The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
I honestly didn't like the MC much, he acts like he's oppressed by the Upperclass yet he himself acts like he's better than everyone else just because he has a badge and a superpower, then gets taken down instantly, he's submissive to his boss and partner, she literally uses him as a chair.

I think this might be missing the female domination tag.

Reactions: Lucid Lancer

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
I honestly didn't like the MC much, he acts like he's oppressed by the Upperclass yet he himself acts like he's better than everyone else just because he has a badge and a superpower, then gets taken down instantly, he's submissive to his boss and partner, she literally uses him as a chair.

I think this might be missing the female domination tag.
Hmm... In fact, it is very contradictory about the hero's current identity.
I'll continue to describe this aspect in detail, thanks for the suggestion!

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
Just came back here after I saw the Eternum referenced in game. I'm happy to say this game have peaked my interest due to the hq graphics and interesting story as well since it's inspired by Eternum. A game that also has good story alongside good scenes.

I'm just surprised this game hasn't been on my radar considering I'm visiting this site very frequently.
It's okay.
Better late than never.lul

Fuyusaki

Oct 3, 2020
yysy你这游戏少了中文真就少了内味了,如果要参考的话可以去看看PHOENIXES,中文本地化也很不错,或者找一个人来挂名中文翻译兼本地化

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jas0nTon
Mar 6, 2021
Blurry... This is some of my personal preference
Oh, I see. Then okay, keep your style)
I think I might need to find out what LORE HEAVY means.
Well, I'll try to explain. It has the connection with this:
I think the storytelling and the scene's changing timing need to improve, even reading the chinese version still have some unsmooth places
For example, the quarrel with corpo boss after Gigi scene and the following dialogue with Elves Mother both have a lot of description of the world. That's interesting but these scenes are following each other and it might be too much for someone.

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
Oh, I see. Then okay, keep your style)

Well, I'll try to explain. It has the connection with this:

For example, the quarrel with corpo boss after Gigi scene and the following dialogue with Elves Mother both have a lot of description of the world. That's interesting but these scenes are following each other and it might be too much for someone.
I see, it is the description of the world.
It does, so I've been trying not to just tell them, but to blend them in the character's dialogue for the player to understand, and maybe that will make it look interesting.

felyp3

May 22, 2019
The game is very good, I believe it has the potential to be one of the best on the site, the girls look a bit similar but that's not necessarily a bad thing. At first, the story universe seemed very similar to Eternum, but the issue of superpowers and "vigilantes" distinguished it quite a bit.
The protagonist is not boring, but also not very interesting, I believe this is the worst case scenario for a protagonist. Some people like a character without any personality and a game full of choices, and some people like a "complete" character and a linear story; as I noticed that the DEV values quality, I would recommend that he goes down the path of choices and different routes, which is much more complicated, but with the quality that I saw from the DEV, it might be possible.
Regarding the art, it is very good both in quality and art direction. Some close-ups are very well done, even in the sex scenes. The problem is the lighting, it often gets a bit dark or with low contrast. Fixing this, the art will be in the category of one of the best in this type of game.

Overall, it is a project with a lot of potential, I hope you continue with the development and more people get to play it.

• Red Heart

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
The game is very good, I believe it has the potential to be one of the best on the site, the girls look a bit similar but that's not necessarily a bad thing. At first, the story universe seemed very similar to Eternum, but the issue of superpowers and "vigilantes" distinguished it quite a bit.
The protagonist is not boring, but also not very interesting, I believe this is the worst case scenario for a protagonist. Some people like a character without any personality and a game full of choices, and some people like a "complete" character and a linear story; as I noticed that the DEV values quality, I would recommend that he goes down the path of choices and different routes, which is much more complicated, but with the quality that I saw from the DEV, it might be possible.
Regarding the art, it is very good both in quality and art direction. Some close-ups are very well done, even in the sex scenes. The problem is the lighting, it often gets a bit dark or with low contrast. Fixing this, the art will be in the category of one of the best in this type of game.

Overall, it is a project with a lot of potential, I hope you continue with the development and more people get to play it.
I am already trying to add options that will affect the subsequent plot and a girl's Favorability system in version 0.3.

The effort I put into lighting the characters was the most time I've ever spent in production rendering.
Sometimes I am limited by the HS2 engine, the maximum number of lights and the overexposure problem.
However, you can rest assured that I will try to balance them in the coming contents.

Thanks for your love~

Ogre

Mar 29, 2018
I have not played the game, and I hope it's great. But it looks to me like the developer (or a friend) is stuffing some early 5 star reviews in to get the game a boost at the start. The three most recent reviews are all from accounts that have never posted anything else, ever.

This may be standard operating procedure in some places, but it seems sketchy to me.

• Thinking Face

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
I have not played the game, and I hope it's great. But it looks to me like the developer (or a friend) is stuffing some early 5 star reviews in to get the game a boost at the start. The three most recent reviews are all from accounts that have never posted anything else, ever.

This may be standard operating procedure in some places, but it seems sketchy to me.
Hmm. I can assure you these are not my trumpets or anything.
If I really need some fake ratings... I think I'll put those fake ratings in the early 0.1 update or early 0.2 update.

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
is the mc going to be a "beta" punching bag for the entire game? or does he grow testicles in any point of the story? he acts like a bad shonen manga protagonist

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's really weird.

It's really good most of the time but then MC starts talking and it's a 50/50 chance he'll say something really dumb.

It's like if Amy Schumer was Deadpool. A badass with really bad jokes and doesn't know when to keep quiet.

Also, for someone who allegedly graduated in second place and was personally scouted, he's been knocked out, beat down and only made it in the dream because someone interferred. In the words of the sexy Shania Twain, that don't impress me much.

Girls are all great, plot seems interesting and i'm looking forward to seein how it progresses. MC needs a bit of growth though. So far he does a lot of talking but hasn't managed to back it up once.

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
Hi, I'm the current English translator and thanks for your feedback!

I believe there is a decent amount of dialogue in this game that is "lost in translation", and the storytelling part is stuck in between a eastern and western style. From a rhetorical view, the pathos deviates when I directly translate sentences from Chinese, and the emotions the author try to convey become a little... skewed. Anyways, I will closely discuss with Jasonton about the direction we want to go, and we will improve the overall dialogue so that the game remains consistent. Cheers!
Always a massive challenge, taking something out of it's native context.
I personally have found I always appreciate a translation that actually tells you the original meaning, even if it doesn't make sense at the time, eventually you pick up enough that it does.
When using subs the whole point for me is to learn a bit of another language and to understand it, anime subs wind me up no end with their translations that try to find an equivalent but totally miss the mark and I also know a few words so I know they're just making stuff up instead of actually saying the correct phrase.
The best is when there's somthing like a tiny explanation in the corner so you can get what the joke is meant to be, even if it doesn't land as it would for a native speaker, then I'm learning and getting an accurate translation, win win!

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes