Mod Ren'Py LustyVerse: [VN Series] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
guys i have a problem game won't start with me any help please

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 382, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))
ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.7.1862

Sat Apr 22 05:38:52 2023
Of course it won't start. You've change the RenPy version from which the VN was built on by the developer plus other shenanigans. You (or wherever you got this from) created your own issue there. Install the VN as is then run it. Why are you pulling shenanigans on a game that does not require you to do so? If it ain't broke, don't fix it... and if it needs to be fixed you certainly are going about it the wrong way.

modo200

Feb 5, 2018
Of course it won't start. You've change the RenPy version from which the VN was built on by the developer plus other shenanigans. You (or wherever you got this from) created your own issue there. Install the VN as is then run it. Why are you pulling shenanigans on a game that does not require you to do so? If it ain't broke, don't fix it... and if it needs to be fixed you certainly are going about it the wrong way.
sorry i didn't mean to post it here :cry: my mistake :WutFace:
and thanks for anwsering you didn't have to but much appreciated :love:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
sorry i didn't mean to post it here :cry: my mistake :WutFace:
and thanks for anwsering you didn't have to but much appreciated :love:
Up to you, I don't mind helping folks... but I can't help if I don't know what real core issue you are trying to solve (as I asked in the previous post). You're call.

modo200

Feb 5, 2018
Up to you, I don't mind helping folks... but I can't help if I don't know what real core issue you are trying to solve (as I asked in the previous post). You're call.
thanks again but i already solved it
my driver was the issue and i updated it and worked fine :love:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'll be updating this VN to the very latest mod Core so that I can port the base over to LustyVerse: PassionOnDisplay

I reckon I'll just list all the LustyVerse VN's in here as I knock them out.

Of course these particular multi-mods are a bit different as they don't really require a ChoiceGuide... but you get all the other benefits such as UI customization, SanchoGallery, alt-character renaming, etc.

Anyway, that's my knee-jerk reaction to the latest LustyVerse product that just dropped. I'll keep y'all posted.

Reactions: jm320 and devonY7

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I think there is only 2.

1689718089906.png

There is ANOTHER NEW WINCESTON GAME COMING OUT SOON TO :ROFLMAO: So get ready to mod it to :lepew:

1689718139923.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Had a delay due to having to update "Erotica". That's done. I'm back on POD now. I think I just have to populate SanchoGallery at this point... and code cleanup of course.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I've got this new LV about sorted:
LV POD P1 SM B01c1.jpg

While I cleanup the code and make a benchtesting retail build I'll think of how to push this out. I'm thinking to just rename this thread to the LV Series and just list them separately in the OP rather than make new threads for each. Seems logical but will make for a more cluttered OP.

I'll think of something.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod LV: Passion On Disaplay (Part 1)
LV POD P1 SM B03a1.jpg LV POD P1 SM B03a2.jpg
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

See post here regarding how I handled "Lust Time" in SanchoGallery.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Game won't launch =/
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Same error here for Passion On Display. Game won't launch.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Same here.
i got the same error using the non crunched version
Sincerest apologies. I have no idea why this error wasn't thrown on bench testing (I tested it on 4 different testing machines), but it is indeed an error.

Very embarrassing. Please give me a bit to resolve and I'll push a maintenance release.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update for POD (Critical)

Links in mod's OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolves a VN exception error on start if the Player had never played the VN previously after installing the mod. Thanks to all those who reported the bug in the mod's thread and apologies for the inconvenience.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Mentions: PunkHooligan FjP-ji-u1bVVL-Ap skrusher

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i got the same error using the non crunched version
You're error is different. According to your traceback you're running Shackbang. Insure you DL'd and installed the correct mod for the specific VN chapter then please report back.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update for ShackBang (Non-Critical)

Links in mod's OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Updated VN to the latest Core code and features.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Reactions: rikimissing

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, finally caught up with the Dev on Passion on Display, that was A LOT of playing, but no problems I could see from the mod on this one. Just wonder now, if Passion on Display would be the next update, or Shack Bang, or an unknown 3rd game next. Either way, thank you so much for your work on this mod.