4.10 star(s) 54 Votes

Slayte

Jan 14, 2019
I'll admit my knowledge on renpy variables is a bit sketchy. If you do a "default varname = value", and this is set before the start label (or in the after_load label), it sets the value according to that, but if it exists in the save file, it does not overwrite it?

At the moment I have my defines and some defaults at the top, then label start, then add variables as I realise I need them. Probably not the worst sin in my code either. :)
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were using implicit statements to define variables directly in the executable code.
My English is not good enough to explain the advantages of "default" definition.
I found this link that explains what I mean with much better English than mine.

But don't worry: save problem or not if the game is good, players will be there !!

Reactions: Hammerhiem

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were using implicit statements to define variables directly in the executable code.
My English is not good enough to explain the advantages of "default" definition.
I found this link that explains what I mean with much better English than mine.
All good, mate.

Yes, I have some of this:

label day1time3:
$ day1_time3_borrowed_cash_from_beth = False
$ day1_time3_pranked_beth = False
$ day1_time3_did_not_tip = 0

I promise I won't do it anymore for variables I will use in other places ;)

This is what caused the save file error. I went back to old code and added a default variable inside a label. And if you have a save file after that point, next time I try to use that variable, it's not defined. Newbie mistake.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
The renders are good and I like the female models but I have no idea where the story is going, I mean the dad is not the dad, Beth is clearly a gold digger and probably after Hannah and the new maid but as long as the not dad is around the MC can't do anything about it.

The bad things,
- non-changeable MC name
- manlet render of the MC
- what is up with Mikos demonic smile at the pool
- a few typos

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: hentai charley

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
The renders are good and I like the female models but I have no idea where the story is going, I mean the dad is not the dad, Beth is clearly a gold digger and probably after Hannah and the new maid but as long as the not dad is around the MC can't do anything about it.

The bad things,
- non-changeable MC name
- what is up with Mikos demonic smile at the pool
- a few typos
Got to say, you're spot on about the grin. I tried for a sort of charming exaggerated grin but it turned out weird. It's one of the renders I re-did for 0.1.4 I'm uploading tomorrow. Level of success can be debated :)

Most old typos are hopefully fixed too. And new ones added, obviously. It's surprising how blind you can be to spelling errors in your own writing.

Blackeye.

Aug 15, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of:

Maid to Please [v0.2.5]

My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

if you like my ports, consider buying me a cofee or as to motivate me and get me going to do more ports, and help me pay for mega storage, thanks

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
No matter routes, all the "common" varieties of sex between male/female and female/female.

Depending on choices, male domination, spanking, lighter humiliation, blackmail.
Depending on choices, various group activities, voyeurism/exhibitionism.

Things like pregnancy/harem are so far down the line they'd feel pointless to bring up this early (and yet I did... ;) )

Oh, and not to forget; lesbian domination.
This should be under genre in the OP. If you're the dev you can ask mods to take control of the OP too, I think.

Reactions: I am Gone

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Just a brief conversation update to round out the day after 1.3, but clear and to the point.

Ominous foreshadowing ahoy:

In the one significant (sub/aff) choice in 1.4, one option offers a satisfying faceplant, the other a hint at Beth and Charles' backstory:

Last edited:

Gman4672

Aug 6, 2018
It's not a difficult thing to do but I have some story ideas down the road where the name will be important so I opted for a non-changeable name.
If it's not a difficult thing to do then why not do it? The story is still going to be the same and what ever name that is given to the character would still have the same meaning as Jack.

Dec 27, 2020
Just a brief conversation update to round out the day after 1.3, but clear and to the point.

Ominous foreshadowing ahoy:

In the one significant (sub/aff) choice in 1.4, one option offers a satisfying faceplant, the other a hint at Beth and Charles' backstory:

As for now, I like what I see. I hope the dev keep it light-hearted. And submission means submission in the end.

Dec 27, 2020
A lot of manlets lately, that's true. But as long as Ellie is the only one as big as the MC, it is okay for me.
There are tall women.
The other two LIs are much smaller, so it is not like in other games. Where all women are 5 cm taller than the MC. So I am fine with it.
Nicke do you plan a Patreon page? Or is it a work of leisure for you?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

As for now, I like what I see. I hope the dev keep it light-hearted. And submission means submission in the end.
As long as it doesn't turn into a stupid murder subplot. That would be completely incongruous with the tone of the game so far, but there are a few story elements that could be developed in that direction.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
First of all, thanks to those who offer feedback. Both positive and negative. It's all interesting reading to me :)

A lot of manlets lately, that's true. But as long as Ellie is the only one as big as the MC, it is okay for me.
There are tall women.
The other two LIs are much smaller, so it is not like in other games. Where all women are 5 cm taller than the MC. So I am fine with it.
Jack is slightly over 6 feet (184.5cm) and Beth is about 5'11 (179.5cm). While not a towering giant, I don't think Jack qualifies as short anywhere in the world.

However, it's my fault that he and Beth seem to be the same height. There's not many pictures (yet!) with them close together, and in at least a couple of them I've made newbie posing mistakes where Jack's feet are partly sunk into the floor out-of-camera.

There's also some dodgy images in the intro in the MC's bedroom. Don't even get me started on those.

Image from the gym:
How it should look with proper collision on the floor:
Quick render of Beth and Jack back to back:

Maybe I should re-render those gym images where they're close together, otherwise people will probably think I've shrunk Beth as the game goes on ;)

Nicke do you plan a Patreon page? Or is it a work of leisure for you?
At the moment, it's just a hobby. I have a full-time job and other things I want to do in my free time besides this. I devote what time I can to Maid to Please and we'll see what kind of update speed I can keep up. I might do a Patreon; even hobbies have expenses and who knows what lies in the future. Right now though I don't think there's enough content to ask for anything.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Shit I wanted it to show the image when you clicked on the spoiler. Not sure what I did wrong. I did insert image, not insert link.

th3_fr4gil3

Jan 24, 2022
ok pretty sure MC mentions there being 2 sisters when arriving at house just before maid storms out!? mandela effect? twilight zoned?
*facepalm*
that's what i get for playing when overtired, he said at least he DOESN'T have a couple of hot sisters waiting for him (poking fun at the genre huh DEV :p).

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Nicke

baklol

Aug 13, 2018
added hope does not get abandoned tag in midway nice work dev story is different too

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes