Feb 28, 2019
Loved BLC when Hugo was the dev, glad you are back making a new game, excellent so far, please don't get rid of Dakota Skye, we must preserve her scenes in games for future generations!

Looking forward to future updates, and there is plenty to do in the initial release, my playthrough lasted about 2 hours or so.

Reactions: Black Xoul

RM

May 25, 2017
Second minor bug, when you run into Jessie and Luna at the gym, you get an increase to your fitness for the conversation. This increase can take you over 100 fitness. Opening the journal to see yourself at 101/100 fitness is a little dumb.

KurosU

Jan 14, 2018
Your family, comprised of your wife, mother-in-law, daughter, three step daughters
My only grief is if MC can have 3 step daughters to corrupt why not include MC's mom or aunt.
It's just my personal preference though :cry:
Anyway for a 1st release its good enough, still have to wait for few more releases. Hope this game can be as great as BLC.

Reactions: mickster101

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Ok - I think i saw everything ... not sure about Jessie. Maybe there is still more.
... there is ... now Peta shows up again - dont know why ... - have to check for more stuff I guess ^^

The content is a bit of balance. You have Jessie that takes longer than all the rest you can do.
The Council stuff is repeating and random. That is not great. Especially because the texts are not good for that.
When you bought new books for 15k 3 times, it is strange that it is still not good enough and just "the bare minimum" and dont get you good standing.

Then there are way to many locations without any content so far - I dont like that.
That was the good thing about BLC - not that many locations at first.

Oh - and I understand now what the pictures mean - those are the characters you can interact with - you still have to find them. Maybe you can add links to them and we dont have to find them ...

Not bad for a 0.1 - but as in most sandboxy games - way to much empty space. I just clicked "Go to work and come home" and "Sleep until 8am" at some point, just to get some more Jessie stuff. But everything else was already done. Oh the hooker is still showing up, but you get the msg that that action wont to anything anymore.

Reactions: jojogeo
Dec 8, 2017
I'd like to know how to progress the cheerleader squad leader story (obviously). In the img and video sections there's a lot of stuff of hers that I couldn't reach, and in the journal there's no indication that the end of her content for this version has ben reached, but I don't really know what to do.
How do I meet Luna Star, too?
There aren't always events; sometimes you just need to wait it out for a week or two and wait for something to pop up; check the journal, it'll update and tell you the end of the content is reached when you get there.

battered47

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Yep! Here are the current fixes for the game that I have done so far. I'll upload it probably tomorrow to see if anyone finds any more errors, or has any more suggestions:

• Corrected the image of the librarian in the journal
  • Added a list of potential laws that can be passed as the game grows
  • Added a text link to return to Main Street on every non-home location page
  • Added the option for Dark Mode in the journal (black background, white text)
  • Added a button in the left hand menu to skip one hour when not in stories
  • Fixed the Chanel Jackson corruption message issue
  • Capped the fitness stat for the Jessie/Luna passage
  • Removed two non-story stats that hadn't been deleted from journal before release
  • Attempt #1 at fixing the time localisation issue
The time issue could be a problem though and I don't really know why the times are showing up incorrectly for some people, but I assume it was because I had set the date and time function in the game to be Zulu time. I've now deleted that, and hopefully that will fix things for people because that is obviously very annoying.

Regardless though, I really appreciate all the feedback so far!

Darkminou

May 13, 2017
Any clue of how to trigger Gia's scene? been working out like crazy, tough it would start it, but at 70 fitness and nothing yet
As her only clue is "she's a fitness obsessed" tough would be that, as the school gym seems to be empty

nevermind, finally triggered

Last edited:

battered47

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Any clue of how to trigger Gia's scene? been working out like crazy, tough it would start it, but at 70 fitness and nothing yet
As her only clue is "she's a fitness obsessed" tough would be that, as the school gym seems to be empty
Thinking about it that seems needlessly cryptic, but the main gate for Gia's storyline is Jessie. Once you've got Jessie's story far enough along then Gia will open up.

Reactions: RM

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
This shouldn't be the case? Would it be fair to assume that you are GMT-3? I'm not quite sure why but it seems that for some people the game date/time might be localising and screwing things up.
Yes, but at least on my end it's still playable, I don't have any problems due to the timezone beyond waking up a little too early.

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017
holy shit i new you had experience because of your last game but god dame i was not exspecting release 1 to take me 3 hourse to run thru. props to you man.

Reactions: H2S and battered47

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
Found some potential issues, don't know if they've been caught.

1) Currently, if you max out Chanel's current stats with you, when you "invite her for a drink" it says "Chanel is now more corrupt" and "You cannot make Chanel like you more by repeating this action" but your corruption doesn't change.

2) When you get Jessie the job at the Gas station, the interface says you can visit her there from 3-7 on certain days, which hasn't been implemented yet.

Reactions: battered47
Jan 18, 2021
This game looks very promising, with surprisingly few bugs and typos for a first release. Thanks! I took some notes when I started playing, so that I do not forget about my first-time experiences. So here is my dump of random comments and suggestions: ;)

For new players who do not know the various characters yet, it would be useful if the portraits appearing in the left column could have a tooltip/title showing not only the name of that character but also their role or relationship to the MC (maybe after a line break). After starting the game for the first time, I had 11 portraits with a green frame in the left column and it took me a while to find who is a council member, who is a family member, etc. Even better: show also their current location (maybe on a third line, if possible?).

If the portraits in the left column are not clickable, then the cursor shouldn't change to a pointer/hand.

The introduction to the game encourages the player to take a look at the Journal. This includes a description of the members of the city council, employees, etc. Then we meet Adriana and read several letters that are rather redundant after having read the same information in the journal. It would be better if the information about the city council and employees would only appear in the journal after the player has read the letters. Then it would make sense to have the journal as a reminder, not as the first place where the player learns about the council members.

As suggested here by Draevis a few hours ago, it would be nice if the journal contained two "Go Back" links in every page: one at the top and one at the bottom.

In the office, the description says "During the workday (8:00-17:59) you can undertake most of your official mayoral duties here." It is nice to have the time displayed in the international standard format. However, in the left column the current time is shown as: "5:00 PM" and I could not find any settings allowing me to display the time in standard 24-hours format instead of AM/PM.

The navigation is a bit confusing because there are four different areas with links to other locations:
  • The square images in the left column (Bedroom, Home Office, Office, Gym, Mount Pleasant, Neighborhood).
  • The square images just above the image of the current location.
  • The square images just below the image of the current location.
  • The text links at the end of the main page.
Most of the time there are two or more ways to reach the same destination: from a text link, from an image in the left column, or from an image above or below the main location image. The player can get used to one navigation method (e.g., always use the text links) and forget about the other ones... most of the time. Unfortunately, this does always work: sometimes there are no text links, or no shortcut images (for example, from Mount Pleasant Main Street, you can visit the park but there are no text links to move around, only images; or in the Office, there are no shortcuts above the image, only two below it). This inconsistency is a bit confusing. It would be better if the image shortcuts above and below the main image would also always appear as text links at the bottom of the page. For new players who are not used yet to the images of the various locations, the text links are usually easier to follow than the images (even if the images have a tooltip/title, it takes a while for the descriptions to appear). Another option would be to merge the images and text links into the same area: have images with text in a single place in each page.

In the left column, why is there a shortcut to the bedroom instead of the main entrance of the house? Even if most of the actions take place in the bedroom, it would make more sense for the player to always land in the main entrance because it is the natural hub for the house, just like the Main Street is the hub for the city. It feels a bit strange that when Greg is in the office or visiting someone outside, he has to first enter his bedroom through the window before reaching the entrance hall and the rest of the house. I know that the entrance through the window is not what is intended/implied with this shortcut, but this is how it feels to me.

Going back home (bedroom) at 6 PM: the link "Go to work and come home" can be clicked freely and does not seem to do much more than refreshing the page. But it gets more interesting if you go back home after 6 PM and click that link: the time resets back to 6 PM. So you can go to the office, "Do work for 1 hour" until 11 PM, go back to the bedroom, click on "Go to work and come home" and reset the time to 6 PM, then repeat again and again and again... This can be (ab)used for example to meet all three council members on the same day, when discussing the time extension for Cory's bar.

During the weekend, if I go to the office I see the message: "You have already schmoozed a member of the city council today, try again tomorrow." That message appears even though I have not contacted any members of the city council on that day.

On a Monday, if I attend the city council in the morning, then it is past 11:00 and I cannot work from home anymore. But if I work from home first, then the city council is nice enough to wait and it is possible to do both on the same day. This is convenient, but is that intentional?

Meeting with Chanel at the bar about the extension of the nightlife: there are several references to the "waitress" who is clearly identified as a man. I have read some debate about waiter vs. waitress vs. server and gender neutrality, but I get confused when a man is called "waitress".

Overall, I enjoyed very much what I have seen so far. I am a bit concerned about the grind, though. It looks like some characters require a lot of similar actions before they are converted. I hope that the grind will be kept to a minimum as the game evolves.

Reactions: Dragoci

Caedyn

Dec 26, 2017
Actually really good for a first release, im looking forward to future updates. Really like being able to corrupt the entire town.

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes