Blue Otter Games

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
Yes, you are getting new content in December! Or the start of January... but more than likely December.

Our Patrons have voted that instead of one large chapter, that they would rather future chapters be two parts that are playable over a few months for more frequent updates.

Chapter 3 Part 1 is coming in December.
Chapter 3 Part 2 is coming in February.

This gives players more frequent content updates and keeps the game fresh! We want to thank you from our tails to our whiskers for waiting. It's almost time to play more, and we can't wait for you to get your paws on more Matrix Hearts!

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
Yes, you are getting new content in December! Or the start of January... but more than likely December.

Our Patrons have voted that instead of one large chapter, that they would rather future chapters be two parts that are playable over a few months for more frequent updates.

Chapter 3 Part 1 is coming in December.
Chapter 3 Part 2 is coming in February.

This gives players more frequent content updates and keeps the game fresh! We want to thank you from our tails to our whiskers for waiting. It's almost time to play more, and we can't wait for you to get your paws on more Matrix Hearts!
Can you give a ballpark figure of how many renders can be expected in chap 3 part 1?

Reactions: operamini

legend_shon

Mar 17, 2018
non-stop swearing on arrogant/snobby girl was made on purpose? i think that was bad experiment:poop:. there is tOO much with no logic. standart arrogant/snobby is undying classic. how here was made with other girls, frendly, big sisterly, quiet weirdo and etc.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

drunkenrioter

Sep 13, 2021
Am I the only one kinda pissed that it's gonna take a full year to get one chapter of this game? I don't know exactly when the 0.2.1 release was, but I downloaded it on 2/13/22. Now it turns out we won't get the full chapter till February. I know future chapters are being released in parts, but I would personally rather wait for complete updates than be drip-fed content more frequently. Is this really the time frame we can expect going forward for full chapter releases? That would royally suck, since this is probably my favorite game on the site at this point.

Reactions: AhleWoscht

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Am I the only one kinda pissed that it's gonna take a full year to get one chapter of this game? I don't know exactly when the 0.2.1 release was, but I downloaded it on 2/13/22. Now it turns out we won't get the full chapter till February. I know future chapters are being released in parts, but I would personally rather wait for complete updates than be drip-fed content more frequently. Is this really the time frame we can expect going forward for full chapter releases? That would royally suck, since this is probably my favorite game on the site at this point.
I'd say that is something that you should complain and vote about on Otter's patreon or discord. You complain about that 'we' have to wait till February to get the full chapter. Remember, you, me and 'we' are talking on a piracy froum here.
Would I, personally, prefer for the game to be updated more frequently, even finished in record time so I can play it in one go? You bet I am. But I also am not currently a paying supporter, so I don't feel I have any right to complain about release speeds, naughty content, artstyle, writing, etc etc... which, aside from said release speed, I'm a fan anyway. (y)

TL,DR: you want faster releases, support the dev on their patreon.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'd say that is something that you should complain and vote about on Otter's patreon or discord. You complain about that 'we' have to wait till February to get the full chapter. Remember, you, me and 'we' are talking on a piracy froum here.
Would I, personally, prefer for the game to be updated more frequently, even finished in record time so I can play it in one go? You bet I am. But I also am not currently a paying supporter, so I don't feel I have any right to complain about release speeds, naughty content, artstyle, writing, etc etc... which, aside from said release speed, I'm a fan anyway. (y)

Yeah, if only milky city, milking paradise, radiant and other underrated games would have enough support..:(

Dont get me (too) wrong, yet pulling a classic "me supporter youre not" argument when someone complain on a pirate forum, is an ultimate jerk level move. Perhaps even more than those venturing into various threads and posting various complains regardless of their game/dev knowledge.

drunkenrioter

Sep 13, 2021

Fair point, but the year long wait must still frustrate patrons, right? It's not like I'm gonna march anywhere in protest- I don't have that right, no matter how much it annoys me- but the question remains valid. For what little it's worth I'm getting the game on Steam first chance I get, but I'm obviously gonna have to accept it whatever the answer is. I just wanna know what the expectations are going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: johndoe19

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Yeah, if only milky city, milking paradise, radiant and other underrated games would have enough support..:(

Dont get me (too) wrong, yet pulling a classic "me supporter youre not" argument when someone complain on a pirate forum, is an ultimate jerk level move. Perhaps even more than those venturing into various threads and posting various complains regardless of their game/dev knowledge.
I don't think this game falls into milking territory like those classic dairy producers you mention. The dev here is active and updates their patreon regularly, so I believe it is just that - slow development due to lack of experience and/or resources.
And just to be clear, I did state that I am NOT a supporter. My apologies if I was misunderstood about this.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I don't think this game falls into milking territory like those classic dairy producers you mention. The dev here is active and updates their patreon regularly, so I believe it is just that - slow development due to lack of experience and/or resources.
And just to be clear, I did state that I am NOT a supporter. My apologies if I was misunderstood about this.
Im also not saying these particular devs are milkers, yet that having more or less support dont mean that much regarding games updates/development. At the end it is all up to the devs passion. These dudes have it, and I hope for the best for them and for us as players.

drunkenrioter

Sep 13, 2021
Im also not saying these particular devs are milkers, yet that having more or less support dont mean that much regarding games updates/development. At the end it is all up to the devs passion. These dudes have it, and I hope for the best for them and for us as players.
If I didn't care about the game or like the devs, the update cycle wouldn't bother me. I just enjoy the game and appreciate the Otters' attitude so dang much that the sudden realization of how long it's been makes me nervous.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
If I didn't care about the game or like the devs, the update cycle wouldn't bother me. I just enjoy the game and appreciate the Otters' attitude so dang much that the sudden realization of how long it's been makes me nervous.
I understand it perfectly, and i feel the same about this, and few other games I like with comparably prolonged developing time.
These dudes, unlike some others, had some really rough times, which was posted here as info, so I have a bit more patience in this particular case.
At the end is all up to how much we can trust devs,as there were more than a few "dedicated yet misfortunate" devs going from one disaster to another while "giving their best" on a plane of game development, and regularly getting patreons money.
For now there are no reasons for similar doubts here, imo. Regardless, we can only wait and see how these things go in future, and based on that we should form our opinion to support or not support the devs.

drunkenrioter

Sep 13, 2021
I understand it perfectly, and i feel the same about this, and few other games I like with comparably prolonged developing time.
These dudes, unlike some others, had some really rough times, which was posted here as info, so I have a bit more patience in this particular case.
At the end is all up to how much we can trust devs,as there were more than a few "dedicated yet misfortunate" devs going from one disaster to another while "giving their best" on a plane of game development, and regularly getting patreons money.
For now there are no reasons for similar doubts here, imo. Regardless, we can only wait and see how these things go in future, and based on that we should form our opinion to support or not support the devs.
I took a dive into the old pages here. I knew about the Daz switch, but missed the news that the artist had to dip. Not sure how I managed that. That does explain some of the delay (probably all of it). Still nervous, but less so.

Reactions: Elhemeer and Abhai

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Heh, it seems that I just so happened to have stumbled into this thread at a good time.

I took a dive into the old pages here. I knew about the Daz switch, but missed the news that the artist had to dip. Not sure how I managed that. That does explain some of the delay (probably all of it). Still nervous, but less so.
During the development of v0.2.2, the game's sole artist had to leave the project due to more important obligations in their life. I was asked to assist, and stepping up, I did a majority of the renders for v0.2.2. However, at the time that this happened, I had very little experience in Daz specifically, working more in Blender at the time. In fact, some Patreon renders I did for the team in the earlier stages were done in Blender instead of Daz. (This is most noticeable if you look at hair, which sometimes looks very different on Blender than in Daz.) Unfortunately, due to my own life obligations, lack of experience, and us having not worked out the best workflow for us, there were a lot of issues that delayed that update significantly.

For Chapter 3, the reigns actually got handed over again. Blue Otter Games is now more or less a one-man team, doing everything himself. While this guy is very much a newbie to the rendering side of things (and sometimes it might show), he really tries and has learned a great deal in a short time. Just please don't expect jaw-dropping renders. He is still new and is learning throughout. My job is to try to help him learn.

There's nobody I'd trust more to run this game. I was flamed for delays that I caused, and I know full well that Otter will do anything in his power to avoid ever making them again. If/when they do happen, I'd bet that he'd be just as, if not more pissed and disappointed than you. This game has had a tumble and it develops at a pace that is anything but speedy, but I can attest to the dedication and love that the author has for his game.

People don't have to support the game, and as was said in some replies, dismissing valid complaints simply because someone isn't supporting the game is pretty dickish. Everyone, regardless of their supporter status has a right to complain about the game. After all, you are a part of the community whether or not you financially support.

Last edited:

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
I just want to say that I think both side of argument are correct generally. People here do have a right to complain about devs work simply because is free site. Supporters also have right to complain cuz they are paying. Ppl who think that updates are really slow ( in league with DIK,DeLucas,etc category) and the complex and quality between MH and other mentioned are different. On the other hand,we don't have many devs who are that much concerned about opinions here and Blue Otter is perfect example how honesty,care and worry about his/their fans are very important. If somebody doesn't deliever what you might expect and then apologise,explain and really care how you feel,would you honestly be upset or you will be patient knowing when he/they deliever would be awesome? My point is, give devs chance to prove themselves, that can only lead to more support,happiness for all of us and more security that game will continue to have many updates and hopefully get completed. There are more and more abandoned and on hold games and some of them were great. Lack of support (moral or financial or both),creativity blackout,etc are things what lead to undesired end. It's like in sport. Everybody support their clubs when they are winning and all (me too) bitch when they are loosing and support in those moments are crucial.
I didn't say anything you don't know,it's just a simple reminder and I'm sorry if I wasted your time reading my comment.

4.30 star(s) 67 Votes