Unity Abandoned Magic Girls-Token Academy Simulated Battle [v0.20 Update] [TEmagic]

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
TEmagic, mate i enjoyed this demo its well presented and done. Thank you for sharing.

I must say its very solid start.

I don't recall ever playing anything similar that had both dating sim and puzzle (bejeweled/candy crush style).

The actual battle system is good, it intrigued me once I started understanding whats what, and later on game become easy.

A simple learning curve that I had to overcome to never lose. (playing at ease on hard mode).

These type of games usually dominate in art area, which right now isint the strongest part, neither it is a weaker one, but nevertheless as I mentioned gameplay is interesting. Which covers up for now. (dont get me wrong, the art is beautiful).

Its understandable that whole game's UI/menu will change in time gradually.
As I personally think shaping up the core at first and later on dressing up is a proper progression order.

So props for the rest of your team good start.

Advice:
It would be so nice if you would add that magic book (with combos), Screenshot_6.png , inside battle screen.

The shops background is too bright ! (I know its placeholder background but really change it :D )

Hopefully, in future updates during battle system, the girls will have some sort of animation or reaction to attacks.

Will future updates have possibility to have two skills during battle ? for example "paradigm shift" and "brainstorm", or just single skill?

Also how do I unlock this ?

Screenshot_5.png

"Ending event" ?_?

At any rate, good luck on this project, will be waiting for more :)

Reactions: TEmagic

kaizoman

Jan 15, 2019
Or maybe I should delete the DLstie link? Because I am new to F95, I originally put the DLsite link so that Japanese players can see the game introduction in Japanese (because my Patreon homepage only has an English introduction).
I am very happy to hear your(everyone's) opinions. :) Thank you!
im no mod but i think you must(?) give a link to the original.
i see many games here linking to the original DL so its fine. im just saying 1 screenshot for a game (costing money or not) is really... idk bad.

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
You don't have to apologise or excuse yourself. I'm just suggesting you get an editor or proof-reader that can make it sound more natural.
Thank you for your understanding! I also have this thought, but unfortunately, I don't have enough funds to hire a better editor or proof-reader. My current writer is a friend who works for me for free. I am grateful for his help, and I cannot ask him more.

Anyway, thank you very much for your playing, patiently reading the sentences that are not fluent, and giving valuable suggestions for this game! (y) (y) (y)
Although you may not enjoy this game, I hope that when there are better texts in the future, it will make you change your mind!:)

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
Maybe your country does not have a cooperative relationship with Google?:unsure: Or is Google blocked in your country?:unsure::unsure:

If so, you may need a VPN.;)
Thank you for your report.(y)
Even tho I used mega, I gave it a try on gdrive just now to see if he was alone having this problem.

Screenshot_7.png

I dont think its countrys issue, its something with settings that is set up. I tried using VPN, got same results.

You might want to double check settings, TEmagic.

Or is this what I'm suppose to be seeing ? I honestly never use gdrive, so I have no idea. Thought I'd share nevertheless lol.

• Wow

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
TEmagic, mate i enjoyed this demo its well presented and done. Thank you for sharing.

I must say its very solid start.

I don't recall ever playing anything similar that had both dating sim and puzzle (bejeweled/candy crush style).

The actual battle system is good, it intrigued me once I started understanding whats what, and later on game become easy.

A simple learning curve that I had to overcome to never lose. (playing at ease on hard mode).

These type of games usually dominate in art area, which right now isint the strongest part, neither it is a weaker one, but nevertheless as I mentioned gameplay is interesting. Which covers up for now. (dont get me wrong, the art is beautiful).

Its understandable that whole game's UI/menu will change in time gradually.
As I personally think shaping up the core at first and later on dressing up is a proper progression order.

So props for the rest of your team good start.

Advice:
It would be so nice if you would add that magic book (with combos), View attachment 764974 , inside battle screen.

The shops background is too bright ! (I know its placeholder background but really change it :D )

Hopefully, in future updates during battle system, the girls will have some sort of animation or reaction to attacks.

Will future updates have possibility to have two skills during battle ? for example "paradigm shift" and "brainstorm", or just single skill?

Also how do I unlock this ?

View attachment 764977

"Ending event" ?_?

At any rate, good luck on this project, will be waiting for more :)
Thank you very much for your like and suggestions for the game!
I will answer your questions one by one.

1. About similar puzzle games, Huniepop is the best choice, because it makes me really feel like pursuing a girl and love with girls. So the creative inspiration for my game also came from this. Of course, Ryan is a much better game producer than me. I hope you won't forget my game because of this. :cry::cry:(If you like GAL more, maybe Mirror will suit you better.)

2. I am excited that some players are willing to play Hard Mode! :LOL:Because Hardmode AI is more complicated (I think). But please pay attention to the "Hard Mode Only" magic , it may make you lose the battle easily.

3. Thank you for admiring my game design! I have more magic designs, but because of my programming ability and the balance of the game, I can only go so far. And my artist is very great! I know that without his artwork, no one would download this game.(y)

4. About the UI, I agree with your idea, but its priority is very low. As you saw, this game does not have a background image yet, and some players have feedback that the text is not good enough. So I will add characters first, then solve these problems, and finally hire UI designers when I have funds.

5. Regarding the addition of magic books in battle: Actually, I had this idea at the beginning. But I don’t know where to put the button, and then I think it’s a bit unreasonable to open the magic book to watch during the battle. (Because the magic battle is very fast, if you are interested, you can watch my about the game. I hope this will not violate the rules of F95.)
I also want players to remember the magic of them(MC), so that it feels more they are MC!
If more players make this suggestion, I will update this feature in the next version.

6. For the balance of the game, only one "battle skill" can be equipped, because depending on the situation, they may be very powerful! I am sorry that this function cannot be made.
But there will be more items in the future, and you can also use props to assist yourself in battle. (Of course, buying expendable items will consume your "gold coins", so this is fair.)

7. About the ending, it cannot be unlocked temporarily because I don't have the funds to make them. As I said, my first task now is to make more girls! more and more! The ending of the character has been planned, and I will make it when I finish a certain number of girls. (The same applies to the dressing function.):)

Finally, thank you for reading. If you are interested in the game, I hope you can go to my Patreon homepage to have a look. Even if you may not necessarily become my Patron, maybe you can share my homepage with your friends!:)
Thank you!

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
Even tho I used mega, I gave it a try on gdrive just now to see if he was alone having this problem.

View attachment 765208

I dont think its countrys issue, its something with settings that is set up. I tried using VPN, got same results.

Or is this what I'm suppose to be seeing ? I honestly never use gdrive, so I have no idea. Thought I'd share nevertheless lol.
Thank you for your report! Big thanks! I will solve this problem as soon as possible!

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020

View attachment 765208

It's my fault! I fixed some problem but I forgot to modify the permissions of shared files.
I used my laptop and registered a new account for the download test, and I can download it now.
I am very sorry about that! Can you try again?

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
Thank you very much for your like and suggestions for the game!
I will answer your questions one by one.

1. About similar puzzle games, Huniepop is the best choice, because it makes me really feel like pursuing a girl and love with girls. So the creative inspiration for my game also came from this. Of course, Ryan is a much better game producer than me. I hope you won't forget my game because of this. :cry::cry:(If you like GAL more, maybe Mirror will suit you better.)

2. I am excited that some players are willing to play Hard Mode! :LOL:Because Hardmode AI is more complicated (I think). But please pay attention to the "Hard Mode Only" magic , it may make you lose the battle easily.

3. Thank you for admiring my game design! I have more magic designs, but because of my programming ability and the balance of the game, I can only go so far. And my artist is very great! I know that without his artwork, no one would download this game.(y)

4. About the UI, I agree with your idea, but its priority is very low. As you saw, this game does not have a background image yet, and some players have feedback that the text is not good enough. So I will add characters first, then solve these problems, and finally hire UI designers when I have funds.

5. Regarding the addition of magic books in battle: Actually, I had this idea at the beginning. But I don’t know where to put the button, and then I think it’s a bit unreasonable to open the magic book to watch during the battle. (Because the magic battle is very fast, if you are interested, you can watch my about the game. I hope this will not violate the rules of F95.)
I also want players to remember the magic of them(MC), so that it feels more they are MC!
If more players make this suggestion, I will update this feature in the next version.

6. For the balance of the game, only one "battle skill" can be equipped, because depending on the situation, they may be very powerful! I am sorry that this function cannot be made.
But there will be more items in the future, and you can also use props to assist yourself in battle. (Of course, buying expendable items will consume your "gold coins", so this is fair.)

7. About the ending, it cannot be unlocked temporarily because I don't have the funds to make them. As I said, my first task now is to make more girls! more and more! The ending of the character has been planned, and I will make it when I finish a certain number of girls. (The same applies to the dressing function.):)

Finally, thank you for reading. If you are interested in the game, I hope you can go to my Patreon homepage to have a look. Even if you may not necessarily become my Patron, maybe you can share my homepage with your friends!:)
Thank you!
Wow, I sense so much doubt in your words and your capabilities even tho the game has solid release, relax :D

"Ryan is a much better game producer than me" - Hey I wouldnt have bothered to comment here if I didnt see a game that is interesting, and has promising future ahead :)

"hard mode - it may make you lose the battle easily" - I dont know I honestly saw the actual difficulty change, when I realised I was playing on easy mode for a while, then I changed to normal mode. Later on swaped to Hard mode. Well I was losing at first naturally, but all this type of games gets easier once you get over learning curve.

"I know that without his artwork, no one would download this game." - once again you are wrong. The art itself shines, but without good game to lead it to it, its yet another CG collection, if you know what I mean.

"and finally hire UI designers when I have funds" - I believe you can manage that part with your artists help there, its not that hard to make simple menu, you dont need to hire extra hands, while all the tools you need is already there lol

"But I don’t know where to put the button" - Screenshot_8.jpg

Well the reason why I think it would be good idea is simple: I struggled to memorize the combos at start so I imagine others whos gonna play this might run into same issue. That is just my opinion, and something that was of inconvenience to me. Once I learned all the combos, game became easy. Well no matter what you decide, I know it will turn out great in the end.

"maybe you can share my homepage with your friends!" - sad to say I dont have friends whos interested in this type of stuff ^_^, but I can promise to follow games progress and drop an opinion/review on progress.

PS. Gdrive is working.

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
First of all, thank you for your encouragement! Big thanks! Because this is the first time I officially released a game, and my parents and relatives have always thought that I have no design talent, and I have never earn some money from creating games, so I am really not confident.o_O
But in F95, I saw hope! Someone finally played the game I made, and finally somebody appreciated my game design. Even if only you, it is enough for me to be happy for a long time! ! !:D:D:D

About Hard Mode, it is difficult for AI to see changes, because I am also designing a character AI for the first time. I used 4 times or more of the code to write Hard Mode AI. The character's thinking factors have changed from 3 to 6.
As for the "it may make you lose the battle easily", I am referring to the hidden magic of the character, such as Xianglian's "Dark Flood Current", which can cause 2500 damage to you, and at the beginning you only have 3000 HP, so you will lose the battle easily if you are not careful.
But I think you can beat Xianglian at difficult level 10 because you already know how to play! ! !(y)

I am very grateful that you like my game design.
Mainly it is not the RPG era (if you know what I mean). Everyone has higher and higher requirements for game graphics. Without good-looking (at least normal) art, many people would not even download the games. (Because I used to make art by myself, that game was terrible...)

But neither I nor my current artists understand UI design. He has always been a character artist.

Regarding the location of the button, your idea is great!(y)(y)(y)
But I think about it from the UI aspect. It’s a bit close to the exit button. I’m afraid that the player may press the wrong button. Although the surrender still needs to be determined. LOL
Have you noticed that there is no button near the exit button in each scene? (I think the obvious one is the Shop Scene.)

Finally, thank you for your support and comments! Let us make an amazing game!!!:giggle:

P.S. Good to hear that!

Reactions: Glorified_ignorance

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
Heads up, the GDrive link is blocked. Says access denied.
Thank you for discovering a mistake that I missed and that affects the player's mood. I apologize to you, and thank you and "Glorified_ignorance" for the feedback.(y) Now that the problem has been solved, I hope you can try to download the game again.

About my response to the VPN, I did not carefully consider all situations. Please forgive me. If you confirm that the Google Drive download is work, I will delete the comment as soon as possible. :)(Because I don’t know the Internet, I’m still in the Email era. And Google Drive is requested by my artist...I didn't know there was such an advanced thing six months ago...)

Regards,
TEmagic

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
Hey, guys. This is TEmagic.
We haven't seen each other for 20 days. Now I have completed v0.15, welcome everyone to download and play. Any opinions and ideas can be put forward. I will get back to you as soon as possible. The updated content has been written in the "Changelog", as is the "Plan" in the game. About the next version, when we complete the Japanese translation, we can let you see Jing's H event. :love:

Have a wonderful weekend
Cheers

FletchlingDD

Dec 4, 2018
Hey, guys. This is TEmagic.
We haven't seen each other for 20 days. Now I have completed v0.15, welcome everyone to download and play. Any opinions and ideas can be put forward. I will get back to you as soon as possible. The updated content has been written in the "Changelog", as is the "Plan" in the game. About the next version, when we complete the Japanese translation, we can let you see Jing's H event. :love:

Have a wonderful weekend
Cheers
Thanks for the announcement, I will look forward to it.

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
Heads up, the GDrive link is blocked. Says access denied.
Hi, Poopballz.
I am glad to see you "Like" me. I think you should be able to download the game and play it. I'm really sorry last time, I don't know about Google Driver clearly. Although I and other game production members conducted download tests. But we share the Driver, so no problems were found.
I don’t know if you saw my last apology (because I didn’t see your feedback). So I must once again apologize to you and other players who cannot download the game. I am very sorry!
I hope you can keep following my game and share my game with your friends. There will be more content in the future, I assure you. :D
Enjoy the game! :giggle:

FletchlingDD

Dec 4, 2018
Thank you for your looking forward! You will see the H event of the new character in the next update. :D :D :D
Hey uh, can I actually do anything to jing aside from fighting with her?
Because there are no other interactions with her and didn't encounter any story involved with her.

1599282749565.png

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
Hey uh, can I actually do anything to jing aside from fighting with her?
Because there are no other interactions with her and didn't encounter any story involved with her.

View attachment 802301
Yes, indeed. You can only fight with her in this version. :LOL:
My artist finished her HCG a few days ago. And my writer and I are still translating the Japanese text. :unsure:
The next version will be updated about the 15th. :giggle: :giggle:

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
Hey, guys! :giggle:
I'm sorry. This update has been delayed by half a month. Something happened in September. My money went faster than I thought it would, and almost no one supported me on Patreon. I can only speed up my plan that upload the game to Steam for sale. But the Steam review was more difficult than I expected. I spent a lot of time on the audit, but it still didn't pass.

But I won't give up, because I don't want to work in a supermarket anymore.

Finally, I hope that if you like my games, please support me on Patreon.:D

Thank you.

Reactions: FletchlingDD

FletchlingDD

Dec 4, 2018
Hey, guys! :giggle:
I'm sorry. This update has been delayed by half a month. Something happened in September. My money went faster than I thought it would, and almost no one supported me on Patreon. I can only speed up my plan that upload the game to Steam for sale. But the Steam review was more difficult than I expected. I spent a lot of time on the audit, but it still didn't pass.

But I won't give up, because I don't want to work in a supermarket anymore.

Finally, I hope that if you like my games, please support me on Patreon.:D

Thank you.
Hey thanks for the update, will hope for more content to come. And btw, is there any way to unlock the final CG for xianglian?
I already got max relationship stats for her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TEmagic

Aug 7, 2020
Hey thanks for the update, will hope for more content to come. And btw, is there any way to unlock the final CG for xianglian?
I already got max relationship stats for her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know that, that is her ending CG, but I don't have enough money to let my artist create that now.
I am very sorry.

And unfortunately, I don't have many patrons on Patreon now. So, if it doesn't sell well on Steam, I had to go back to the supermarket to earn money to finish my game.
And my plan is:
1. create all girls;
2. create all girls' HCG;
2.5 find some Native speaker to Translation and Proofreading.
3. create all ending CG;
3.5 create some background art.
4. create girls' new clothes.

Reactions: Oyu-i