EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
I really wish this game was better than it was. It's not bad. Solid C, maybe C+ if you want to be charitable, but it could be so much better.

The writing is okay, generally readable. Grammar mistakes are infrequent, but also noticeable when they occur. For the record, it is 'take a seat' not 'take a sit'. Even if that is perhaps a weird regional thing that maybe some people might say somewhere, maybe. But when talking about a board of directors for a company, one has 'a seat on the board', not 'a sit on the board'. Again, infrequent, but noticeable.

I like the story well enough, and I'm interested in seeing where the mystery is going. I generally like the characters, even if some of them are flat and one-note. There are even nice touches in the narrative so that I know the writer is both creative and trying. I liked the scene where Carol is visiting her gynecologists and when instructed to thing of something 'good' she thinks of the MC instead of her husband. It was one of those nice side scene that helps build up character motivation, and demonstrates that (again) the writer is putting some forethought into the narrative.

But the animation? I kinda hate it, because it is used so poorly. All of the custom animations are bad. Kira walking to and then driving away in her SUV in the garage? The movement is about as awkward as if a giant toddler had grabbed the car and moved it around as if they were playing with it. The pan into the neighborhood while the MC walks down the sidewalk? The pacing is so off that the characters are sliding on ice, cause they're moving at sprinting speed but with a walking gait. Maria washing the MC's back in the shower? Her elbow breaks in an unnatural way (you would get that range of motion by rotating your upper arm, not snapping your elbow unnaturally sideways), and otherwise everything else is creepily frozen and unmoving (e.g. no idle animation). They're all bad, the keyframing is off by orders of magnitude. Also every animation ends at a frame different from the final still frame that follows it, so every bespoke animation ends with a jerky transition to a still. It would have saved time and effort, and not be as distractingly bad, if they had just stuck with well shot still frames.

This is compounded in the sex scenes, where the writing largely takes a back seat to poorly framed loops of stock Honey Select animations (and the ones that aren't stock, are again, bad). For starters, it ruins the pace of the game, as the sex scenes are the most decision intensive parts of the game. Not only that, but it's a whole lot of pointless decision making. If you want to show off the same animation from 4 different angles, why do you need to stop and make the player choose every few frames? Why not just present all of them in a row in a way that makes sense, and spend that time actually writing something interesting? Instead of presenting it in a way that defeats any attempt to auto-play, cause the game constantly needs you to click on menu options to advance the scene? Also, why are some of the 'alternate views' just the exact same shot only zoomed in just a tiny bit or at a slightly more tilted camera angle? Like, why even bother to put that in? Every time I see the 'change angle' option, it just comes off as an obtrusive road-block that disrupts the flow of the experience (assuming it doesn't break and get stuck after changing, like the Ally scene in her room).

Which is the other big letdown, in that it seems like the animation is there for filler, cause the writing during the sex scenes is about as erotic as assembly instructions for IKEA furniture. It rarely rises above describing how the pieces fit together, and often in the most bland way possible. There is no spark, no eroticism. Often little more than 'I put my penis in her vagina, she enjoyed it'. Great. So, how does it actually feel? Is it tight, wet, hot, slippery, and how does that effect their enjoyment? How does the sex make either character feel, physically or emotionally? Are they even having a good time? Is this some culmination for the character's arc? Nothing. We get nothing. No view into their inner thoughts or feelings. Sometimes there isn't even any writing, but when there is, it amounts to little more than describing what the characters are doing, with no thought for how they are feeling. So again, like assembly instruction for flat-packed IKEA furniture; you get told where all the pieces are going, but not how anyone feels about it.

So yeah, the sex scenes are incredibly underwhelming. For example, making love to Maria for the first time, something the game takes along time to build up to. What lines are used to describe fucking her for the first time?

"You get completely undressed. And tell Maria to get on all four.
As she does so you position yourself behind her...
And push your cock into her pussy. She cries in pleasure as you enter her warm, wet vagina."

Sorry, but that's the best the writer could do given the situation? The culmination of their growing sexual tension finally being released? There's no two ways about it, but that's disappointing. Again, not bad. But It's C grade work at best. Everything described almost clinically from the third person, again describing what is happening but not how anyone is feeling. There is no look into the inner thoughts of either character. No 'Oh god, he's finally taking me!' thoughts from Maria. No 'I can't stop myself anymore!' thoughts from the MC. The narrative has gone into POV for both characters previously, and narrated their inner thoughts before (e.g. Maria masturbating to the MC's morning wood), but when it comes to the sex scenes? Nothing but silence.

Probably the best scene is the one with Sharon, because the dirty talk between the characters actually breathes some genuine life into the scene. It's a peek at how much better all of the other scenes could be with a little (or a lot) more effort. Compare that to the date night scene with Debbie? Where it is just a series of 'You did X to Y' descriptors, and lots of un-narrated animations? Yeah, the scene with Debbie is comparatively awful, and is little more than watching a boring lets-play of Honey Select (e.g. watching someone else direct two dolls to fuck with little setup and even less commentary). If all the scenes were up to the standard of the Sharon one, it would be a marked improvement; but even then I still think there is plenty of room for improvement. Again, I do like the game, but it's hardly the most competently written thing around here. C grade work, it would pass the class, but it's not making Honor Roll.

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
the game was kinda ok till the plot steered right into cancel culture and rape allegations

now is just a twitter story

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
question for people that played the game a couple of years ago, was this a sandbox game before being a vn? because is has so many bizarre choices at the beginning

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Loved the game, and the harem is a big plus! I am a little confused about all the girls in the Relations menu, are they all really potential LIs or are they just the women we interact with and we can see how much they like the MC? Some girls obviously seem more like LIs while others are either just side girls or even just friends, like Sam and Olivia?

Speaking of Sam and Olivia, is there going to be a potential plotline where Sam in desperation to save her relationship with Olivia turns to the MC to spice up their sex life and satisfy Olivia? I like the genuine friendship Sam has with the MC, and while I respect her being a lesbian, I wasn't sure if the plan was for her to have her first experience with a man at some point with the MC. I would rather have her being bisexual in that case instead of discovering how much she loves the MC's magic D and question her orientation.

Lastly, I really felt bad for so many of the girls, but despite the potential slow burn romance with Carol, I was really hoping we will get an opportunity to romance Paige. Despite the mistakes she made in the past, they were made by an insecure, teenage girl in love with her best friend/brother, but was afraid to act on it directly. I really hope we get an opportunity for a second chance with her.

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
I really enjoyed the game, definitely adding this to my list of watched games. character motivations make sense for the most part and I like the models, carol is my favorite. story is also pretty good so far I feel invested in where this is going.

Only thing I don't like is that my character is now a sex criminal and attempted rapist. it doesn't matter what choices you make its forced on you which just feels icky. Like if you wanted to make MC's past somewhat controversial couldn't you have said he lost control and hit Paige when he was caught up in his emotions at being manipulated that would be easier to stomach than being forced to play a sex criminal when all the choices I have made so far have been the vanilla route it goes against all the choices I made to this point. Like that past would make more sense if I played the corruption route but it's kinda disappointing to be given the choice of what kind of person MC is then suddenly have a backstory forced on me that completely contradicts those choices

Last edited:
Reactions: Kakashihatake

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
any news about update? 3months with no up
Raybae post updates at the end on April and May on his Patreon, so there should be one next week hopefully. Looks like there will be no release this month, because normally we would have been informed the good news already.

Whenever he can't make a release in 3 months, he will pause billing until the release is ready ( usually within 1 month, less than 2 ). Anyway, what I shared are just based off past releases. Unless any members who are an actual patron can shed some light, that is my best guess.

TLDR; I don't know:p.

-=CvokY=-

Samurai in retirement
Donor
Mar 20, 2021

No update coming this month. This month has been terrible in terms of working on the game, barely any progress made. I am not going to make excuses, the blame is completely on me.

Payments will be paused until further notice.

Luizodia

Dec 2, 2018
This game is actually pretty nice, the problem is it has to little content for 3 years of development :confused:

Blubberino

Mar 25, 2017
Not really surprised about the author having problems writing more. The whole game from start to the current state is basically just adding plotline after plotline after plotline, without resolving any of them. It has become so convoluted it is exhausting to read, so I can imagine how it is to write. One of the more basic creative writing rules is to not overdo it with the introduction of conflict and provide "downtime" in between, something that is completely missing here.

Last edited:

selestiel

Oct 17, 2021
Nice game nice graphics.
...And Ilove games based at Ren'Py engine bcz they are lite on machine, as UE3/4/5 and Unity are very heavy on reasources...
Very good game plot with every girl, there few improvements needed, but as this one first and not 10th, mistakes can be forgiven...
I would love to see for mc to get his daughter and her mom back in circle with others... Enabling future relations btw them... And for all the girls in the relationship menu to be together with mc.. including Laura daughters... And here we can stop adding new characters and focus on all the girls and harem, wonderful,
Pregnant to the brim, ending and closing any storyline with cult and dropping this shit to trashbin with a cover made by FIA or any other justice organisation....
Light and joyous working time for author, and please dont add few lines of content in constant updates like 0.1, 0.2a, 0.6, but make some huge update, and only then realese it, even if we have to wait even a year for it, just dont forget to let us know that You are alive and working on...

Jan 31, 2020
I think you misunderstood. My game will have NO sharing and NO NTR.

I'm not totally against incest. But I feel incest has been overdone in AVN's to the point of being cliche. If I can bring incest to my story in a unique and logical way, then I will. Otherwise NO.
Such a great game! May i inquire about the release date of the next update? The last update seems to be march 13.

• Angry
Reactions: EvolutionKills

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Just played and finished the latest version of this game. Based on the version number, are we going to get 1 more release then go onto Maids and Maidens II? There is far too many storylines left to be able to wrap it all up in one more release.

Overall, decent game, better than 90% of the games on here but not going in my favorites. Still, looking forward to new release(s).

ProfDoc

Sep 16, 2022
Just played and finished the latest version of this game. Based on the version number, are we going to get 1 more release then go onto Maids and Maidens II? There is far too many storylines left to be able to wrap it all up in one more release.
Remember that version numbers can verry well go into decimals. So next version will be 0.10.0 , and the one after 0.11.0 , etc until the game is done and we reach the 1.0.0 .
So don't worry, we still have time to complete the story.

selestiel

Oct 17, 2021
Just gone through this game again, used mod for relationships, there is additional feature in-game, if npc love high, their face expression becomes slutty, very nice feature, as I may add... This game in my list on par with others(no top 1 all of them are at top) :

HS1,2 based:

Now ad then,
This is not heaven,
Timeless Island,
Lonely housewife,
A house in the rift,
Dark magic,
Depths revival,
Harem hotel,
Hot springs academy,
Hypnosis,
My real desire,
My new family,
Mythic manor,
Ripples,
Public sex lifeH,
School of harem,
Serenity,
The Inn,
Virtues,
Waifu academy,
My bully is my lover(but if the game'll go the same scenario as Sicae I'll bury it and never come back to it) author really disappointed with his last updates, remakes....

3dcg based:

Ataegina,
Love of magic book,
Buried desires,
Away from home,
Radiant,
Nudist school,
Single again,
Sixteen years later,
My best deal,
Heart problems.

Last edited: