Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Re: the move character actions

Fun fact, you can use it to jump between pages by clicking on the specific slot's page name displayed on the move menu on the right. Clicking Page VIII takes you immediately to the 8th page of the NPC menu.

---

Also, Mai Lynn greentext

> acquire Mai Lynn
> sees new never before seen trait: Depressed
> "I'll fix your depression babe"
> damn Mai Lynn's depression got hands claws
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phyltre

Nov 24, 2018
Choose NPC -> Talk -> Affect -> Convert!
This option is available only if your devotion is high enough and cost 10 devotion per attempt.
To be precise, U need to be level 4 of what ever religionthats relevant and have at least 100 of 130 possible points (wich isnt really that hard to get)

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
The subject of what do you do with your 5 yard slots it´s something that deserves some thoughts.

My current approach have been two workshops, temple, gazebo and a garden. The gazebo and the temple are obvious choices, the mass actions are something too good to live without them, and the two workshops gives you a workplace for your slaves. Without them they will be idle hands.

The last spot it´s the one that it´s tough to decide. A 3rd workshop would be nice, they give you a lot of money and possibly in a cost-effect analysis possibly would be the best option. I have not a clue what are the effects of a dojo or the stables, but I decide for the gardens simply from a role playing point of view, because I´m almost sure that are the worst investment effective-wise. They are maxed, and I have May Lin as a gardener and I get 38 foot rations per day. Even at 20$ per ration (in my game the food it´s just at 4$), that´s just 760$ per day, and that´s peanuts compared with the net profit that a mid of the road workshop can bring to your house.

But we are in a post apocalyptic world, after all. Things that we give for granted (as going to the market and buy food) are not a sure thing in Raana. And I though that the House of a Proper Gentlemen (capitals intended) must have some degree of self sufficiency, just in case. And also I´m quite sure that the tomatoes the peppers and the eggplants of my garden, cared by the loving hands of May Lin, and harvested just when they are perfectly ripe will taste a lot better that the crap you can buy in the market
I am curious.
Why do you need more than one workshop?
Right now I have one workshop and I seem to be able to assign all my slaves there.
Is there a limit? I did upgrade my workshop.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: bolondro2

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I personally think that the business expert is the best start in the long run. The % bonus to income snowballs later in the game.

I also think that the stables are too expensive for what you get. I think it needs balancing. The building slot is way too valuable.
Also it is unclear how much faster you actually move after fully upgrading.
I think what the Stables (with horses) unlock is Fast Travel using this:

Click on the globe icon lower left, click a place name, and you teleport to that place. Not sure if this has always been here but this was fast. I am at Crystal Heights, 12:30pm on the clock, and when I click Imogen's Barrow, I get there and the clock reads 12:48pm.

masters of raana stables fast travel.png

Reactions: EroKala

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
I think what the Stables (with horses) unlock is Fast Travel using this:

Click on the globe icon lower left, click a place name, and you teleport to that place. Not sure if this has always been here but this was fast. I am at Crystal Heights, 12:30pm on the clock, and when I click Imogen's Barrow, I get there and the clock reads 12:48pm.

View attachment 3392961
The map has been there already in 8.2 (earliest I played)
But I do not think you could travel using it I think that is new.

PS. I hate that view I can never remember the district names and keep getting lost on that view.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
OK, on the "In the name of God" quest, I chose to kill Amir. It says to go to the SGPD in Hamilton Square. There is no SGPD there or anywhere else that I can find. Also, if I killed him, do I not get to claim his daughter as my slave?
Opera Snapshot_2024-02-28_021051_start_game.html.png

Last edited:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
OK, on the "In the name of God" quest, I chose to kill Amir. It says to go to the SGPD in Hamilton Square. There is no SGPD there or anywhere else that I can find. Also, if I killed him, do I not get to claim his daughter as my slave?
View attachment 3393059
1.) There is a point of interest (upside down teardrop) between the boxes labeled town hall and whitehaven. Is that the SGPD?

2.) Yes, you get both girls.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
There is still nothing to do with male slaves right? just sell them? Releasing does not give you like a "niceness" bar or anything afiak.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
'Limp' caused me to miss a number of bounties because I couldn't get back to Hamilton Square in time as I'd planned so much beforehand. It irritated the hell out of me after a while, it noticeably cut down on the actions I could do each day if I was traveling anywhere. It might not matter as much as a University professor though, I'm glad you made it work so well.

I haven't built a garden as it uses up a slot and eventually I'll do Mai-Lynn's quest and feed my burgeoning household that way. Hunting is mainly for money, as my household uses more than 100 food a day now, and to buy food it's 17 right now.
I only did a small concept test for a couple of weeks, so I haven't really tried it out yet. But from the small test that I did, it does seem very feasable.

The idea is not to play as a professor forever. It is basically just a means to get a really good start.

One of the main concerns, before I start over and do the full run, was if unlucky trait is worth 25 creation points.

Turns out that it is 1.5% chance (0.02 x 0.75) for one of the following things to happen when you go to bed:
health - 10
cash - 25
health - 3
cash - 10
cash - 30
cash - 50 and health - 3
Influence - 40
health - 15
cash - 70
cash - 40
And a matching text about how you did a face plant or pinched your finger earlier in the day.

If not bothered by the occasianal message telling you that you are a clutz, it is by far the best negative trait of them all, with an average daily loss of $0.34, 0.05 hp and 0.06 influence.

I'm still not convinced about the limp, so I guess I will have to experiment a little on that topic.

Last edited:

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
There is still nothing to do with male slaves right? just sell them? Releasing does not give you like a "niceness" bar or anything afiak.
Later you will get a fort.
You will be able to convert male slaves into soldiers and use them to guard stuff.
??Later possibly to attack and take over stuff??

Last edited:

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
1.) There is a point of interest (upside down teardrop) between the boxes labeled town hall and whitehaven. Is that the SGPD?

2.) Yes, you get both girls.
Thanks, I guess the screen is too zoomed in to show that clearly, I completely missed it.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Wait where is this The Palace?
There is a place called "Old Palace" further inside Crystal Heights; it is the place where the Amir Hassan quest started. I am not sure though if this is the palace the wiki is referring to and whether you have to enter any of the buildings there to see her.

Zibodar

Dec 21, 2017
There is a place called "Old Palace" further inside Crystal Heights; it is the place where the Amir Hassan quest started. I am not sure though if this is the palace the wiki is referring to and whether you have to enter any of the buildings there to see her.
Yea shes not there at all i went to the palace and all the shops and shes not there

Phyltre

Nov 24, 2018
i have a problem. I usually play this game with cheats to avoid the grindy part. When I use the usual "SugarCube.State.active.variables.x" to modify money or my characters stats, it works, but when i use it to change my slave's stats it doesn't work. "SugarCube.State.active.variables.av_ranged = 80" did not work, while "SugarCube.State.active.variables.cash = 5000" worked. It used to work on some older versions but since i updated to 0.8.3c, it stopped working. Help pls ?
do a save game to disk and go to savegameeditor.com uload your save game to ur hearts content then download finsihed product load save game and enjoy

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I am curious.
Why do you need more than one workshop?
Right now I have one workshop and I seem to be able to assign all my slaves there.
Is there a limit? I did upgrade my workshop.
IIRR the limit is one foreman and 10 workers per workshop. At least with the basic one, and the one with the first upgrade.

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes