Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
It's really weird.

It's really good most of the time but then MC starts talking and it's a 50/50 chance he'll say something really dumb.

It's like if Amy Schumer was Deadpool. A badass with really bad jokes and doesn't know when to keep quiet.

Also, for someone who allegedly graduated in second place and was personally scouted, he's been knocked out, beat down and only made it in the dream because someone interferred. In the words of the sexy Shania Twain, that don't impress me much.

Girls are all great, plot seems interesting and i'm looking forward to seein how it progresses. MC needs a bit of growth though. So far he does a lot of talking but hasn't managed to back it up once.
I deeply appreciate the Shania quote, it warms my heart, so much that it should keep me warm all through the long cold lonely night

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
Also, for someone who allegedly graduated in second place and was personally scouted, he's been knocked out, beat down and only made it in the dream because someone interferred. In the words of the sexy Shania Twain, that don't impress me much.
yeah, like i said the mc is a walking punching bag, every encounter ends with him on the floor

maybe the autor is using the typical korean/chinese narrative where every single mc has to be kicked in the balls by anyone he meets

• Sad
Reactions: Jas0nTon

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
yeah, like i said the mc is a walking punching bag, every encounter ends with him on the floor

maybe the autor is using the typical korean/chinese narrative where every single mc has to be kicked in the balls by anyone he meets
Yeah this was my issue with it too.

MC doesn't impress at all, you would expect him to be more of a badass or at least competent.

The story itself felt a little confusing at times but I loved the visuals, there was a lot of hours put into those and you can tell.

pipi1818

May 7, 2021
人物建模和衣着很棒,构图也很好。故事情节也很新颖,但有一个核心的问题,就是玩起来不像是Hgame。
对话不要太冗长,剧情也不太拖沓,多搞点有诱惑力的图,和性爱场景,比你挖空心思去设计剧情会有效得多。
记住,Hgame的本质是什么,请不要搞成小说了。希望作者成功。

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
is the mc going to be a "beta" punching bag for the entire game? or does he grow testicles in any point of the story? he acts like a bad shonen manga protagonist
Hmmm... Sorry to have given you that feeling.

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
It's really weird.

It's really good most of the time but then MC starts talking and it's a 50/50 chance he'll say something really dumb.

It's like if Amy Schumer was Deadpool. A badass with really bad jokes and doesn't know when to keep quiet.

Girls are all great, plot seems interesting and i'm looking forward to seein how it progresses. MC needs a bit of growth though. So far he does a lot of talking but hasn't managed to back it up once.
Hmmm...
I'll revisit this part of the episode.

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
人物建模和衣着很棒,构图也很好。故事情节也很新颖,但有一个核心的问题,就是玩起来不像是Hgame。
对话不要太冗长,剧情也不太拖沓,多搞点有诱惑力的图,和性爱场景,比你挖空心思去设计剧情会有效得多。
记住,Hgame的本质是什么,请不要搞成小说了。希望作者成功。
I would prefer an episodic game with H scenes.
Not the retarded Hgames that are already plentiful in China.

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Replayed and enjoyed the latest translation. Nice to know what the actually plot is ;)

Due to translation, it is difficult to say is MC an idiot or not, for while the words do make sense a lot of content is lost in translation. Like, I don't understand why first characters are so polite only to insult each other right after. Is that normal in China? Then there was the elf-Queen, while I understood the conversation I also felt a lot of was again lost in translation.

Eitherway, the music and high-quality renders kept me interested. Definitely one of the best game in this forum.

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
Replayed and enjoyed the latest translation. Nice to know what the actually plot is ;)

Due to translation, it is difficult to say is MC an idiot or not, for while the words do make sense a lot of content is lost in translation. Like, I don't understand why first characters are so polite only to insult each other right after. Is that normal in China? Then there was the elf-Queen, while I understood the conversation I also felt a lot of was again lost in translation.

Eitherway, the music and high-quality renders kept me interested. Definitely one of the best game in this forum.
I think this is probably not a translation problem, but simply because I have too little experience in writing.
I'll work on it, thanks for the advice!

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
It's really weird.

THIS!
Totally agreed, this MC feels kinda: too much talk, little to show, and some of the jokes are really meh.

But so far the plot looks promising and the Girls are good and beautiful.

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
THIS!
Totally agreed, this MC feels kinda: too much talk, little to show, and some of the jokes are really meh.

But so far the plot looks promising and the Girls are good and beautiful.
I've always wanted to use this nagging (and trolling) character to show the character of a newcomer to society from Undertown. This may allow the player to feel his growth in future episodes...
But maybe I'm not experienced enough in writing, so some players will get bored with him. I apologize for that.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
I've always wanted to use this nagging (and trolling) character to show the character of a newcomer to society from Undertown. This may allow the player to feel his growth in future episodes...
But maybe I'm not experienced enough in writing, so some players will get bored with him. I apologize for that.
Personally I find him frustrating right now, like others have said he is mostly all talk, when it comes to action he gets his ass handed to him but as long as he improves with the story I think it could be good way to showcase his growth as a character.

• Red Heart

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
Personally I find him frustrating right now, like others have said he is mostly all talk, when it comes to action he gets his ass handed to him but as long as he improves with the story I think it could be good way to showcase his growth as a character.
not only that, after the sex scene he has an internal monologue about how bad he is at sex and he had to use his powers to last longer, he acts like a beta even when hes thinking

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
not only that, after the sex scene he has an internal monologue about how bad he is at sex and he had to use his powers to last longer, he acts like a beta even when hes thinking
Well he was a virgin, makes sense to not have confidence there yet.

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
I recommend getting a native English speaker who is fluent with Chinese in order to make conversation smooth. I don't mind cultural differences but delivering the message from one language to another is not easy, especially considering all the differences between English and Mandarin Chinese.

I also recommend dev to finnish the main game first before branching the plot into different endings, I think the elf ending would satisfy most of players. The problem of dividing the plot in the middle of the game is that the workload easily doubles, triples, and most of the players won't notice the effort for they follow a special ending. Ravager is a perfect example of this mistake: instead of finnishing the main plot the devs decided to follow the plotline of each girl, and now more after a year the main plot has not developed at all. It is much more difficult to finish the game with +10 different endings than one, but it is much more easier to expand the existing game towards the direction the players want.

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 23 Votes