nononomaybe

Jun 6, 2018
"Science" route (actually puts best stats in academics)

Has anyone else tried this? (to the point of TEACHING @ Academy)

My main complaint is, doesn't allow you you enough time off. (Penalty if you don't teach enough)
1 of best ways to make $, but if you want to train slaves, books/craft/hunt/fight/etc good luck! [most things can't be done after dark or take large time blocks]
I did an Academic focused run.
It worked just fine if you treat it like your MC is a nerdy teacher who'd get his ass whooped in a fight. Don't fight/hunt/etc, because you'll suck at it. Teach classes until you have enough money to buy & fuck whichever girl(s) you want. If you really feel like it you can earn enough money and spend the time to train up fighting skills, but if you want to do that why not just start as a fighter.
I liked the academic earning route as a sort of safe and steady path through the world.
As in real life, it's extremely difficult to be Awesome at Everything.

Reactions: GD-studios

Donovas66

Jan 21, 2022
nothing avail in warrior hall;

BTW: Planning to do separate post, but quick QN, current avail Mercs (811, New game) Suck!
Anyone else (NOT "Soldier" route, anything else, 811 NEW GAME) keep getting their butt kicked in combat?

1) HEALTH isn't listed anymore for Mercs
2) Mercs no longer have weapons (large added expense for early game!) [Loren does, but Ansel no longer does, inconsistency]
3) Keep in mind, pretty much *EVERY* quest involves some degree of combat
4) ANsel (for example,) MORE $, LESS R (range skills) compared to last version!
5) If mercs are (current in 811) going to be household "followers" need to know their other skills (current hidden) Scavenge, Guard, Janitor, etc
6) formatting (info panel) WORSE, & more confusing.
Only mercs found so far (all other places empty!) Ansel, & Peasant. (BTw, new pics suck, old were better, please bring back)

Most of the changes of this update are *GOOD*, but 99% of the Merc changes are *BAD*.
[1 new game, w 811, ready to give up, going back to those started in earlier versions!

Some used to advise lots of early combat---get *RESPECT* for girls, but now is disaster; (loosing = loose stats, hard to get anyway)

811 is fine for *RICH* & hi XP chars, but really sucks for newbies
Lol! I think you need to slow down man. And read the release notes. Old mercs have been removed and the dev is currently working his ass of adding an upgraded version. They were better than before? How can a mindless meat wall be better than mercenaries you can now spend countless hours doing scavenger missions, bar tours? And the fact that you can change their weapons and train their skills is a major upgrade.

Ansils lack of weapon is part of his tutorial quest. Again, read the texts and everything will be more clear for you.

And the 2400% steel increase? You're talking about a batch of steel as a single unit. Again, read the in-game texts.

I know he did some changes to material costs for next ver. though so that might balance i better. I agree crafting doesn't make you rich but it's still too early to bash and cry about it.

Tanev3

Dec 1, 2022
When money is tight, crafting is even more unacceptable. As I said before, the items that can be made in the early stages when the crafting skill is not yet high are combat knives, crossbows, and long swords. Even if you make and sell these, the material price does not come out. It is much easier and simpler for the player to buy a rifle with the money obtained from completing the initial quests, and obtain loot by clearing weak enemies around. Raising crafting skills after a player grows up is tedious and painful. Compared to other stats that can be easily raised using academies, skill books, or $80 trainers, the rate of growth in crafting skills takes too long.
I just disassemble "merchendise", that game throws your way all the time. That gives all the basic materials of the game that you can then craft from. Only limit is usually stamina. So can train stamina with early slave when time to spare and increase her training potential and increase your own game play broad spectrum. This game is smock full of synergies. It is brilliant.

Last edited:

CRABB

Jun 3, 2017
I just disassemble "merchendise", that game throws your way all the time. That gives all the basic materials of the game that you can then craft from. Only limit is usually stamina. So can train stamina with early slave when time to spare and increase her training potential and increase your own game play broad spectrum. This game is smock full of synergies. It is brilliant.
Disassembling merchendise does not yield steel. When the crafting skill is low, the items that can be crafted are eventually combat knives, long swords, and crossbows, but most of their manufacturing costs are steel costs. If you can procure production items by disassembling products in the first place, it is a much more convenient and easier way to grow into more battles without spending time on crafting. Making 3 combat knives, going to sleep, waking up, making 3 combat knives, and going to sleep is boring and not fun at all.

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
I'm getting close to the point where I'll review this game but there some major frustrations that really need to be addressed.

#1 - Main Slaves and Secondary Slaves

Why? It is a major frustration to only be able to interact with two slaves at a time. I end up playing musical chairs with my slaves in order to interact with all of them. Slaves are slaves. If they are in the same household, I should be able to freely interact with all of them equally!

My recommendation is to put a right and left button on the slave window (main screen) and allow the player to scroll through all slaves for easier access.

#2 - Bondage sex (and other sex) ends after the player has one orgasm (Sexually depleted)

Why? Males can only cum once and then they are done? It seems to be a common theme with games on this site. Most males in their 20s and 30s can cum three times in a row pretty easily.

#3 - Bondage sex being blocked with some females for no apparent reason

I looked at the code and had to change it to the following: $dayblock isnot 9999 (was 999). This fixed the issue for me.

#4 - Sexually depleted

I would move to a cum total system. Say the player has 7 cum per day and uses 1 cum per orgasm. Once the player reaches zero, then he is done. I strongly dislike the current system. These sex systems (which are common) seem to be designed by people who have never had sex in their life.

Ghorloz

Dec 1, 2022
When I try to run an event, it tells me that Ansel is deceased, also I cant add my other Mercs (Loren and Enya).

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I'm getting close to the point where I'll review this game but there some major frustrations that really need to be addressed.

Why? It is a major frustration to only be able to interact with two slaves at a time. I end up playing musical chairs with my slaves in order to interact with all of them. Slaves are slaves. If they are in the same household, I should be able to freely interact with all of them equally!

My recommendation is to put a right and left button on the slave window (main screen) and allow the player to scroll through all slaves for easier access.

#2 - Bondage sex (and other sex) ends after the player has one orgasm (Sexually depleted)

Why? Males can only cum once and then they are done? It seems to be a common theme with games on this site. Most males in their 20s and 30s can cum three times in a row pretty easily.

I looked at the code and had to change it to the following: $dayblock isnot 9999 (was 999). This fixed the issue for me.

#4 - Sexually depleted

I would move to a cum total system. Say the player has 7 cum per day and uses 1 cum per orgasm. Once the player reaches zero, then he is done. I strongly dislike the current system. These sex systems (which are common) seem to be designed by people who have never had sex in their life.
1: a legacy from when the slave cap was just 2. Will add shortcuts to interact with other slaves in a not too distant future.

2: primarily an engine issue to keep the player from spamming actions too rapidly. Can be overcome with the help of implants but also something that'll be looked into.

3: bondage is currently blocked when a slave has been assigned as a follower. She's "ready-to-go" and cannot be tied up in your dungeon as she's already injected in the adventure/combat engine.

4: see number 2.

Great suggestions. Please keep in mind that this game is still in early alpha development and that several systems are either incomplete or missing.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Disassembling merchendise does not yield steel. When the crafting skill is low, the items that can be crafted are eventually combat knives, long swords, and crossbows, but most of their manufacturing costs are steel costs. If you can procure production items by disassembling products in the first place, it is a much more convenient and easier way to grow into more battles without spending time on crafting. Making 3 combat knives, going to sleep, waking up, making 3 combat knives, and going to sleep is boring and not fun at all.
Merchandise yields scrap metal which you can then smelt into steel.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

#4 - Sexually depleted

1. Yeah, but you get used to it.

2. Get your stamina up, then even without an implant you'll recover pretty quickly. Note that bondage sex doesn't actually end now does it, she's still hanging there all naked and helpless. You can go out and hit the baths, maybe get a massage and come back and she's still there, isn't she?

3. Currently you need to deselect them from following you to see them naked or initiate bondage.

4 Get your stamina up, you can pretty much run your own train once you do.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
"Science" route (actually puts best stats in academics)

Has anyone else tried this? (to the point of TEACHING @ Academy)

My main complaint is, doesn't allow you you enough time off. (Penalty if you don't teach enough)
1 of best ways to make $, but if you want to train slaves, books/craft/hunt/fight/etc good luck! [most things can't be done after dark or take large time blocks]

Similar: Would also be interested to hear if anyone's had good luck w "Doctor"/medic route. (200+ days, )
which choices? did you teach? how make $, etc. [possible to improve & teach Sci, but as of 811, can't do any work as medic/doctor. (DEV: should be a well paying job somewhere!)]

Feedback please anyone starting @ "Scientist" or "Doctor" (earlier or current 811 ver)

Thanks
From what I've read, teaching at the Academy is one of the more popular professions. I've done it a little, but not enough to get much extra content or INT boosts I've read about others getting. I gather when you're teaching you have all your girls working day jobs too so you're all unavailable at the same time which works fine.

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
1. Yeah, but you get used to it.

2. Get your stamina up, then even without an implant you'll recover pretty quickly. Note that bondage sex doesn't actually end now does it, she's still hanging there all naked and helpless. You can go out and hit the baths, maybe get a massage and come back and she's still there, isn't she?

3. Currently you need to deselect them from following you to see them naked or initiate bondage.

4 Get your stamina up, you can pretty much run your own train once you do.
1. No I won't and never will.

3. There is no need to restrict this. The follower can be auto pulled from the dungeon/bonds when leaving your home if you leave them there. Or a message could be shown that gives you the option of leaving without the follower (which unflags them as a follower). I'm not a fan of unnecessary mouse clicks. I already fixed this for myself and have seen no bugs from doing so.

I wasn't looking for assistance (I thought that was pretty clear). All of the things I mentioned are huge frustrations. I've been editing the html file and fixing a lot of these things for myself but I may share it, who knows...

Thank you for trying to help though. :D

Reactions: Ceesko

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
From what I've read, teaching at the Academy is one of the more popular professions. I've done it a little, but not enough to get much extra content or INT boosts I've read about others getting. I gather when you're teaching you have all your girls working day jobs too so you're all unavailable at the same time which works fine.
as mentioned, 2 main problems w teaching: (this assumes a long term game, not the "play to a point & restart" that some play)
1) Must teach (nearly) everyday, or loose influence
2) Uses up ~9h (by the time you get home) so really can't do much else.

If if compare to IRL, should get 2/7 days off; summers/vacation time; sick time, etc.
Maybe only Req teach 4/7 days?

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Update Bal & Less Grind mod to 811 (WIP)

Current:
Bal_&_LESS_GRIND_Mod info (public notes)
=========================
-Inc stamina gains mult places (get MAX upgrades Bedroom & bath!)
-inc Training odds (PUSH IT)
-slight inc Charm purchase & max purchase limit
-no more "unwanted decadence" (OMG game's grindy enough!) [IRL everybody could each train some everyday,instead of MAX 2x per HOUSE]
-easier to corrupt during BDSM
-Decreased TIME for many events (hint hint dev! Clicking "back" button shouldn't take 6 min!) If text says "less than 3 min" (etc) TIME SHOULD MATCH TEXT!
-inc Bloodthirsty (happy) Trait limit (no limit is mentioned in Wiki, nor does one make sense; Either it does or it doesn't. )
-dec kids to no pay (they're already getting FREE room & board!) many relatives don't even get an allowance; [should be able to set to 0, inc later, just like for slaves]
-fixed steel sell $
-inc failure boost (there R MANY strict teachers out there, Reality is, students must pass the class whether the love the teacher, or hate them. )
-updated Knife, crossbow, & sword & materials: wood & steel prices improve to crafting economy. [previously *NOT* profitable DEV!]

Mercs: (WIP)
-reset to previous 810 stats
-include previous weapon

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
Trouble: missing buttons
Version: 0.8.1.1 (public)
Circumstances: Scavenging, after second ambush (in same area.)
Screenshot_2022-12-28_13-24-31.jpg

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
I've almost tracked this one down. Seems to happen only when comforting soldiers. I did some changes (= simplifications) to that script in 0.8.1.1b. Let's see if it helps.
thanks!

can only save @ certain times (& less in HARD mode) so bugs like that R important.

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for 0.8.1.1b. (Even TV-nights are regaining their appeal, methinks. They mean a surprisingly lot to my MC's and his 2 slave-girls' happiness.)

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes