• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Ren'Py Lusty Buccaneers [v0.6] [Nika]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

banuma

Jul 5, 2018
Saint Blackmoor
Thank you very much for your comment! We fully agree that everyone has their tastes and perceives the artistic aspect differently... We take the review you highlighted as coming from someone who simply doesn't like our art... This game involves a lot of work! We believe that our artistic aspect is very well-polished compared to other AI games that leave many flaws unaddressed and discredit this sector of developers.
Answering here because of the mention. Absolutely true I don't like the art style especially in this case. Explained it in the review.

My opinion (!) is that it looks generic and what is more important to me, lacks charm. This does not mean that you didn't put in a lot of work and on a technical level everything looks good.

Others may like it. You will never please everyone and that is okay. Seems our tastes are different. No problem here. Maybe I will be proven wrong in the next months and change my opinion.

Good luck with your game.

Nika-Dev

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2024
Cool. Longer animated scenes would be great. Good luck!
In the future, I plan to create fully animated scenes... These events will improve little by little, and we might need to hire someone to help us with that. But for that, we would need the support for the project to keep growing.

• Love
Reactions: natz23

Maeva5

Jul 28, 2019
Hello, the fishing mini game is broken, i pressed all button and nothing happen just the little green area moving just a little bit up but nothing more than it with all what i tried.

Reactions: Nika-Dev

Nika-Dev

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2024
Hello, the fishing mini game is broken, i pressed all button and nothing happen just the little green area moving just a little bit up but nothing more than it with all what i tried.
Hello Maeva5! In our opinion it is just a matter of practice, you will get used to it over time...
To fish correctly, the player needs to keep the green bar over the fish for as long as possible until it is caught. It is not necessary to click repeatedly, the key is to click intermittently so that the green bar stays on top of the fish. If the fish rises, click intermittently, if it falls, stop clicking.
It's a minigame similar to those typical of, for example, 'Stardew Valley'. You could perhaps watch a video.
If you continue having problems after doing as I mentioned, please let us know. We currently have no bug reports in the game, except for yours. Thank you for your comment!

Maeva5

Jul 28, 2019
Hello Maeva5! In our opinion it is just a matter of practice, you will get used to it over time...
To fish correctly, the player needs to keep the green bar over the fish for as long as possible until it is caught. It is not necessary to click repeatedly, the key is to click intermittently so that the green bar stays on top of the fish. If the fish rises, click intermittently, if it falls, stop clicking.
It's a minigame similar to those typical of, for example, 'Stardew Valley'. You could perhaps watch a video.
If you continue having problems after doing as I mentioned, please let us know. We currently have no bug reports in the game, except for yours. Thank you for your comment!
Thanks for your answer but i know played stardew valley and i reconized it, the things that whatever how i click, the green area makes always a little jump and thats all, like if a rope tie it up down.

Mentor

May 6, 2017
Lusty Buccaneers v0.5 save

Windows:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LustyBuccaneers-1710165633

Nika-Dev

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2024
Thanks for your answer but i know played stardew valley and i reconized it, the things that whatever how i click, the green area makes always a little jump and thats all, like if a rope tie it up down.
Hello again! I just downloaded version 0.5, and fishing works correctly for me. By clicking repeatedly, the green area rises. If the fish drops, I stop clicking so the green area falls. Please try with version 0.5, and if the problem persists, let me know. So far, no one else has complained about not being able to fish. Some people don't understand the mini-game, but I'll put up a tutorial for that. Keep in mind that it's not about holding the click but clicking repeatedly at regular intervals.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bro9988

Nika-Dev

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2024
Ai usually doesn't do well when making Perona so I'm glad she looks good here
Thanks! I'm glad to hear you like Perona! The images I generate with AI are just a starting point, a guide for the final product. I always modify them, fixing details and imperfections!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bro9988

kiratalk

May 30, 2024
A few days ago, I added the cheat menu as a benefit to specific tiers on Patreon. I want to offer more exclusive benefits to show appreciation for their support, which is essential for the growth of the game.
would be better if patreons had more influence in the game making,hiding things into the patreon is not good for any game dev,becuse it will leak here sonner than u think

Nika-Dev

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2024
would be better if patreons had more influence in the game making,hiding things into the patreon is not good for any game dev,becuse it will leak here sonner than u think
I understand what you're saying. For example, in the coming days, there will be a poll where patrons will choose the next buccaneer to appear in the game in version 0.8. We encourage Patreons to have more influence in the game's development and consider it a way of thanking them for their support.

Similarly, we understand that the cheat menu can be useful for all players, but it's not essential to the game. This makes it an excellent reward for those who support the game more. Keep in mind that without their support, I wouldn't be able to dedicate myself to the game or bring more high-quality content.

I'm sure that people who really enjoy the game would prefer not having access to the cheat menu in exchange for having more high-quality content. And if they can afford it, they'll support me for my hard work and access some extra benefits. The game has only been out for 2 months, and thanks to many patrons, I can continue dedicating myself to this. Hopefully, it will grow enough to pay others to help with development and animations.

In summary, everyone wins: as a developer, I get to focus on what I'm passionate about, patrons get extra benefits, and users can enjoy better content.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes