RPGM Completed Married Knight Shitori ~The Secret Adventure of a Wife and Her Party~ [v15-04-2022 Mod 1] [S2]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
I know the pain, I have my own translation projects on the go.

Keep up the good work!

Side note, any tentacle pregnancy in this one?
It's not a pain actually since I use tricks to speed up the translation process.
But thanks for your kindness. And god speed to you.

And no, no pregnancy from tentacles and no pregnancy at all. At least we don't see that part, it's in the after game. :)

Reactions: f9account

badonka123

Jan 19, 2021
No, it's basically me sitting and feeding DeepL and Sugoi MTLs, one dialogue at a time, then checking if the translation is right (because I know basic Japanese and still learning). And if both of them suck I edit the whole dialogue.
If some parts need edit I edit them to shorten the dialogue, whenever it's possible.
Translating as good as I can core dialogues by following the context and story.
Sometimes making it sound more like native English.
You see, even feeding MTLs the right way can improve their output translation. From experience, I already know how and what to feed to MTLs. Japanese differs a lot from English, sometimes the writer can use punctuations, sometimes not. Because it's optional in Japanese, although welcomed. So I know when the next line is a continuation of the previous sentence or just another sentence. If the *heart symbol* is used to end the sentence or just to emphasize a part of text.

I may mistranslate some stuff, but for important dialogues I go extra mile to ensure they are max accurate.
There could be grammatical errors, because I still manually edit text.
I have many little tricks and hints that I use while translating, that I didn't mention in the Translation Types Google Doc.
Most of those tricks I use automatically, without thinking. Anyway...

My goal is to translate as fast as possible while retaining the game's playability. It's a compromise translation.
More games available and decent enough translation to play and enjoy them. Plus I fix bugs too, if I or someone encounters them.

Also, this game is my last LQMAT project, because I found a way to translate to MQMAT standard with minimal time penalty, when compared to LQMAT. But it's worth it.
I appreciate the effort you put into your translations and replies, but my point is that there is a comparable difference between readability and accuracy. I also feed DeepL one lines at a time, but that does not guarantee accuracy, mainly only readability. Unfortunately knowing basic Japanese is not enough to convey nuances beyond the, well, basics. Sorry if I sound anal, I just get a little disappointed when I know part of the writing (sometimes a large amount) is being lost in the translation. Especially when it comes to Japanese, their ways of story telling has many levels to it, that you just cannot capture by being a beginner at the language. Case in point: Subahibi, a philosophical masterpiece, but I understand that is vastly different than a simple NTRPG. My bad for ranting, it's more or less a projection of my own frustration at not being fluent in Japanese (I'm intermediate with 4 years of studying).

Edit: To be more specific, if you're working mainly off DeepL, it's more akin to translating a translation by DeepL, which means you work with something that is fundamentally inaccurate for things beyond basics. Unfortunately Japanese has a myriad of figure of speech, literary devices that certainly messes with machine translations. What you get often will be a direct voiceless translation, that leaves me scratching my head figuring out wtf it even means (When I'm translating). And then there's character voices, which is part of the nuances I mean, you'd need some good knowledge on the language that isn't taught by textbooks, to translate between teineigo/keigo and colloquialism (each having layers within them that can't be captured by machines). On top of that, games generally have references to the culture and a good amount of slang, that just cannot be translated directly by machines.

An example I remember is something like 「 空からお世辞に聞えないくらいの 」, which is terribly translated to "It's so flattering you can't hear it from the sky." It does the literal translation well, but it is very inaccurate. The "空" = sky here is a metaphor for being empty, so "空からお世辞"literally means compliment from the sky, but it actually means an empty compliment. The accurate translation here is "you do not hear an empty compliment". But this sentence is quite devoid of any voice, and sounds mechanical. Something like "The compliment rings somewhat true to you", because an empty compliment implies it to be untrue/useless, etc.., and if you don't "hear" an "empty" one, then it resonates with you somewhat. I apologize if this was too confusing, as even this one sentence took me a while to try to translate.

Last edited:

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
I appreciate the effort you put into your translations and replies, but my point is that there is a comparable difference between readability and accuracy. I also feed DeepL one lines at a time, but that does not guarantee accuracy, mainly only readability. Unfortunately knowing basic Japanese is not enough to convey nuances beyond the, well, basics. Sorry if I sound anal, I just get a little disappointed when I know part of the writing (sometimes a large amount) is being lost in the translation. Especially when it comes to Japanese, their ways of story telling has many levels to it, that you just cannot capture by being a beginner at the language. Case in point: Subahibi, a philosophical masterpiece, but I understand that is vastly different than a simple NTRPG. My bad for ranting, it's more or less a projection of my own frustration at not being fluent in Japanese (I'm intermediate with 4 years of studying).

Edit: To be more specific, if you're working mainly off DeepL, it's more akin to translating a translation by DeepL, which means you work with something that is fundamentally inaccurate for things beyond basics. Unfortunately Japanese has a myriad of figure of speech, literary devices that certainly messes with machine translations. What you get often will be a direct voiceless translation, that leaves me scratching my head figuring out wtf it even means (When I'm translating). And then there's character voices, which is part of the nuances I mean, you'd need some good knowledge on the language that isn't taught by textbooks, to translate between teineigo/keigo and colloquialism (each having layers within them that can't be captured by machines). On top of that, games generally have references to the culture and a good amount of slang, that just cannot be translated directly by machines.

An example I remember is something like 「 空からお世辞に聞えないくらいの 」, which is terribly translated to "It's so flattering you can't hear it from the sky." It does the literal translation well, but it is very inaccurate. The "空" = sky here is a metaphor for being empty, so "空からお世辞"literally means compliment from the sky, but it actually means an empty compliment. The accurate translation here is "you do not hear an empty compliment". But this sentence is quite devoid of any voice, and sounds mechanical. Something like "The compliment rings somewhat true to you", because an empty compliment implies it to be untrue/useless, etc.., and if you don't "hear" an "empty" one, then it resonates with you somewhat. I apologize if this was too confusing, as even this one sentence took me a while to try to translate.
You're not too anal, you're a perfectionist from what I read. And it's okay.
Like I said, I don't make pro-translations. Which what you and everyone on the planet (including me) would like.
I could do pro-grade translations, but it will take so much time compared to a readable/playable translation.
Yes, Japanese has many nuances and slangs, etc. if I encounter them, I research until I find the meaning that fits the context and story, but if I find out later that mistranslated it, I go back and edit it.
Also, most of these indie, lazy-ass, Ero-games have horrible storytelling. Self-descriptive text when audio and images can convey it well enough. Or excessive use of the same words.
I was fed up, rewriting and adding text myself to complement it better. Fortunately, I don't do it anymore and it's for the best, because I'd rather create my own game then.
Any media has reference to culture they were created in.
Also, translation process means that the media lose some of the original's meaning, because there are things that you can't translate without long-ass explanations on specific culture or subjective ideas. That's why the media target specific audiences.
No serious translation studio will translate these types of games, so they are lost in the limb, behind a language barrier.
When people consume the media I translate, they experience it through my mind, how I understood it.

We could talk for hours, but to get my point across. I'd rather have people enjoy a lot more content with decent enough translation than much less with good translation. And the fact that very few appreciate a better translation just adds to this. Let the pro-studios handle the more decent/superior media.

bitchass92

Dec 11, 2020
Don't downlod this. Combat is a slog, the gallery is all unlockable. Some fights are actual game overs with no real warning. Your skills never really work or mean anything and the cgs are meh. Fucking waste of time.

JustXuX

Modder
Jr. Uploader
Jan 13, 2020
Wait this translation is considered Low Quality MTL? Seems pretty high IMO tho?
Yes, this translation contains least amount of edits.
While translating Japanese using MTL I discovered some tricks and I give to MTLs, like DeepL and Sugoi, the best input. In return, they give me the best output. After that I pick the best translation from both, sometimes mixing from both.

LeVocaloid

May 28, 2018
Yes, this translation contains least amount of edits.
While translating Japanese using MTL I discovered some tricks and I give to MTLs, like DeepL and Sugoi, the best input. In return, they give me the best output. After that I pick the best translation from both, sometimes mixing from both.
Wow, this is actually amazing! Props to you for finding the trick!

Jan 16, 2021
View attachment 1900585

Overview:
Once a famous knight, Shitori left behind her shining armor for a wedding dress, and settled down to a life of peace.
She and Allocer were trying to conceive a child. While she feels her husband's love, she doesn't feel much in bed with him...
But a sudden visit from a former superior of Shitori disrupts their peaceful life.
Accompanied by 2 greedy men... how her adventure will end? Will she stay faithful to Allocer?

Allocer
Shitori's husband. An average guy without many standout features.
He is broken up by his wife having to take up the sword again.

Zagams
A man Shitori ends up pairing with during her fight.
His skill is undeniable, but his brash and lustful personality is problematic for Shitori.

Solace
Another man fighting with Shitori.
He seems like the calm, polite type, but like Zagams, isn't exactly a hit with the women.
He loves making suspicious drugs...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2022-07-01
Release Date: 2022-06-01
Original Title: 人妻騎士シトリ~妻と従者の秘密の冒険~
Developer: S2 -
Censored: Yes
Version: 15-04-2022_MOD1
Language: English
Length: ~1-3 hours
Translator: JustXuX - -
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Translator Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - - - WORKUPLOAD -
EXTRAS: SAVE

View attachment 1900432 View attachment 1900433 View attachment 1900581 View attachment 1900582 View attachment 1900584
Hm, I finished all the quests, does the game end after the battle with the dragon?

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes