• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Ren'Py Lusty Buccaneers [v0.5] [Nika]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

banuma

Jul 5, 2018
Saint Blackmoor
Thank you very much for your comment! We fully agree that everyone has their tastes and perceives the artistic aspect differently... We take the review you highlighted as coming from someone who simply doesn't like our art... This game involves a lot of work! We believe that our artistic aspect is very well-polished compared to other AI games that leave many flaws unaddressed and discredit this sector of developers.
Answering here because of the mention. Absolutely true I don't like the art style especially in this case. Explained it in the review.

My opinion (!) is that it looks generic and what is more important to me, lacks charm. This does not mean that you didn't put in a lot of work and on a technical level everything looks good.

Others may like it. You will never please everyone and that is okay. Seems our tastes are different. No problem here. Maybe I will be proven wrong in the next months and change my opinion.

Good luck with your game.

Nika-Dev

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2024
Cool. Longer animated scenes would be great. Good luck!
In the future, I plan to create fully animated scenes... These events will improve little by little, and we might need to hire someone to help us with that. But for that, we would need the support for the project to keep growing.

• Love
Reactions: natz23

Maeva5

Jul 28, 2019
Hello, the fishing mini game is broken, i pressed all button and nothing happen just the little green area moving just a little bit up but nothing more than it with all what i tried.

Reactions: Nika-Dev

Nika-Dev

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2024
Hello, the fishing mini game is broken, i pressed all button and nothing happen just the little green area moving just a little bit up but nothing more than it with all what i tried.
Hello Maeva5! In our opinion it is just a matter of practice, you will get used to it over time...
To fish correctly, the player needs to keep the green bar over the fish for as long as possible until it is caught. It is not necessary to click repeatedly, the key is to click intermittently so that the green bar stays on top of the fish. If the fish rises, click intermittently, if it falls, stop clicking.
It's a minigame similar to those typical of, for example, 'Stardew Valley'. You could perhaps watch a video.
If you continue having problems after doing as I mentioned, please let us know. We currently have no bug reports in the game, except for yours. Thank you for your comment!

Maeva5

Jul 28, 2019
Hello Maeva5! In our opinion it is just a matter of practice, you will get used to it over time...
To fish correctly, the player needs to keep the green bar over the fish for as long as possible until it is caught. It is not necessary to click repeatedly, the key is to click intermittently so that the green bar stays on top of the fish. If the fish rises, click intermittently, if it falls, stop clicking.
It's a minigame similar to those typical of, for example, 'Stardew Valley'. You could perhaps watch a video.
If you continue having problems after doing as I mentioned, please let us know. We currently have no bug reports in the game, except for yours. Thank you for your comment!
Thanks for your answer but i know played stardew valley and i reconized it, the things that whatever how i click, the green area makes always a little jump and thats all, like if a rope tie it up down.

Mentor

May 6, 2017
Lusty Buccaneers v0.5 save

Windows:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LustyBuccaneers-1710165633

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes