VN Ren'Py Lysandra and the Goblins [Demo] [Periapt]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes
May 30, 2017
I promise there is no way I will be abandoning the project! I've planned out the rest of the VN and gotten a lot of the work done already. I know it's really sad when a project gets dropped because the dev gets overwhelmed so I have tried to be realistic about how much I can do. Unless something really awful happens in my personal life I think it will be finished within a year.

And please don't kill the goblins! They are such beautiful creatures! :sick:
why did you lie to us =(

Periapt

May 22, 2022
Ok, just figured out how to do the multi-quote thing so I don't have to multi-post lol.

Really like where this is headed. I keep coming back to see if theres any updates. youre doing a good job man.
Thanks man. I really appreciate these kinds of comments! It means a lot to me!

So this was all lies. Not even surprised :cautious:
why did you lie to us =(

Actually, I just uploaded version two of the demo! There's a new sex scene and a bit more story. Life's been hectic and not making progress as fast as I hoped, but the show is still on the road! I've been continuing to work on the project, but I'm just not very active on F95 so it might look like there are long periods with no updates sometimes. If you want to poke me about how things are going, I am more active on my Discord.

Last edited:

Periapt

May 22, 2022
Also, I just noticed that the thread has been tagged abandoned. That may have been why some might have gotten the wrong impression. I'm not the OP of the thread so I don't have any control over it.

Can someone enlighten me as to how/why games are considered abandoned on F95?

Reactions: Recnq and Xeron_Xr

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Also, I just noticed that the thread has been tagged abandoned. That may have been why some might have gotten the wrong impression. I'm not the OP of the thread so I don't have any control over it.

Can someone enlighten me as to how/why games are considered abandoned on F95?
I can't 100% confirm this, but I think a game is tagged as abandoned if 3+ months go by with no word from the developer, or if 15 or 18 (one of those) months go by where the dev is active but no actual update to the game has been posted (for cases where the dev continually promises things but never delivers)

Reactions: Periapt

Periapt

May 22, 2022
I can't 100% confirm this, but I think a game is tagged as abandoned if 3+ months go by with no word from the developer, or if 15 or 18 (one of those) months go by where the dev is active but no actual update to the game has been posted (for cases where the dev continually promises things but never delivers)
Ah ok, so I just have to post something in this thread every couple months? I can do that. I just prefer not to talk too much about updates until they are close to being finished because I don't want to fall into the second category you mentioned. I guess I'm still trying to find the right balance between hyping the game up and trying not to overpromise.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Ah ok, so I just have to post something in this thread every couple months? I can do that. I just prefer not to talk too much about updates until they are close to being finished because I don't want to fall into the second category you mentioned. I guess I'm still trying to find the right balance between hyping the game up and trying not to overpromise.
I can understand that. Speaking from my own personal experience as someone who has never developed a game but written for a couple and follows a lot of projects that are still WIP, I would advise you to at least provide a monthly update post. It could be as simple as "Still working on it guys!" or something a little more in-depth, like talking a bit about "(x) amount of scenes have been written and illustrated this month" or something along those lines. Giving people something is far better than radio silence.

Periapt

May 22, 2022
I can understand that. Speaking from my own personal experience as someone who has never developed a game but written for a couple and follows a lot of projects that are still WIP, I would advise you to at least provide a monthly update post. It could be as simple as "Still working on it guys!" or something a little more in-depth, like talking a bit about "(x) amount of scenes have been written and illustrated this month" or something along those lines. Giving people something is far better than radio silence.
That makes sense. I don't really have any kind of Sempai to guide me about this sort of thing. I am working on the game in my spare time after my day job, just kind of learning as I go. I appreciate the advice and I guess I'll take this as another learning experience. I'll try and make some sort of quick update post on here and itch.io every month or two to let people know I'm still plugging away at it.

Anyway, hopefully I can contact someone and get the "Abandoned" tag removed. I don't want more people to get the wrong impression.

In the meantime, anyone who wants to try the latest version of the demo can check it out on my itch.io page. The

Reactions: Hargan2

Periapt

May 22, 2022
Good, it was either that or a lot of facepalms or something ;)

Thanks Periapt . Don't take anything I say the wrong way. Just my way to bump this thread back into discussions.
No worries! It all seemed to be down to a misunderstanding because of certain rules I wasn't aware of. As long as you know I'm not gonna abandon the project, that's what matters. There may be some delays, but as long as I'm still alive, I'll keep working till it's finished!

• Red Heart
Reactions: StarFayek
Jan 21, 2020
Glad to see you're sticking with this. I actually discovered this because I check the abandoned games every few months. Saw this gorgeous art and was disappointed it wasn't going to be continued. (Nothing personal to earlier messages, lots of devs promise the world and leave anyways. Such is life.)

Regardless, I know game development can be hard but if you stick with it I'm sure you'll have something great here! Cheers.

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes