Mod Ren'Py Maid to Please [v0.14.4] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Blud I am running into an issue. Can you check plz. Last update everything was fine and I only play with your mod.
Even on ignoring this issue is persistent. Plus on opening previous saves also gave this exact. THANK YOU!:D
The file "arcscripts.rpa" in the mod's zip didn't overwrite the VN's "arcscripts.rpa" file... apparently. Otherwise you decompiled the VN.

Do this for me:

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
The file "arcscripts.rpa" in the mod's zip didn't overwrite the VN's "arcscripts.rpa" file... apparently. Otherwise you decompiled the VN.

Do this for me:

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please.
Got it working mate. THANK YOU SO MUCH!:coffee:

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I'm letting the cat peek out of the bag a bit...

Nicke tends to get extremely impatient so there are questions before he panic-releases the next VN update.

The questions are:
  • Will I have the mod update ready or still be buried in workload and nursing a hangover?
  • Is there enough time to introduce any new mod features?
  • Will I finish the massive amount of Thanksgiving leftovers or will I simply create a magnificent replica of the mashed potatoes mountain from Close Encounters of the Third Kind?
1701005890523.jpeg
So many life altering questions.... so little time.

Nicke ... I need more time! :ROFLMAO:

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
The questions are:
  • Will I have the mod update ready or still be buried in workload and nursing a hangover?
  • Is there enough time to introduce any new mod features?
  • Will I finish the massive amount of Thanksgiving leftovers or will I simply create a magnificent replica of the mashed potatoes mountain from Close Encounters of the Third Kind?
Nicke ... I need more time! :ROFLMAO:
I'm thinking release in a couple of hours or so, while it's still daytime in Europe!

As for time...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Tell us more about this issue? ;)
Well... we disagree on how that choice should be handled to a degree, but I see your point about how you are going to use that variable so it's a wash, except it now makes the other variable questionable. I think that beth_lez += 1 should be added to that choice also then since it basically is the same as the first choice (outcome wise), ain't it? Beth gets the same satisfaction out of Choice1, Choice2, and Choice4. But... it's just my observation. Don't sweat it.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Well... we disagree on how that choice should be handled to a degree, but I see your point about how you are going to use that variable so it's a wash, except it now makes the other variable questionable. I think that beth_lez += 1 should be added to that choice also then since it basically is the same as the first choice (outcome wise), ain't it? Beth gets the same satisfaction out of Choice1, Choice2, and Choice4. But... it's just my observation. Don't sweat it.
Too long, man! (That's what SHE said!)

Thanks for making the mod!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.12.4)

Early update release for the dev's supporters.
(Publicly available soon)
1701033064175.png 1701033117603.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Got caught up with the Dev again on this, quite the interesting ending, plot thickens. And Chris's outfits this update, I liked, only wished had more Chris and Jas together scenes, like those two together. But mainly wanted to say, no problems I saw with the mod, was a load of help. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And Chris's outfits this update, I liked, only wished had more Chris and Jas together scenes, like those two together.
I have a feeling that the next update will have that, no? Jas's party is "tomorrow night". Nicke isn't going to drop any spoilers of course, but unless the next update is simply the remainder of Thursday Night and Friday Morning (which it very well could be) then if we don't get to see a little Jas/Chris play next update then the following will be almost a given... in my best guess at 4:30am (why do I wake up so damn early anyway?) :ROFLMAO:

TheMarquis

Jan 29, 2023
Hey guys, sorry if I ask but I'm not familiar with mods in general. I correctly installed the mod and it works but it seems I'm not able to use the cheats on the stats. I mean I change the stats but the choice is not selectable anyway. I'm probable missing something.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I mean I change the stats but the choice is not selectable anyway.
I don't understand what you mean here. Elaborate (and clarify) what you mean by "choice is not selectable".

Otherwise the SanchoCheats work just fine. You're looking at this screen, right?
1701358838241.png

TheMarquis

Jan 29, 2023
I don't understand what you mean here. Elaborate (and clarify) what you mean by "choice is not selectable".

Otherwise the SanchoCheats work just fine. You're looking at this screen, right?
View attachment 3130305
Yes, you can change the stats but this don't change anything in terms of choices (at least with how I use it).

Let's say I need 3 affection to have the possibility to make a specific choice and I don't have it, I can select that choice. So, I go into the cheats and change the affection stats to 5 but after this I still can't choose the action that requires 3 affection.

I hope it's clearer.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes, you can change the stats but this don't change anything in terms of choices (at least with how I use it).

Let's say I need 3 affection to have the possibility to make a specific choice and I don't have it, I can select that choice. So, I go into the cheats and change the affection stats to 5 but after this I still can't choose the action that requires 3 affection.

I hope it's clearer.
A bit clearer, yes. Due to how RenPy works, menu Choice screens are NOT updated dynamically while in view (while you can see them). So, rollback at least one screen prior to the choice, make the "cheat" setting you wish, THEN advance forward to view the Choice screen again. Now RenPy will update the choice code accordingly.

I know it's not intuitive but there's zero I can do about this... it's simply how RenPy works regarding Choice screens. I made all my screens (such as stat screens) change in real-time though, so those you never have to "rollback".

Make sense?

Reactions: TheMarquis

TheMarquis

Jan 29, 2023
A bit clearer, yes. Due to how RenPy works, menu Choice screens are NOT updated dynamically while in view (while you can see them). So, rollback at least one screen prior to the choice, make the "cheat" setting you wish, THEN advance forward to view the Choice screen again. Now RenPy will update the choice code accordingly.

I know it's not intuitive but there's zero I can do about this... it's simply how RenPy works regarding Choice screens. I made all my screens (such as stat screens) change in real-time though, so those you never have to "rollback".

Make sense?
Yes, I'm going to try, thanks!

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes