Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
Jas0nTon I'm sorry, but the game's transitions are making me nauseous - they are random, distracting, and completely out of place in pretty much all scenes. Fix them ASAP.
I wanted to write a review, but I simply cannot continue playing the game in this state...

The game has many more issues - the writing visibly falls off after the "heist scene", the renders range from great to "entire screen is blurry for no reason", the sound effects seem to happen at random like some low-grade slapstick comedy, and the pacing is also out of whack (focus on one paths of events, please).

That's it for now.
Fine... I've received some feedback regarding the sound effects and transition effects. I will work on optimizing these aspects promptly and will make an fix version soon.

As for the writing— I appreciate your criticism, and I will strive to improve my skills.

I apologize for any poor gaming experience you may have had.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Phase_01

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Please release your soundtrack, you have some good stuff in there.

I'm looking forward for further updates, I liked what I see especially the content toggles. One thing I noticed though, is there is no toggle for NTR?

There have been prevalent appearances of prostitutes (naked or mostly are) and sleazy (with their dicks out) guys all throughout this Rework. What are your plans for this?

Is it fine to expect a harem in here? No NTR and other such stuff? What more can you tell in regards to other content your planning?

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
Well, I wasn't expecting the scene with MC's stepsister, lol.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They are each other's first time, but this time is not their first time.

I understand... this section lacks any setup, making the whole scene a bit hollow.

But considering if the six-month update without bringing any H scenes to the players, I think it's not appropriate.

Perhaps the story between them will be supplemented later.

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
Please release your soundtrack, you have some good stuff in there.

I'm looking forward for further updates, I liked what I see especially the content toggles. One thing I noticed though, is there is no toggle for NTR?

There have been prevalent appearances of prostitutes (naked or mostly are) and sleazy (with their dicks out) guys all throughout this Rework. What are your plans for this?

Is it fine to expect a harem in here? No NTR and other such stuff? What more can you tell in regards to other content your planning?
I'm not sure how to release the soundtrack because I haven't used YouTube or Spotify.

Since I don't plan to include any NTR content related to the protagonist, I feel it doesn't need a button...

Considering the setting of that scene, I don't think it's a very strange thing. At the same time, I also hope to highlight the impact of rapid technological development on people's moral ethics, leading to a lack of many concepts in this regard. (Of course, I also hope that these exposures will let most players know what kind of game this is.)

Harem, it will definitely be there, as this is a harem game. NTR? It will never happen to the protagonist. I can't guarantee it won't exist at all in my game... perhaps for certain plot needs, some sacrifices between other characters may be made, but it will definitely not happen to the MC or LI. Regarding other content... I think if you need anything, and I can give you a clear answer in this regard, you can ask me anytime.

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Finally got around to trying the Reset out.

The one thing I criticised in the first iteration of the game was the super long explanation on how the world worked (or the powers) and on that front, things have drastically improved. Much less frontloaded information, more show than tell. I like that a lot.

The MC hasn't changed much either, which is a plus for me. He gets pushed around a little, but Nikita acknowledges his talent and everything, so he isn't getting belittled.

I like the stylistic choices. Some things that were done with the images, like the distorted colors, looked pretty cool to me. Sometimes it gets a little much, like the comic style, but overall I like where it's going when it's done in moderation.

The music is really fucking good. At one point it didn't really match the scene, but that's it. Sound effects are a little much at times. I don't need to hear a squeak when someone turns around, for example.

The transitions were also too much at times. I would cut 80% of them, maybe more, and it would improve the experience a lot.

I liked the colorful backgrounds, too, like when Nikita and MC stood on top of the roof. The Cyberpunk elements are nice!

At times the renders / animations become a little less crisp.

---------

About the story:

I am really interested in what's going on in Devon City and the world it is placed in. Powers, hunters and vigilantes, elves - I want to know more about these things. The name of the game is great, too, and now that we know why it is called that, it fits!

The heist scene was nice. It ended pretty abruptly. When the gangsters went down underground I was like "Huh, it's over, just like that?" and then they flew away 2 minutes later.

I wasn't much of a fan of Nikita kicking that prostitute for simply bothering the MC a little. She doesn't seem to be evil, but in that scene.. well, she was. Maybe it was out of jealousy, and no so much disdain for the prostitute, but still.

The sex scene with the stepsister was.. unexpected. No buildup, came out of nothing. Do appreciate that it won't take 15 updates to get there, though.

The villains are interesting! They remind me of some anime, but I can't put my finger on it. Darker than Black, MHA? I wonder if MC is going to fuck/rape them when they inevitably lose to him - and if yes, do Nikita and Carine watch/listen in? Would they approve? Might be hot.

Lots of text / feedback, I know. I want to say that I like the game a lot and that the second update can't come soon enough. Really looking forward to it.

Good luck, dev!

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
I'm not sure how to release the soundtrack because I haven't used YouTube or Spotify.

Since I don't plan to include any NTR content related to the protagonist, I feel it doesn't need a button...

Considering the setting of that scene, I don't think it's a very strange thing. At the same time, I also hope to highlight the impact of rapid technological development on people's moral ethics, leading to a lack of many concepts in this regard. (Of course, I also hope that these exposures will let most players know what kind of game this is.)

Harem, it will definitely be there, as this is a harem game. NTR? It will never happen to the protagonist. I can't guarantee it won't exist at all in my game... perhaps for certain plot needs, some sacrifices between other characters may be made, but it will definitely not happen to the MC or LI. Regarding other content... I think if you need anything, and I can give you a clear answer in this regard, you can ask me anytime.
Thanks for the response, I'll just wait and see what's instore for us in the upcoming updates.

As for the soundtrack, I mostly mean just the titles of the music you used all throughout.

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
Thanks for the response, I'll just wait and see what's instore for us in the upcoming updates.

As for the soundtrack, I mostly mean just the titles of the music you used all throughout.
V - Marcin Przybyłowicz

Blue Velvet - Pat Martino/Willis Jackson

Why so Serious?/I'm Not a Hero/I Am the Batman/Always a Catch - Hans Zimmer/James Newton Howard

Ro To/Solêr - Otto A Totland

Helix - Hi-Finesse

Hoyt's Office/Escape from the Train/Call Me Joker/Bridge Of Death - Hildur Guðnadóttir

The World Stands Still - Secession Studios/Greg Dombrowski

Clouds, The Mind on the (Re)Wind/ Rain, in Your Black Eyes - Ezio Bosso

borderline - Current

Faded Light - PYLOT

Collateral - The Midnight

Our Destination - AK

Back to 8 - Else

Luce - Ludovico Einaudi

Arrival - Jóhann Jóhannsson

Howling Abyss Death - Alexander Temple/League of Legends

Way Out - FKJ

My Foolish Heart - Bill Evans

Night Lights (1963 Version) - Gerry Mulligan

Fauré: Requiem, Op.48 - 7. In paradisum - Charles Dutoit / Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal / Choeur de l'Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal

Silhouettes Of You - Isaac Gracie

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
Finally got around to trying the Reset out.

The one thing I criticised in the first iteration of the game was the super long explanation on how the world worked (or the powers) and on that front, things have drastically improved. Much less frontloaded information, more show than tell. I like that a lot.

The MC hasn't changed much either, which is a plus for me. He gets pushed around a little, but Nikita acknowledges his talent and everything, so he isn't getting belittled.

I like the stylistic choices. Some things that were done with the images, like the distorted colors, looked pretty cool to me. Sometimes it gets a little much, like the comic style, but overall I like where it's going when it's done in moderation.

The music is really fucking good. At one point it didn't really match the scene, but that's it. Sound effects are a little much at times. I don't need to hear a squeak when someone turns around, for example.

The transitions were also too much at times. I would cut 80% of them, maybe more, and it would improve the experience a lot.

I liked the colorful backgrounds, too, like when Nikita and MC stood on top of the roof. The Cyberpunk elements are nice!

At times the renders / animations become a little less crisp.

---------

About the story:

I am really interested in what's going on in Devon City and the world it is placed in. Powers, hunters and vigilantes, elves - I want to know more about these things. The name of the game is great, too, and now that we know why it is called that, it fits!

The heist scene was nice. It ended pretty abruptly. When the gangsters went down underground I was like "Huh, it's over, just like that?" and then they flew away 2 minutes later.

I wasn't much of a fan of Nikita kicking that prostitute for simply bothering the MC a little. She doesn't seem to be evil, but in that scene.. well, she was. Maybe it was out of jealousy, and no so much disdain for the prostitute, but still.

The sex scene with the stepsister was.. unexpected. No buildup, came out of nothing. Do appreciate that it won't take 15 updates to get there, though.

The villains are interesting! They remind me of some anime, but I can't put my finger on it. Darker than Black, MHA? I wonder if MC is going to fuck/rape them when they inevitably lose to him - and if yes, do Nikita and Carine watch/listen in? Would they approve? Might be hot.

Lots of text / feedback, I know. I want to say that I like the game a lot and that the second update can't come soon enough. Really looking forward to it.

Good luck, dev!
Thank you for your love and affirmation of the reset version~

I have many ideas about the story, but I'm not sure if I can present it completely to the players. Please look forward to future updates.

Regarding the subway station scene, in fact, Nikita is more in a protective mindset towards the MC. From many perspectives, she is both a senior in school and work to the protagonist, and she has some indescribable affection for the MC. As for other factors... there are some, but not exactly like that.

They are each other's first time, but this time is not their first time.I understand... this section lacks any setup, making the whole scene a bit hollow. But considering if the six-month update without bringing any H scenes to the players, I think it's not appropriate.Perhaps the story between them will be supplemented later.

About the antagonists, I plan to add some more extreme punishment scenes when they are defeated... as for the specific ideas, I haven't figured them out yet, as that won't happen soon.

I'm glad you enjoyed the reset this time.

tachibala6969

Aug 24, 2023
May I ask what are the specific reasons for your great efforts to reset the game? I think both versions have their own strengths and weaknesses in terms of the storyline. By the way, I think the modeling of this game is equally excellent as the Eternum. I wish your game can reach its level of excellence.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Jas0nTon

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
May I ask what are the specific reasons for your great efforts to reset the game? I think both versions have their own strengths and weaknesses in terms of the storyline. By the way, I think the modeling of this game is equally excellent as the Eternum. I wish your game can reach its level of excellence.
Because new one is better, new always better.

Reactions: tachibala6969

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Well, about the remake the animation and texture is clearly having a visual improve(although from me it sometimes has too much filter and effect on models and scenes, which the original one is much more simple and concise), but the story of the remade one is even boring than the original one, the original one is more interesting and attracting me want to investigate the story.
Beside, it seems the background changed from magic mix with high technology to cyberpunk technology one, not complaining about that but it seems it lost its feature if compare to other story.
Moreover, the change cut scene is kind of too much that sometime it feels unnecessary to add between every dialog, it is quite disturbing.
唯一不變的是主角依然是個憤青流氓,所幸比起初版程度有所減輕沒有這麼令人反感

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 18 Votes