%

• Total voters

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
Now, this is a genuine question - why do you like Game Over screens? How do they enrich the gameplay experience?
[...]
You are mistaking Game Over screens with Game Ending - which might be called by many the "Bad Ending" in this case.
Game Overs are usually premature, [...] some of which may result in your immediate death, and are not part of the true endings the game offers if you survive the situation.
[...]
I am not advocating against Bad Endings, but against Game Over screens. The MC can "lose" in both, but one is premature and the other finishes out the story.
[...]
but if it is an actual ending that ends at the "same time" as all the other endings, then yeah - be my guest.
First of all: Thanks for clarifying.
It is hard for me to really get a grip on my thoughts about it, but I think your differentiation of "game over"-ending and "bad"-ending is unneccessary or rather a blurred separation and you might miss something good if you insist on it.
You are using the "premature"-property to contrast a "game over" ending against a "bad"-ending. And I am hearing a frustration about the game-overs - a can relate to that, but...

Let's make up an explainatory example: If LustfulVoyage would pick up this very funny and really hot NTR-idea:
The "Black Pearl" enters in a collision with MC's ship and Sparrow take over the girls (NTR)
The Black Pearl enters and the MC is at deck. You have three options:
1. Shoot all cannons (even the rusty ones)
2. Shoot only the good ones
3. Flee

So, here comes the smallest Game-Over that I think is ok, but not very funny either:
If you chose 1, the ship explodes, Game over. If roll back is enabled here, I just say "damn" and have a grin on my face. I agree with you, if rollback is disabled and you forgot to save, this can suck. But I really like to feel an impact of my choices and loosing can be a part of a game. Like attacking a too strong Ork in the beginning of Gothic and getting killed. It transports the game-feeling. I would not like this in sex scenes - for obvious reasons ;) - but in the "game"-parts, I find it ok.

It would even create a stronger consequences-feeling if the game-over-decision was made a little before:
Scene at the habour before sailing off and meeting the Black pearl:
1. Fuck Pamela
2. Repair the rusty cannons.
After that some more gameplay (but not hours, please) and then, when you meet the Black pear, you will only be presented with 2 options:
1. Shoot the cannons (Game Over if you did not repair the rusty cannons before)
2. Flee

Yes, this Game-Over would feel even more as a chore or even punishment if this mechanic occured for the first time in the game. But, if well done, it would get you into really thinking as a captain and not only with your dick. You would think more carefully in the next habour, if a salesman would give you an hour with his daughter for selling him all your cannonballs. "Can I really go for it, or will Jack attack soon? Is he even Jacks spy?"
THIS "real" consequence is what I mean. And if you don't have to grind through all the game to repair a wrong decision, I really like it. This feeling of choices that matter would not (easily) be possible to archive without Game-Overs.
Would you agree?

But let us also look about your liking that every "regular" (non-game-over) playthrough should have almost exactly the same size. I think this is also a little boring. Yes, this is what is done by most of the creators, because they do not want to really split their development that much. But if they had some spare time and ideas, it could be used well.
Let's get back to our example, the Black Pearl and two options:
2. Flee

If you shoot your cannons, the ship get's entered and Sparrow takes away all your girls (maybe by force, maybe seeming to make peace with you, but stealing your girl time after time). Let's say you serve him some time as a slave, havbe some adventures at the isles as slave where you can only submit to free ladies and pirates, be their sex toy for example and then, there is nothing much to tell in your like, you die as a bitter, old slave in chains (or get killed by Sparrow).
If you fled, you keep the girls, try to get the old captain's treasure, conquer many other isles and so on. There is much more to tell. The slave-route will be good for 4 updates, but the staying-captain-route can be spun oder 8 updates. Why not?
In contrast, I always find it a little boring, if all decisions lead to the same result. If done well, it is ok, but having two independent paths feels better in my opinion. The only downsides: It would take a lot of thinking and two good plot-ideas instead of one - and if you only like one of the paths, you might only be able to play the shorter one.
What do you think?

Sorry for the wall of text, but I could not get it shorter in an understandable way, I am afraid.

Spice o Juice

Emerges from the shadows for some Vajayjay,全能のプッシュ
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2024
H

The Black Pearl enters and the MC is at deck. You have three options:
1. Shoot all cannons (even the rusty ones)
2. Shoot only the good ones
3. Flee

So, here comes the smallest Game-Over that I think is ok, but not very funny either:
If you chose 1, the ship explodes, Game over. If roll back is enabled here, I just say "damn" and have a grin on my face. I agree with you, if rollback is disabled and you forgot to save, this can suck. But I really like to feel an impact of my choices and loosing can be a part of a game. Like attacking a too strong Ork in the beginning of Gothic and getting killed. It transports the game-feeling. I would not like this in sex scenes - for obvious reasons ;) - but in the "game"-parts, I find it ok.

It would even create a stronger consequences-feeling if the game-over-decision was made a little before:
Scene at the habour before sailing off and meeting the Black pearl:
1. Fuck Pamela
2. Repair the rusty cannons.
After that some more gameplay (but not hours, please) and then, when you meet the Black pear, you will only be presented with 2 options:
2. Flee

Yes, this Game-Over would feel even more as a chore or even punishment if this mechanic occured for the first time in the game. But, if well done, it would get you into really thinking as a captain and not only with your dick. You would think more carefully in the next habour, if a salesman would give you an hour with his daughter for selling him all your cannonballs. "Can I really go for it, or will Jack attack soon? Is he even Jacks spy?"
THIS "real" consequence is what I mean. And if you don't have to grind through all the game to repair a wrong decision, I really like it. This feeling of choices that matter would not (easily) be possible to archive without Game-Overs.
Would you agree?

But let us also look about your liking that every "regular" (non-game-over) playthrough should have almost exactly the same size. I think this is also a little boring. Yes, this is what is done by most of the creators, because they do not want to really split their development that much. But if they had some spare time and ideas, it could be used well.
Let's get back to our example, the Black Pearl and two options:
2. Flee

If you shoot your cannons, the ship get's entered and Sparrow takes away all your girls (maybe by force, maybe seeming to make peace with you, but stealing your girl time after time). Let's say you serve him some time as a slave, havbe some adventures at the isles as slave where you can only submit to free ladies and pirates, be their sex toy for example and then, there is nothing much to tell in your like, you die as a bitter, old slave in chains (or get killed by Sparrow).
If you fled, you keep the girls, try to get the old captain's treasure, conquer many other isles and so on. There is much more to tell. The slave-route will be good for 4 updates, but the staying-captain-route can be spun oder 8 updates. Why not?
In contrast, I always find it a little boring, if all decisions lead to the same result. If done well, it is ok, but having two independent paths feels better in my opinion. The only downsides: It would take a lot of thinking and two good plot-ideas instead of one - and if you only like one of the paths, you might only be able to play the shorter one.
What do you think?

Sorry for the wall of text, but I could not get it shorter in an understandable way, I am afraid.
Just the comment i was waiting for lol
I was too lazy to be more creative
Glad that you had scrifice your time dude (y) it totally worth it
Fantástic creativity;)
It's rare to find Someone here with so much attention for the English litterature, me honestly it's not my cup of tea and not being a native doesn't help either:)

Last edited:

Stall0

Dec 30, 2023
Finished 0.3, all the routes. It's shaping up to be one of my all time favs. Sadly I cannot support due to financial reasons.
I love how we have a sorta chad route as well along with the cool ntr. This kind of ntr with 'ugly bastards' is very rare. Finally the brother of the captain Otis got a scene too!

However, Scallywag Games I have some observations:

- The introduction of supernatural elements is interesting, although you have to decide on what level it'll impact the story, as one of the strengths of this game is the realistic Caribbean setting, so wizards throwing fireballs every second may detract from this.
Although, seeing how you gave the Diablo waifu such delicious tits, I hope she'll have scenes in the future;)
- The route where you share the secret of the undercover girl on the ship was surprisingly dark. That kind of ntr is not my cup of tea, so that was too much for me. I wonder if the continuation of the story will have such scenes as I really like the current bright, light and not depressing style.
- The models are great, but sometimes when boobs get pressed together by arms they look a bit funky.
- I'd have loved to see a dark skinned or a native American lady in this, but I understand that you already have many characters to juggle, bloating up the cast will risk girls having too few scenes. In this game building on establishing LI's is better I think, although the newcomers, the blonde aunt and the mom's friend are very hot!
- I checked and relatively earlier decisions can affect the story going forward. This may become a problem in the future without a guide of sorts, if the game becomes long and e.g. players stop playing for a time and forget things. Finding all the routes can become very difficult in vertically and horizontally long games. In Sexbot for example, you have an in-game display of the stats of girls. Again, this is just advice for the future.

We love your work <3

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
The introduction of supernatural elements is interesting, although you have to decide on what level it'll impact the story, as one of the strengths of this game is the realistic Caribbean setting,
I see where you are pointing at and I would agree. But since the behavior of the characters so far is not so realistic, I think this would also fit in good. This game already has some Jack Sparrow atmosphere to it
- The route where you share the secret of the undercover girl on the ship was surprisingly dark.
I loved this part. It felt so much serious and away fron the rest of the game. Even the indian guy getting (possibly) ahead of his fellow pirat boy was a little dark, but blackmailing the female pirate is very promising. Good to have a game where you can choose the level of darkness.
Just don't tell him and he won't be blackmailig her.
Even thouch I doubt he will be able to set his plan in action, but let's see.

Reactions: Spice o Juice

Spice o Juice

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2024
I see where you are pointing at and I would agree. But since the behavior of the characters so far is not so realistic, I think this would also fit in good. This game already has some Jack Sparrow atmosphere to it

I loved this part. It felt so much serious and away fron the rest of the game. Even the indian guy getting (possibly) ahead of his fellow pirat boy was a little dark, but blackmailing the female pirate is very promising. Good to have a game where you can choose the level of darkness.
I don't konw but will the blackmail working?

I mean, mc did allowed girls in the ship right?

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
The slave-route will be good for 4 updates, but the staying-captain-route can be spun oder 8 updates. Why not?
What do you think?

Nah, it's not boring, it frees up the workload for the dev, and creates a compelling case for a true sequel that can be affected by your choices in the first game.

I like all of your ideas, but only the ideas - not the execution you've suggested.
Every branching path deserves a balanced amount of content, not less. Consequences is not a synonym for punishment, so it doesn't have to be.

I am playing the full NTR playthrough, and I expect a lot of content - but I wouldn't want people playing the MC as a harem collector to have less either, especially because mathematically it makes no sense (there's an equal amount of LIs in whatever path you choose). Maybe both paths lead to the same destination, but what happens once there is also fluid, and with good writing & setup, you can have a two distinct playthroughs end similarly in a satisfying manner. Not everything has to be drastically different from one path to another, especially so if one is considering a sequel.

Stall0

Dec 30, 2023

Well, yeah, but I always give a big leeway with these kinds of stories in terms of characters' behaviour. What's more important is if they're internally consistent and logical, and fit in the plot. Lots of niche kinks need the audience to let things slide for enjoyment.
My comment was more along the lines of not let this devolve into a WoW like world. PotC is good cus if you look at it, the supernatural there is inserted only in key points, they don't overtake the world. A low fantasy setting would fit this story better imo.

The drinking game scene was a bit funny to me because if you think about it it was ntr-ception, along with the fisherman fucking Kayla again :D
What I meant by dark is the girl's reaction to the events. But yes, I'd guess too that route will have 2 endings, one where it's ntr and the other where MC or another better crew member saves the girl and gets something in return.

Reactions: TimoF965

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Would like to see kayla without a blindfold tho(she should be willing to have sex)
It looks to be a possibility on Kayla's NTR path, if you keep letting her get manhandled by the fisherman.
Remember, Kayla is definitely suspicious after the second encounter she thought MC was behind - maybe during the third she boldly attempts to figure out whose cock that actually is - and allows the fisherman to have his way as she is enjoying herself too much?

cmonn

Formerly 'Tanmeee'
Apr 29, 2023
It looks to be a possibility on Kayla's NTR path, if you keep letting her get manhandled by the fisherman.
Remember, Kayla is definitely suspicious after the second encounter she thought MC was behind - maybe during the third she boldly attempts to figure out whose cock that actually is - and allows the fisherman to have his way as she is enjoying herself too much?
Would be shocked though if she allows it, complete flip of the narrative.
I think Dev will have to create a certain scenario for this cheating scene to happen.
Im really curious what this next scene will look like.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Would be shocked though if she allows it, complete flip of the narrative.
I think Dev will have to create a certain scenario for this cheating scene to happen.
Im really curious what this next scene will look like.
Well, unless Kayla flips the script on the fisherman, then there really is no true NTR between MC and his GF - since Kayla is unknowingly cheating on him, and neither know it.

This a lewd game after all, so think about it: Kayla's boyfriend reject her several times, all while getting some amazing pipe in between the rejections. Finding out your boyfriend doesn't want to sleep with you while some other dude has been giving you orgasms is bound to have some consequences...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TimoF965 and cmonn

cmonn

Formerly 'Tanmeee'
Apr 29, 2023
Ntr/cheating will happen
I wishlist a sharing scene though, cucking this mc would be weird(he dosen't look like an idiot)
Imagine him sharing kayla(likely with wayne)

Spice o Juice

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2024
[
Ntr/cheating will happen
I wishlist a sharing scene though, cucking this mc would be weird(he dosen't look like an idiot)
Imagine him sharing kayla(likely with wayne)
It's not him who would be an idiot :ROFLMAO:
It's the player who's influencing him by the choices he made:KEK:
Don't blame mc :LOL:
download.jpeg

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes