Hesperidian

Jul 5, 2021
Yep, restarted another new fresh game because of the stables. I wasted a lot of valuables early money into it, before realising that the only real advantage the stables give is the influence boost when fully upgraded, which by the time you reach that point, has almost become irrevelant.
I built them for the +2 Efficiency my household gets from having maximum level stables. Really hope that will pay off.

Jun 2, 2021
I built them for the +2 Efficiency my household gets from having maximum level stables. Really hope that will pay off.
I didn't consider that. I am still exploring the household stats like efficiency, depravity, emancipation, contentement, etc...
Btw, anybody knows what the "something" stat in the household stats is? :p

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
I agree with you, i like the slaver background more. You get for free the slave that otherwise cost 6k, and unlike her market non-slaver background version, she comes with both workaholic and perfectionist traits guaranteed. Immediately assign her the head maid title and you get +4 influence/day for free. You can then assign her a job. Assigned mine as an herald so i earn 15 influecne / day right off the bat.
You also get a very small quest that gets you 52 WEGA canisters and 12 units of gold by asking her background, which you don't get once more with her market variant.

As my number 2 choice i would go for doctor. High intelligence (i truly believe that intelligence is the definitive best skill / attribute) and high medicine (which is hard to farm otherwise)
I think her not getting the background quest must be a bug.
I understand not getting the traits. As she lacks training if you just buy her. But the background quest should be there regardless.

Jun 2, 2021
I think her not getting the background quest must be a bug.
I understand not getting the traits. As she lacks training if you just buy her. But the background quest should be there regardless.
Actually no. The lore of the quest is about your brother giving her a box after you acquired her and before he went missing. So definitively not a bug.

Reactions: Seamonkey

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
I personally think that the business expert is the best start in the long run. The % bonus to income snowballs later in the game.

I also think that the stables are too expensive for what you get. I think it needs balancing. The building slot is way too valuable.
Also it is unclear how much faster you actually move after fully upgrading.

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
What's the benefit of keeping Michelle in an apartment as opposed to bringing her to the house?
The only benefit I see is that you can raise her affection before bringing her into the household.

But I think the main point of the mechanic is so that she wont be lost in case you lack slots in your household and did not know you will get a character from this quest.
Right now we have 80 slots before 8.3 we had 20 and there were more unique slaves than there were slots.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I started a few like that too and I do believe it's a good strategy as well.

One thing I wish I hadn't taken this game was "Limp." It allowed me to take 'Party Animal' so I went for it, and while now that I have a pool I'm sure glad I took it, I should have forsaken another to not have to take "Limp." It caused me to prioritize the upgraded Stables which I now have to keep in a slot I might eventually want something else or I'll have to move down my Grove. My start was so much slower due to the 'Limp' penalties and now that they're gone they kind of live on in the lost opportunity cost of the upgraded Stables and the building slot.
I just did a quick test on a grimdark dying world with an expert scholar. And it turned out to be a very comfy start. Even with debt as negative trait I get $140 after maintenance and I get $150 more if I spend half my day at the academdy.

If I spend $1800 on a garden with utilities, then I get free food for myself and one slave. If I spend a tiny bit more on the garden, then I would get enough free food for one or two more slaves.

But I'm thinking that one is enough and then I can spend all days teaching at the academey, basic training, reading books and eventually caress / whip that one lucky girl until I have reached what would be similar to a mor enhanced character in 6-12 months and have enough money to build a workshop and buy slaves to work there, before I even start any quests or fighting.

I'm also thinking that Near-sighted is OK since I can just use sword or live with a little poor aim once I have trained myself enough in fighting skills.

$25 debt is irellevant when I have $200 retainer.

Limp seems OK even without a stable. Does it really make any difference that movement takes 50% extra minutes in later game?

The only other negative trait I'm unsure about is unlucky. I'm thinking that it is most likely just a few random events every now and then, but I worry that it could be something more annoying like recurring stat loss.

Edit: I'm also thinking that I will not milk the arena for money. It feels too much like cheating once you can put Kate or some other slave there who almost always win and you get thousands per day for it.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I just did a quick test on a grimdark dying world with an expert scholar. And it turned out to be a very comfy start. Even with debt as negative trait I get $140 after maintenance and I get $150 more if I spend half my day at the academdy.

If I spend $1800 on a garden with utilities, then I get free food for myself and one slave. If I spend a tiny bit more on the garden, then I would get enough free food for one or two more slaves.

But I'm thinking that one is enough and then I can spend all days teaching at the academey, basic training, reading books and eventually caress / whip that one lucky girl until I have reached what would be similar to a mor enhanced character in 6-12 months and have enough money to build a workshop and buy slaves to work there, before I even start any quests or fighting.

I'm also thinking that Near-sighted is OK since I can just use sword or live with a little poor aim once I have trained myself enough in fighting skills.

$25 debt is irellevant when I have $200 retainer.

Limp seems OK even without a stable. Does it really make any difference that movement takes 50% extra minutes in later game?

The only other negative trait I'm unsure about is unlucky. I'm thinking that it is most likely just a few random events every now and then, but I worry that it could be something more annoying like recurring stat loss.

Edit: I'm also thinking that I will not milk the arena for money. It feels too much like cheating once you can put Kate or some other slave there who almost always win and you get thousands per day for it.
'Limp' caused me to miss a number of bounties because I couldn't get back to Hamilton Square in time as I'd planned so much beforehand. It irritated the hell out of me after a while, it noticeably cut down on the actions I could do each day if I was traveling anywhere. It might not matter as much as a University professor though, I'm glad you made it work so well.

I haven't built a garden as it uses up a slot and eventually I'll do Mai-Lynn's quest and feed my burgeoning household that way. Hunting is mainly for money, as my household uses more than 100 food a day now, and to buy food it's 17 right now.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Is it possible to reorganize the roster?
Yes, if you click on the npc's portrait, select actions menu there is a move option. That opens up all the pages and you just click where you want to move the npc.

If you mean for the combat followers, you can just add follower in order you want.

Reactions: addasus

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
The subject of what do you do with your 5 yard slots it´s something that deserves some thoughts.

My current approach have been two workshops, temple, gazebo and a garden. The gazebo and the temple are obvious choices, the mass actions are something too good to live without them, and the two workshops gives you a workplace for your slaves. Without them they will be idle hands.

The last spot it´s the one that it´s tough to decide. A 3rd workshop would be nice, they give you a lot of money and possibly in a cost-effect analysis possibly would be the best option. I have not a clue what are the effects of a dojo or the stables, but I decide for the gardens simply from a role playing point of view, because I´m almost sure that are the worst investment effective-wise. They are maxed, and I have May Lin as a gardener and I get 38 foot rations per day. Even at 20$ per ration (in my game the food it´s just at 4$), that´s just 760$ per day, and that´s peanuts compared with the net profit that a mid of the road workshop can bring to your house.

But we are in a post apocalyptic world, after all. Things that we give for granted (as going to the market and buy food) are not a sure thing in Raana. And I though that the House of a Proper Gentlemen (capitals intended) must have some degree of self sufficiency, just in case. And also I´m quite sure that the tomatoes the peppers and the eggplants of my garden, cared by the loving hands of May Lin, and harvested just when they are perfectly ripe will taste a lot better that the crap you can buy in the market

lossius

May 7, 2023
I'm noticing some inconsistencies in the daily money I earn, at the moment I'm spending days without doing anything to test: there are days that I earn an amount X, other days an amount Y and there are days that I lose money (and it's not an end day event) I think this did not happen in version 0.8.2.3, the value was equal to that of total income

Is there an event that causes this? each day a different value in daily income?

Tastetester12

Feb 26, 2022
Not sure if it is in 0.8.3e (downloading now), but I think I encountered a bug where I was paying way too much for coffee (something like $50+ a cup) and I'm not getting the option to get a slave to work at the academy as a professor despite her having a science skill of 90.

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
Not sure if it is in 0.8.3e (downloading now), but I think I encountered a bug where I was paying way too much for coffee (something like $50+ a cup) and I'm not getting the option to get a slave to work at the academy as a professor despite her having a science skill of 90.
Did you go to the Academy yourself first? To unlock it?

Also, how the fuck do you buy coffee in this game? I never found it, and I want it now, goddamnit!

Jun 2, 2021
How old is the girl? you can't assign girl younger than 21 to be a professor, unless you have 6k influence (if i remember correctly)
as for the coffee, you are talking about the reading sessions right? I can't think of any other situation that allow you to buy coffee

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Re: the move character actions

Fun fact, you can use it to jump between pages by clicking on the specific slot's page name displayed on the move menu on the right. Clicking Page VIII takes you immediately to the 8th page of the NPC menu.

---

Also, Mai Lynn greentext

> acquire Mai Lynn
> sees new never before seen trait: Depressed
> "I'll fix your depression babe"
> damn Mai Lynn's depression got hands claws
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phyltre

Nov 24, 2018
Choose NPC -> Talk -> Affect -> Convert!
This option is available only if your devotion is high enough and cost 10 devotion per attempt.
To be precise, U need to be level 4 of what ever religionthats relevant and have at least 100 of 130 possible points (wich isnt really that hard to get)

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes